MATCH DAY THREAD: Bolton V The Mighty Blades (FACup RND 2)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not_a_Cheat

Reaction score
So after the disappointing midweek result, it's back to cup action with the trip to Bolton. Our excellent run may have come to an end, but these things happen. Bolton are also on a good run of form, with only one defeat in 9, winning 8 of those. No easy task today, and some prefer to concentrate on the League - which obviously is the priority.However with the possibility of a money spinning third round tie, I'd be very disappointed if we go out today, but a replay would arguably be worse.

Anyway....

Any team news? :)

Lavery and Chapman possible starters?

Wilson seemingly back to fitness?

Places again for Scougall and Done?

Or keep relatively unchanged?

While I agree we are unlikely to win the cup and must concentrate on getting out of this division, would one extra game really hurt? Are 2 successive defeats likely to dent morale? For me, partly fueled by some of the Bolton fans views, I really want to be in the third round draw. Winning breeds confidence and I hope we do that in some style today. Anyway, we will see but I fear it's gonna in a draw, perhaps 1-1. Safe journey to those travelling, and I hope we do you proud.

UTB

I'm just hoping Wilder has the sense not to play Billy and leon from the start, Done has to be a better option to that even if he is experiencing a poor run of luck on the scoring front, atleast it gives Billy a better shot. I'd like Chapman to get a game though and I'd like to see him opposite Duffy with Clarke down the middle, that would mean something like a 4-3-3 formation though, which would be interesting to see, but also as you say, if getting to the next round is a must, then a system that works shouldn't be changed to much.
Anyway, here's to victory over our Lancashire rivals and their cobbled together logo home, come on wizards, do us proud!

2-1 Blades. Tottenham next time out.

Chapman is injured, was on crutches on Friday. Wilson still not available neither is Wright and EEL not allowed to play. Will be interesting to see who we have in defence

Can only see one outcome here. Yet it's up to those who step in to sieze the opportunity. Be interesting to see if any do.

We'll dominate the game and draw. Fleck and Coutts might as well get injured too.

Just lose nicely,with no injuries,no sendings off.

Then Wilder will have full weeks to plan each league game (except when its a two game week) but you get mi drift.

I delivered a brand spanking new Mercedes to Lee Chapmans home back in the 90's and remember as I got out of the car onto the newly gravelled driveway I could hear someone tapping on a window and as I looked up I could see Lesley Ash waving at me with a big smile on her face. This was well before her Botox encounter.

Anyway, back to football.

I delivered a brand spanking new Mercedes to Lee Chapmans home back in the 90's and remember as I got out of the car onto the newly gravelled driveway I could hear someone tapping on a window and as I looked up I could see Lesley Ash waving at me with a big smile on her face. This was well before her Botox encounter.

Anyway, back to football.

Did she ask you in to look at the damp patch in the bedroom?

4-4-2 and move Basham back if we're short of centre halves.

I hope we take the game seriously and put a marker down for the league by beating Bolton on their own patch. Got a feeling we might dip out today though, would be only time we'd have not made the 3rd round since we've been down in this shit division. I'd take that provided we get promotion.

I would go..

Ramsdale

Hussey
Basham
O'Connell
Feeeman

Lavery
Whiteman
Scougall
Reed

Done
Clarke

We can't afford any injuries to key players so I would not be heartbroken to write this one off. If we can put Zak Clough out for a month until the transfer window opens would be a bonus as well.

I would go..

Ramsdale

Hussey
Basham
O'Connell
Feeeman

Lavery
Whiteman
Scougall
Reed

Done
Clarke

We can't afford any injuries to key players so I would not be heartbroken to write this one off. If we can put Zak Clough out for a month until the transfer window opens would be a bonus as well.

You're not a fan of the FA cup then eh Za? ;)

Confirmed team

Ramsdale
Freeman
Brown
O Connell
Basham
Hussey
Fleck
Coutts
Scougall
Lavery
Clarke

I think Bolton are pretty much full strength

Interesting that Wilder's gone for Lavery up front. Could be a worthy experiment. I can't figure out the formation. Still 3-5-2?

10 mins into the tie and Radio 5live's commentator has already referred to us as "Sheffield" twice.

'spose it's good that she recognises there's only one team in Sheffield

Playing well blades, impressed with hussey

Nice to watch a game with no pressure

Sounds like Ramsdale is getting a proper workout today!

10 mins into the tie and Radio 5live's commentator has already referred to us as "Sheffield" twice.

'spose it's good that she recognises there's only one team in Sheffield

Kevin Gage referred to a Paul Cowts before kickoff. Anyone know who that is?

Not a bad half, but we are struggling to cope with Bolton's set plays.

Back
Top Bottom