Managers who have no bottle.....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Let’s all be honest if not for the post we’d have lost that, then imagine the uproar on here because of the substitution. Going “safe” is more likely to lose you games than win them. We all remember the odd Clough tactics every now and again when in similar positions.

Khadra, McAtee and Doyle don't know all the intricacies of our wonderfully complex system, and even though they're technically superior and more likely to keep the ball, it was just too risky to bring any of them on in the attacking positions with less defensive responsibility

Norwood never loses the ball. Only young loanees can lose the ball

Last edited:
Bogle is the only staring 11 out of our players mentioned the others play when we have Injurys or are battling for a starting spot but they are not guaranteed starting 11 when everyone is fit so your talking complete rubbish.. As for the loanees, not fucking ready? Yet unfit Sharpe and McB are? So you are saying those 3 are starting 11 yet Hecky doesn’t play them, says it all. And don’t give me they are not fit bollocls.
Ok,if you say so

Don't understand how there are so many that just want to have a moan at every opportunity and are seemingly desperate to see Hecky fail.

Last year we climbed the table after a horrendous start and despite an injury crisis got to the playoffs and almost beat the side that ended up getting promoted.

This year we've signed some exciting young players without letting anyone major depart and we've gone loss, win, draw against 3 tough sides.

Since he came in the direction has been nothing but positive.

Don't understand how there are so many that just want to have a moan at every opportunity and are seemingly desperate to see Hecky fail.

Last year we climbed the table after a horrendous start and despite an injury crisis got to the playoffs and almost beat the side that ended up getting promoted.

This year we've signed some exciting young players without letting anyone major depart and we've gone loss, win, draw against 3 tough sides.

Since he came in the direction has been nothing but positive.
How dare you come on here talking sense, the bed wetters will have a fit

Boro we’re there for the taking but Mr Super Safe decides to defend it out & we concede .. space all over the pitch to exploit them coming on for Khadra / Mc Atee etc .. no we’ll stick Mc Burnie on … also takes off our liveliest player in Ndiaye again … poor management

Boro changed shape and put an extra midfielder on to compound their advantage there. Great management .The move was to go four at the back and match them - we didn't do it. Everyone knows the middle of the park is a huge weakness for us except seemingly our manager ( maybe Doyle is his
solution?).

We are a moments team: we rely purely on the individual quality of our forward players and backline. We dont win a tackle or race in the middle.We are a footballing jellyfish. Or a biscuit with no middle in it.

On the bottler tag. What generally happens with caretakers is they inherit a shitshow - the only way is up. They then improve things as any competent person could. They play open, expansive attacking stuff whilst doing that. The players love them and there's a buzz. They then inherit the job and are in a new position - everything is there fault: the good, the bad. The psychology has completely changed and thus they resort to negative, ultra cautious stuff.

Kevin Blackwell was a great example.

Boro chasing the game and we put McBurnie on for Ndiaye when the obvious choice it to put some pace on. It was a green light for Boro to go forward safe in the knowledge McBurnie doesn't have the pace to hurt them on the counter. Khadra, McAtee and Doyle must be feeling bemused I know I am especially when Jimmy Fleck and Norwood have run out of legs after the first half. It's noticeable when those two clowns run out of steam Berge has to run midfield alone and is far less effective. Of course this cautious approach sees us concede at a set piece handing the momentum to a poor Boro side. I'm beginning to think Hecky is turning into another negative Nigel and might not be here come Christmas.

Not saying it is a question of bottle but the lack of use of substitutes in the second half was baffling. With 3 midfielders on the bench surely putting some fresh legs on would have made sense particularly as Fleck and Norwood are not exactly the most energetic these days. To say they are not quite ready yet Mcburnie who has been out longer is kind of contradicts that argument. I am pretty certain that 3 young professional sportsmen could have easily handled 20 -30 minutes of football. I think the 5 subs rule will benefit the more tactically astute managers who know how to use the different options available effectively. I am not sure Hecky falls into that category . Time will tell but feel that was 2 points dropped today.

