Marsh

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don’t know how Wilder was, not seen him for a few days. Marsh was involved and looks to be a quality player. Assist, goal, hit bar. Possibly a bit lightweight and flits in and out of the game but seems to be given the licence to roam with Chesterfield so it’s difficult to know whether he’s wedded to any particular position. I would include him in the squad and introduce him gradually. He also does a nice line in buying fouls.
He played alright in a front three, took his goal well. Markanday certainly stood out for Chesterfield and they linked up well for Marsh’s goal.

Strange game though, neither side really stood out, Chesterfield better first half but they conceded second half, with Tranmere looking just as likely to get the second at 1-1, defensively Chesterfield looked suspect so the timing of Marsh’s goal made the difference and it opened the flood gates to put the game to bed.

Certainly seems a good decision to send Marsh to Chesterfield, he’s settled in well and doing alright there. It’s one of those loans which made a lot of sense and I’m sure Wilder will be happy that he’s getting good experience there this season
 



Unfortunately Marshy has picked up injuries on his previous loans, so his minutes and have been severely limited. This loan at Chessie is proving ideal for him.

Ah, being injured makes you forget how to pass, shoot and all that. My mistake
 
Ah, being injured makes you forget how to pass, shoot and all that. My mistake
Football intelligence not your strong point then? Being able to do the things you’ve listed in academy football is very different to the men’s game, a bit like learning to pass your driving test/driving everyday
 
Very good again. Constantly moving around and finding space across the front line. Highlighted by his goal. Now 6 goals in 8 apps for Chesterfield this season, a goal every 80ish mins.

He'll thrive for them until Jan, then we'll likely recall him and send him out to a L1 side for further experience.
What I don't get is, why isn't his "lack of physicality" an issue in that division? It's no slower or stronger. Thats not a moan at us btw, I just dont get why he seems too small in the Championship but its not an issue where he is
 
Good on the lad.

He didn't stand out when called upon this pre season or cup games. But it's not to say he can't kick on.

You never know how a loan like this might grow him. He may just not have the quality or physically right but we've seen players go and get experience and come back over the years.

Maybe January might be good if he continues to impress.
 
Good on the lad.

He didn't stand out when called upon this pre season or cup games. But it's not to say he can't kick on.

You never know how a loan like this might grow him. He may just not have the quality or physically right but we've seen players go and get experience and come back over the years.

Maybe January might be good if he continues to impress.
He’s still only 22. He could probably do with a little bit more strength from watching him for chesterfield & to survive championship football he probably lacks a yard of pace.

He’s going to have a good league career though & another one you have to credit the academy for producing
 
What I don't get is, why isn't his "lack of physicality" an issue in that division? It's no slower or stronger. Thats not a moan at us btw, I just dont get why he seems too small in the Championship but its not an issue where he is
Div 2 football is much slower than Champ football which is much slower than prem football
 
What I don't get is, why isn't his "lack of physicality" an issue in that division? It's no slower or stronger. Thats not a moan at us btw, I just dont get why he seems too small in the Championship but its not an issue where he is
I don't think the league is what matters. More the way he's being utilised.

He's being played as a #10, with licence to drift all over the front line to find space. As such, he's not staying tight with one defender who can bully him with greater strength, and man-mark him out of a game.

I think he'd do a fine job at L1 or even Champ level if he were allowed the same degree of freedom. I think there's a level of validity in the comparisons to Duffy I've seen on here. He was phenomenal for us as a roaming attacking midfielder. Given the licence to wander across the pitch to find space and link attacks. Marsh is one who we'd find major value in were we to use in a similar manner (though with a greater focus on finishing off attacks rather than instigating them)
 
Saw match.
Marsh useless. No physical attributes whatsoever. Everything laid on a plate for him by the better Chessy players,
He only had I think 4 or 5 shots because Tranmere were inept.
Hit the bar when even I would have scored. The fact he sent 2 defenders the wrong way, completely immaterial. Then when Rovers tired got a lucky goal and an assist.
Get rid.
No way a No. 10. Just look at our recent ex one now excelling for Disney. A giant of a man nobody could ever knock off the ball.
 



I watched the highlights on Sky, seemed to be very involved in their best play.
Does look a bit physically stronger than I remember.

I don't know his contract situation but I'd be tempted to leave him out there. He's local, he's enjoying himself, he's finding his feet in senior football, confident. No need to disrupt it, we're not doing anything this season and it'd be a shame to see him wasted on our bench (thinking back to Jebbison and Osula).
 
Never been given a real chance here, written off on the training ground. Will play a lot higher than league two once he finds his feet at pro level but think the key for Marsh is staying fit.
 
I think there's a very good chance that he's a better player than Ayew, BBD, Shackleton. That's the issue more than is he ready to start every Championship match

Which I don't think anybody is suggesting (although, in a dead season, it's not as if it is a bad idea)
 

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom