Luvly Jubly.......................Andy Reid!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Let's hope so. Though of course, it's just going to be harder to say goodbye when we've grown so attached.

It should be in the rumour mill...

But i'm not moving this one just to move it back ;) ;) ;)

Nice one foxy! :)

If he stays it will give the fans a big boost. Two winnable home games coming up (what am I saying?) and with some hard work and a bit of lady luck, we might get to the lofty heights of mid-table

I've no idea how much he's costing the club, but he's about the only player we've got that will actually put bums on seats.

I just hope he stays fit.

assumedly Reid's wages are the same wages which were being paid to De Laet (im sure they will differ in quantity but the premise of swapping De Laet with Reid seems to cover the financial outlay to a great extent).

Morgans injury has knackered us up here I would guess (assuming we are on the ragged edge of our salary budget) - now that we certainly need another defender, itll be interesting to see whether they find the funds for another loan defender if the right bloke becomes available to us.

Yes, to be fair we have been unlucky with injuries. The wage bill is set in the summer at a level the board feel will keep us competitive, but then long term injuries to Henderson, Williamson and Morgan rear their ugly heads and we are then forced to exceed the wage bill to bring in replacements.

BTW, does anybody know if Henderson's contract expires in 2011 or 2012? I have an awful feeling it is 2012.

Yes, to be fair we have been unlucky with injuries. The wage bill is set in the summer at a level the board feel will keep us competitive, but then long term injuries to Henderson, Williamson and Morgan rear their ugly heads and we are then forced to exceed the wage bill to bring in replacements.
Williamson should then have been taken into account that he is not available for a long time.

The competitivness was not there at the beginning of the season, due to a lack of numbers. A couple of injuries have proved we haven't planned thoroughly enough for the season, or even till January.

Williamson should then have been taken into account that he is not available for a long time.

The competitivness was not there at the beginning of the season, due to a lack of numbers. A couple of injuries have proved we haven't planned thoroughly enough for the season, or even till January.

Feels like last season all over again doesn't it?

Only without a team that can scrap for points it doesn't deserve.

Let's hope so. Though of course, it's just going to be harder to say goodbye when we've grown so attached.

True but the bigger picture is that it just goes to show what a difference one quality player (particularly in midfield) makes to the team and more importantly what Speedo is trying to do.

Said it before but we just need to get through this season, survive and kick on from next Summer. The more Andy Reid types Speedo can get can only mean improvement in style and promotion chances.

True but the bigger picture is that it just goes to show what a difference one quality player (particularly in midfield) makes to the team and more importantly what Speedo is trying to do.

Said it before but we just need to get through this season, survive and kick on from next Summer. The more Andy Reid types Speedo can get can only mean improvement in style and promotion chances.

Where is the wedge coming from Jim - fresh air?

It would help if we owned a fit centre-back and didn't have 3 shite full backs on the bench every week. Impossible to 'kick-on' with the total reliance on loan players to field anything like a competitive team.

When Reidy goes, the only hope is we have enough points to survive the rest of the term.

Apparantly, Gary Sinclair said over the tannoy "good to have you here for another month!" :)

Have to say, I didn't actually hear him, but a number on BM did.

Apparantly, Gary Sinclair said over the tannoy "good to have you here for another month!" :)

Have to say, I didn't actually hear him, but a number on BM did.

Yep, heard the same myself. Delighted.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom