Gone Elsewhere Martin Waghorn

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Now on this trend of "reliable" sources, Alan Nixon reckons our interest is genuine, but valuations are miles apart. Make of that what you will :)

Alan Nixon reckons our interest is genuine, but valuations are miles apart. Make of that what you will :)

Edit: beaten to it!

Awful signing (if true)!!!

Why don't we just shead out an extra 1/1.5mil and get Marriott

1. A lot younger
2. More prolific
3. Could potentially make a profit on

Makes no sense to me, cannot get my head round it at all
Waghorn is 10 times the player Marriot is ,there is a huge gulf between the Championship and 1st division. I reckon Marriot will be the new Paddy Madden .

Hmmm...always flattered to deceive has this lad.
It’s a large wedge for him if the fee is half that reported! McGoldrick (if signed) would be a significantly more value for money signing.
Don’t get me wrong, he’s an improvement on Lavery and Evans (current Evans, not past) so as long as we get another striker as well then fair enough. But I agree that if we were spending that kind of money we should really be gambling on Marriott. I can only see his value going up...whereas I think at those figures Waghorn is at his money!

I don't see Waghorn leaving Ipswich.

They have no reason to accept less than £5m.

But no one will want to pay that.

Wonder what we're willing to pay? I'd suggest no more than £2.5m.

Hmmm...always flattered to deceive has this lad.
It’s a large wedge for him if the fee is half that reported! McGoldrick (if signed) would be a significantly more value for money signing.
Don’t get me wrong, he’s an improvement on Lavery and Evans (current Evans, not past) so as long as we get another striker as well then fair enough. But I agree that if we were spending that kind of money we should really be gambling on Marriott. I can only see his value going up...whereas I think at those figures Waghorn is at his money!
He's definitely an upgrade on Evans past, as well - a lad that only ever did it in League 1

The more you say Martin and think about it being someone's name is weird as fuck.

Then it dawns on you that this fucker spells it Martyn.

BlankScarceAfricanporcupine-size_restricted.gif

Haven't seen him much over the years but I think he's similar to Billy but better in the air, although Billy to be fair isn't bad in the air but Waghorn is particularly good in the air. He also takes a decent free kick and corner. Left footed. I'll admit this is from watching videos my favourite is below!

£5mil for Waghorn? Someone is taking the piss somewhere.

Only player in the league to get double figures for both goals and assists, and in a poor team. Ipswich fans in meltdown at this on Twitter, they want triple the 5 million :eek:

I've had some time to think.

On the face of it, it seems an awful lot of money. But if we're seriously gunning for promotion this year, spending ~£5-7m on a player who will score and create a lot of goals for the next few years is surely good business.

He's got 3/4 good years left in him at least. He might not have the re-sale value of Marriott, for example, but he's likely to contribute more to our attacking play next season and would probably retain his value for at least a season.

We have to ask ourselves, do we want players through the door just to sell on for a big profit later down the line, or do we want to really go for promotion?

Henderson (loan), Egan (perm), Waghorn (perm), McGoldrick (free), Woodburn/Palmer (loan) and a target man (loan) would be a real signal of intent imo, and would give us a very good shot at promotion.

Any relation to Foghorn..?

latest

Bonkymadness!!!

Pay that much?? We are talking SHEFFIELD united...not some other united??

Can’t see it happening. Besides...Marriott for me, his age edges it. Plus he won’t want as much wages coming up a league.

You'd get Marriot and Gallagher
Or
Hogan and Gallagher
For what Ipswich are asking.

Sorry but really hope not, all hustle and bustle and no,end product........... although if he signs I will probably be wrong.....

If we'd even think about paying £5m for Waghorn (very doubtful!) we should just go straight in and offer that for Marriott instead.

But for those really keen on Marriott, consider this...

Adam Armstrong scored 20 goals in L1 - when he was 18. He's still only 21, and Marriott is 23.

I didn't realise he got 10 assists too, that's impressive.
Signing him and McGoldrick together might be a smart move, with a younger more athletic up and coming type to compliment the 4 we'll have.

If we'd even think about paying £5m for Waghorn (very doubtful!) we should just go straight in and offer that for Marriott instead.

But for those really keen on Marriott, consider this...

Adam Armstrong scored 20 goals in L1 - when he was 18. He's still only 21, and Marriott is 23.
9 last year back in league 1 though and just 1 the season before in the championship. That's just from a quick wiki search, I didn't check loan times or injuries.

Now on this trend of "reliable" sources, Alan Nixon reckons our interest is genuine, but valuations are miles apart. Make of that what you will :)

With the money left after Egan, it won't be Waghorn but it might be......................

9 last year back in league 1 though and just 1 the season before in the championship. That's just from a quick wiki search, I didn't check loan times or injuries.

He was only in L1 for the second half of last season.

Got 6 in 36 for Barnsley in the Championship the season before.

I've had some time to think.

On the face of it, it seems an awful lot of money. But if we're seriously gunning for promotion this year, spending ~£5-7m on a player who will score and create a lot of goals for the next few years is surely good business.

He's got 3/4 good years left in him at least. He might not have the re-sale value of Marriott, for example, but he's likely to contribute more to our attacking play next season and would probably retain his value for at least a season.

We have to ask ourselves, do we want players through the door just to sell on for a big profit later down the line, or do we want to really go for promotion?

Henderson (loan), Egan (perm), Waghorn (perm), McGoldrick (free), Woodburn/Palmer (loan) and a target man (loan) would be a real signal of intent imo, and would give us a very good shot at promotion.

He’d be a great addition no doubt but can we really afford that type of money without a resale value 2-3 years down the line, I think not, we arent that club across the City, thats how they got into thier mess.

Ipswich fans are laughing at the £5m tsg thinking its stupidly low. Weirdly we all think its stupidly high !

Back
Top Bottom