Boro chasing the game and we put McBurnie on for Ndiaye when the obvious choice it to put some pace on. It was a green light for Boro to go forward safe in the knowledge McBurnie doesn't have the pace to hurt them on the counter. Khadra, McAtee and Doyle must be feeling bemused I know I am especially when Jimmy Fleck and Norwood have run out of legs after the first half. It's noticeable when those two clowns run out of steam Berge has to run midfield alone and is far less effective. Of course this cautious approach sees us concede at a set piece handing the momentum to a poor Boro side. I'm beginning to think Hecky is turning into another negative Nigel and might not be here come Christmas.

Perfect assessment especially re Berge. Berge himself of course is much better running towards the opponent's goal, than running backwards on the turn. We prioritised the wrong areas in the transfer market. Even if Doyle is solid gold we are praying for no injuries or for Arblaster to have an outstanding season as a regular.

Love Fleck but he got poorer as the game went on!, with Khadra, Doyle and McAtee on the bench and with 10 mins (+ E/Time) to go you make that change!.
My choice would be Doyle on for Fleck.
If your that worried about a 'last 10 onslaught' from the opposition put Gordon on for RND(only because of the heavy knock he had taken earlier) and strengthen the CD!.
You don't put McBurnie on to trot about like a sloth and offer 'nothing to very little'!!.
That is where the manager bottled it. He was so scared I could hear his a**ehole tightening!!

Love Fleck but he got poorer as the game went on!, with Khadra, Doyle and McAtee on the bench and with 10 mins (+ E/Time) to go you make that change!.
My choice would be Doyle on for Fleck.
If your that worried about a 'last 10 onslaught' from the opposition put Gordon on for RND(only because of the heavy knock he had taken earlier) and strengthen the CD!.
You don't put McBurnie on to trot about like a sloth and offer 'nothing to very little'!!.
That is where the manager bottled it. He was so scared I could hear his a**ehole tightening!!
I bet CWAK were sniggering when we put McWanker on

Not saying it is a question of bottle but the lack of use of substitutes in the second half was baffling. With 3 midfielders on the bench surely putting some fresh legs on would have made sense particularly as Fleck and Norwood are not exactly the most energetic these days. To say they are not quite ready yet Mcburnie who has been out longer is kind of contradicts that argument. I am pretty certain that 3 young professional sportsmen could have easily handled 20 -30 minutes of football. I think the 5 subs rule will benefit the more tactically astute managers who know how to use the different options available effectively. I am not sure Hecky falls into that category . Time will tell but feel that was 2 points dropped today.
Lack of subs even just with the heat was baffling

Perhaps Hecky has seen the new lads and thinks they're not ready and doesn't want them to fail before they are - because he knows they will probably get slaughter on here

Perhaps Hecky has seen the new lads and thinks they're not ready and doesn't want them to fail before they are - because he knows they will probably get slaughter on here
Isnt it his job to get them ready?

I genuinely can’t see why you can’t question the manager’s substitutions without being labelled a bedwetter. You don’t have to be either 100% behind Hecky or 100% wanting him to go for fucks sake!

Even the most ardent Hecky supporters must surely be baffled by his in game management today? McBurnie for Ndaye when we have Khedra and McAtee on the bench and leaving Fleck for the full duration when he had obvs lost his legs in the 2nd half? Not using his 5 subs when it was 30 odd degrees on the pitch? It just baffled me today. Not a bad result at all but should have been so much more with better substitutes and cutting out basic defensive mistakes that have blighted this team for several seasons now.

Let’s all be honest if not for the post we’d have lost that, then imagine the uproar on here because of the substitution. Going “safe” is more likely to lose you games than win them. We all remember the odd Clough tactics every now and again when in similar positions.
Yes, you could argue that.

Or you could just as easily argue that but for a finger tip save from Brewster’s header and an even better one handed intervention on the ground when Brewster had gone round the keeper United would have won that game…to those you could also add that if we did basics like staying on fucking side when we put free kicks into the opponent’s penalty area United would definitely have done more than enough to win the game.

We aren’t good enough or consistent to run away with the league we’re going to get plenty more of these performances, when we got promoted last there was a certain buzz around the place even though I was surprised as many for us to go up automatically but with Hecky there’s no buzz perhaps we are expecting to win games without going through the hard work. I always found that Blades teams and fans are better when there’s no or very little expectations because when we’re expected to win we don’t.

I doubt hecky reads this forum.

Back
Top Bottom