Player Suggestion Marcus Maddison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I rate Holmes, but I guess that's a joke?!

Fair enough. 'Obviously' seemed like a strange choice of wording based on the fact that:
  • He's about to turn 30
  • He's not had a particularly inspiring season
  • He's spent his whole career down south

Know he has plenty of suitors on here.

Been transfer listed as he's in the last year of his contract as part of P'Boro's release list.

Been transfer listed as he's in the last year of his contract as part of P'Boro's release list.
Peterborough transfer list everybody who have just one year to run on their contract, its club policy.

If you are having any difficulty finding where the right section for this post should be please let foxy or Linz know

If you are having any difficulty finding where the right section for this post should be please let foxy or Linz know

Ah Mr self imposed thread policer.

Bet you spaffed off when you read this ya sad ****

Try reading the forum rules/guidelines. If you are unable to find them I am sure Foxy or Linz will be able to help you. There is also a section about personal abuse that you may wish to make note of which may help you refrain from hurling personal abuse when someone tries to help you.

Obviously there are other forums that may accept personal abuse as acceptable

Try reading the forum rules/guidelines. If you are unable to find them I am sure Foxy or Linz will be able to help you. There is also a section about personal abuse that you may wish to make note of which may help you refrain from hurling personal abuse when someone tries to help you.

Can you let me know where they are please

giphy.gif

Wrong thread post doubled up with personal abuse.

Disappointed it wasn't backed up with a bit of indecipherable text speak for the perfect hat-trick to be honest.

Fair enough. 'Obviously' seemed like a strange choice of wording based on the fact that:
  • He's about to turn 30
  • He's not had a particularly inspiring season
  • He's spent his whole career down south

Holmes has had an inspiring season mate. I must admit I thought the same until I looked more carefully and he's scored 13 goals for a poor Charlton side, 6 assists and got their player of the season award so that's not bad to be fair. His career has been on the rise in recent seasons. Yes he's 29 but I think he would represent decent value and add something to the team. Mainly dribbling, more goals from midfield and pace.

Holmes has had an inspiring season mate. I must admit I thought the same until I looked more carefully and he's scored 13 goals for a poor Charlton side, 6 assists and got their player of the season award so that's not bad to be fair. His career has been on the rise in recent seasons. Yes he's 29 but I think he would represent decent value and add something to the team. Mainly dribbling, more goals from midfield and pace.

Rather than saying 'uninspiring', I should have said 'less inspiring than our midfielders'

Rather than saying 'uninspiring', I should have said 'less inspiring than our midfielders'

These video's can be misleading I know but see what you think after this. Their fans say he's far too good for them. I on't think he's coming for a minute to be honest because he is a southerner as you say and seemed to want to move to London but I can't see a player in our squad as good as Holmes in the hole position - currently occupied by Duffy.

These video's can be misleading I know but see what you think after this. Their fans say he's far too good for them. I on't think he's coming for a minute to be honest because he is a southerner as you say and seemed to want to move to London but I can't see a player in our squad as good as Holmes in the hole position - currently occupied by Duffy.

Fair play Booker, that's a nice highlight reel. I saw us play them home and away and didn't think he added much in either game, maybe he's just not up for the big games?

Fair play Booker, that's a nice highlight reel. I saw us play them home and away and didn't think he added much in either game, maybe he's just not up for the big games?

I thought he had a decent game at BDTBL and broke through into dangerous positions a few times

He scored the free kick I recall at the lane. Can't remember his overall performance. I'd still rather Maddison, he's the top assist maker in the league this season but Holmes might be more affordable.

Not trying to state the obvious but a lot of players didn't have good game against us because (and its a long time since I could say this) we were so good last season!!

Only Walsall were good in both matches (they can't beat lower teams however) and we know how it turns out buying players from them

I thought he looked distinctly average. Are you sure it wasn't just his pony-tail?

I am sure it wasn't his pony tail. Maybe my memory is playing tricks, thought he scored a screamer of a free kick in the first half to put them ahead. Second half he fired one over and hit the woodwork I think?

Diddums.

He didn't play against us at their place, he was injured. In fact he missed quite a few games through injury so the fact he still scored 13, especially in an underperforming team, is impressive. I thought he looked good against us at BL, a bit similar to Duffy and Mark Marshall (Bradford) in that he'd drift from side to side and find space, and then show quality when he got the ball. He did miss one or two good chances that day though.

I'm wondering what might have happened if we had Holmes this season. Think he would've done brilliantly in our team.

Back
Top Bottom