Luton memries

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I completely forgot. We played them after promotion in 06. Tonge scored.

I know this is about away games mostly, but I think we beat Luton 1-0, Hutchison scored following a free kick for a back pass, and it's one of the worst games I've ever seen us win.

Luton might have had someone sent off, too.

Today will be my 4th visit to Kenilworth Road.

My last 3 visits

December 1970

Luton 2 (MacDonald, Jimmy Ryan) Blades 1 (Currie pen)

View attachment 179032

August 1976
Luton 2 (Deans 2) Blades 0

View attachment 179033
Boxing Day 1990

Luton 0 Blades 1 ( Deane)

There was a really hostile atmosphere on that day in 1970,it was packed out and very intimidating as a kid, sat in the Luton stand ,the adults I was with were in an argument with those around us when they realised we were Blades,they were going well at that time and helped by the raucous atmosphere were better than us on the day

I know this is about away games mostly, but I think we beat Luton 1-0, Hutchison scored following a free kick for a back pass, and it's one of the worst games I've ever seen us win.

Luton might have had someone sent off, too.
About 1995 96? Total shocking performance. The 1 1 at the Lane in 1991, Beesley equaliser, was a terrible match.
The 6 3 away v Luton in 1994 95 was great. Two for Kevin Gage.

There was a really hostile atmosphere on that day in 1970,it was packed out and very intimidating as a kid, sat in the Luton stand ,the adults I was with were in an argument with those around us when they realised we were Blades,they were going well at that time and helped by the raucous atmosphere were better than us on the day
Yes, they were in 2nd place after the game

1707557506410.png

Only place that a coach i have been on had a brick put straight thru a side window on the way out of Luton.....about 50 years ago.

Yup

As it was my first away game I was really taken by surprise how intimidating it was as I had only known the BL experience

Catwoman and Rockliffe P .I. Zipwire losing not losing his ticket.

I believe photos exist WF10BLADE Foxy

Only been to Kenilworth Road once.

Working in Bedford I had a Saturday afternoon off and went to see Luton v. Blackpool.

Spent an evening in Luton. That was different.

Only place that a coach i have been on had a brick put straight thru a side window on the way out of Luton.....about 50 years ago.
I was also on that coach! Fuckin' freezin' going back up the M1. There was also fisticuffs with Leeds fans at Leicester Forest services on the way down. It was November 1974. Won 1-0. Currie scored on a pudding of a pitch.
Also went in 1977 when we lost 4-0. Not been since.......

25 March 1978. 4 1 win v Luton at the Lane. Stainrod starring, a real prospect at that time. Not long before that , a 5 2 hammering of Millwall occurred too.

Best win v Luton was Jan 4 1992 at home, FA Cup 3rd round.
4 0.
Made up nicely for a 3 1 thumping also round 3 at the Lane in Jan 1991.

Back
Top Bottom