Player Suggestion Marcus Maddison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'd not realised that he quit the professional game after leaving Bolton. Still only 28, he's just joined Darlington. Closer to home and should be a good opportunity to enjoy playing but still at a very competitive level.

Wasn’t his attitude always in question? Guessing that may be why. So much of being a top pro is mental capabilities. Footballing ability (when on the training pitch) won’t actually differ too much, I wouldn’t have thought.

I'd not realised that he quit the professional game after leaving Bolton. Still only 28, he's just joined Darlington. Closer to home and should be a good opportunity to enjoy playing but still at a very competitive level.

David Wheater is player and part owner at Darlo

Wasn’t his attitude always in question? Guessing that may be why. So much of being a top pro is mental capabilities. Footballing ability (when on the training pitch) won’t actually differ too much, I wouldn’t have thought.

I believe he really suffered with mental health issues which caused him to act out a bit which is why he is now playing non-league football. He chose to drop out of league football so he could enjoy the game again. I believe he still had several league 1 and championship offers when he made the decision.

He was always a really talented footballer but obviously had his demons which is why he couldn’t really apply his talents in the most effective way.

I believe he really suffered with mental health issues which caused him to act out a bit which is why he is now playing non-league football. He chose to drop out of league football so he could enjoy the game again. I believe he still had several league 1 and championship offers when he made the decision.

He was always a really talented footballer but obviously had his demons which is why he couldn’t really apply his talents in the most effective way.
Ah that’s such a shame to hear. Hope he’s been able to get some help!

Back
Top Bottom