Managerial merry go round

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

steve26272

Reaction score
3 managers lost their job yesterday, the sacking season has definitely started

I like Slav, and hope he gets it right, until he gets JTW under his belt he is shuffling CW’s deck chairs on BDTBL titanic

However, sometimes a club will see they may have made a mistake, and when someone who they may see as better is available they act - Spurs/Nuno/Conte

IF / and this is merely a question to discuss…….

Villa sack Smith in 2 games time.
We loose to Forest & B’burn

Would we welcome DS to the lane?

On one hand, he like Slav, has promotion from EFL to Prem, but DS kept them there, and then last season pushed on by building a good side. If we view our first foreign manager as a failure, a British bloke with this CV could be interesting?

On the other hand he’s a bit of a whingy bastard, and could he work within our budgets?

He may fancy a pop at what could be a quick route back to the Prem with a decent size club - especially seeing his mate CW take 10 months out, to end up possibly at Barnsley

I suspect if the prince learnt anything from CW demise, it’s you have to be ruthless, if we are in the bottom 3 after 17 games does he act, or potentially leave it too late….again?

3 managers lost their job yesterday, the sacking season has definitely started

I like Slav, and hope he gets it right, until he gets JTW under his belt he is shuffling CW’s deck chairs on BDTBL titanic

However, sometimes a club will see they may have made a mistake, and when someone who they may see as better is available they act - Spurs/Nuno/Conte

IF / and this is merely a question to discuss…….

Villa sack Smith in 2 games time.
We loose to Forest & B’burn

Would we welcome DS to the lane?

On one hand, he like Slav, has promotion from EFL to Prem, but DS kept them there, and then last season pushed on by building a good side. If we view our first foreign manager as a failure, a British bloke with this CV could be interesting?

On the other hand he’s a bit of a whingy bastard, and could he work within our budgets?

He may fancy a pop at what could be a quick route back to the Prem with a decent size club - especially seeing his mate CW take 10 months out, to end up possibly at Barnsley

I suspect if the prince learnt anything from CW demise, it’s you have to be ruthless, if we are in the bottom 3 after 17 games does he act, or potentially leave it too late….again?
I don’t see any other available manager making more out of this squad than the present manager.
Give him the chance to bring in one or two in January and then see how he is doing.
Even this group are good enough to avoid the bottom three in this league.

He’s a whinging bastard who will hop on the merry go round for the next 10 years or so with an average to below average record and never do anything noteworthy, other than trouser a few million in the sky rocket.

I don’t see any other available manager making more out of this squad than the present manager.
Give him the chance to bring in one or two in January and then see how he is doing.
Radical 😉

Could we afford to pay Slav up if we wanted to sack him?
Dean Smith spent a shitload and still nearly got Villa relegated - how rubbish would he be with no money to spend?

Unless he's had his pal Jack playing for him he's been an absolutely shite manager

He’s spent 100 million for the last 3 seasons on a trott, think I’d have a good shout at beating his record spending that kinda of money, plus he had one of the best young footballers/falling over a lot in the country at his disposal, big fat no from me

im still not certain our players are giving 100% for slav but with a 3 year contract in his wallet i dont think theres any alternative than to stick with him big clearout required next summer and its the start of a new era in 2022 however if were not in a better position next year at this time i do think his job will be on the line

I wouldn’t want Dean Smith anywhere near here, garbage manager who got lucky

We have a lot of players in the squad who have proved they are more than capable at this level and above. Most of them seem totally under motivated at the moment, it's part of the managers brief to get them firing on all cylinders on a Saturday. The current manager has to take all the responsibility on that one. I've said it before this present guy aint Sheff United. Let's move him on and get someone in who can fire this team up.

We need more than 1 or 2

Back
Top Bottom