Man Utd 3 Sheff Utd 0 - report/ratings/pod

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who remembers the Harlem Globetrotters of the 70s and 80s? Whenever they played exhibition games they always used to play a nondescript team of stooges that they took piss out of to the great delight of the watching audience. Well last night at Old Trafford I had a flashback and my beloved team SUFC where just that very team. A team of mugs with the sole purpose of making the star attraction (MUFC) look like a team of world beaters. It may seem a strange comparison but that’s how felt watching my team stand off the opposition, trotting about at half pace, not challenging, not offering any threat going forward and defending like amateurs. Man Utd felt so comfortable they were making block substitutions as though it was a pre-season friendly.
Ok all this might be a little bit harsh on a team in 8th place with limited resources......But I had to get it out of my system.

Good write up DB.
Deservedly scathing.
There’s no doubt the lads have been a big disappointment during this restart (even taking into account the robbed two points against Villa).
Was always going to be tough though, and thankfully that’s three difficult away games in a week out of the way.

To me, it looks like they’re really missing the energy of having spectators.
I know I’m not enjoying watching games in empty, echoing arenas with even less people than a pre-season kick-around.
I won’t even comment on the stupid canned crowd noises. I hold it with the same contempt I have for canned laughter.

The only teams that seem to be responding are the usual ones with deep squads.
Liverpool were fantastic ripping apart Palace yesterday.
Man City - Burnley was equally one-sided

I thought Man U also are simply returning to their best. Oli is finally getting an expensive talented squad to click, and it was always going to be a difficult job in a steaming hot Old Trafford.

Gonna be really fascinating to see which Blades team turns up on Sundy.

Who remembers the Harlem Globetrotters of the 70s and 80s? Whenever they played exhibition games they always used to play a nondescript team of stooges that they took piss out of to the great delight of the watching audience. Well last night at Old Trafford I had a flashback and my beloved team SUFC where just that very team. A team of mugs with the sole purpose of making the star attraction (MUFC) look like a team of world beaters. It may seem a strange comparison but that’s how felt watching my team stand off the opposition, trotting about at half pace, not challenging, not offering any threat going forward and defending like amateurs. Man Utd felt so comfortable they were making block substitutions as though it was a pre-season friendly.
Ok all this might be a little bit harsh on a team in 8th place with limited resources......But I had to get it out of my system.

1593097638279.gif

I thought you were a bit harsh on Gary Neville who made a point of saying 'Manchester United' and 'Sheffield United', and if he did say 'United', usually corrected himself, as opposed to Greame Souness in the studio who, annoyingly, referred to 'United' and 'Sheffield' throughout.

Back
Top Bottom