CONFIRMED Lundstram to Rangers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bertieblade

Reaction score
Apparently off to Burnley.
So obvious that he has had a deal lined up and calls into question why both this seasons managers have up until last week continued to play him. Possible excuse being that Wilders unbalanced squad had left him with little choice but surely since heckingbottom took over he has had no excuse

Apparently off to Burnley.
So obvious that he has had a deal lined up and calls into question why both this seasons managers have up until last week continued to play him. Possible excuse being that Wilders unbalanced squad had left him with little choice but surely since heckingbottom took over he has had no excuse

F**k him and the three legged horse he rode in on.

Whilst I have absolutely no time for this footballer who has cheated SUFC and its fans by going through the motions for a full season, the real culprits here are the thick twats who continued to pick him week after week despite him stinking the place out. Totally disgusting that he continued to get picked after September onwards when it was obvious then that he didn't give a shit (and all the bollox from the management of the club telling us all that all the players did care was totally that - most fans don't need some professional at a football club to tell us our arse from our elbow).

The blame lies with the club on this one and they've reaped what they have sown this season.

As for good ol Lundy. Fuck off sunshine and don't bother coming back. I couldn't care less about his future footballing career, as long as its not at SUFC.

Whilst I have absolutely no time for this footballer who has cheated SUFC and its fans by going through the motions for a full season, the real culprits here are the thick twats who continued to pick him week after week despite him stinking the place out. Totally disgusting that he continued to get picked after September onwards when it was obvious then that he didn't give a shit (and all the bollox from the management of the club telling us all that all the players did care was totally that - most fans don't need some professional at a football club to tell us our arse from our elbow).

The blame lies with the club on this one and they've reaped what they have sown this season.

As for good ol Lundy. Fuck off sunshine and don't bother coming back. I couldn't care less about his future footballing career, as long as its not at SUFC.
absolutely spot on weasel hes been lucky theres been no fans but i blame wilder for insulting the fans by playing him week in week out

Another club to leech money from, all whilst contributing the sum total of fuck all.

I'll bank this with the other 'SUFC what the fucketty fucks' that I've collected over the years - previous examples being selling Deane and Fjortoft on the same day when top of the league, appointing Bryan Robson, employing Terry Fuckwit Robinson for years, selling Billy Sharp twice for peanuts, missing a last minute penalty to get relegated, etc etc

He’ll sign for someone like Coventry in 12-18 months.

Got to laugh.... Leaves for more money, goes to Burnley, second lowest wages in pl behind United..

Bench warmer, but he'll love that won't he..

He'll certainly be on a lot more at Burnley than he was at Utd if he does indeed head there this summer.

As a free agent he'll receive a very decent signing-on bonus, as well as a significantly increased salary.

I've never particularly rated him even after watching him on numerous occasions for OUFC but I don't blame him for trying to maximise what he earns from the game.

Whilst I have little time for Lundstram based on his performances this season, it could be argued that his pre-lockdown performances last season were a key factor in our league position and, if he can rediscover that form, Burnley will have bagged themselves a bargain. I suspect that it will be short-lived though, he doesn’t seem to be able to maintain his performance levels.

The million dollar question is whether our midfield is better with or without him? We’ve all slagged him off but nobody else has performed either, so it’s not just down to him.

He'll certainly be on a lot more at Burnley than he was at Utd if he does indeed head there this summer.

As a free agent he'll receive a very decent signing-on bonus, as well as a significantly increased salary.

I've never particularly rated him even after watching him on numerous occasions for OUFC but I don't blame him for trying to maximise what he earns from the game.

Would it shock you to find out he's been getting paid 4k a week plus bonuses, which of course have been thin on the ground this season...I Dont blame anybody for wanting to better themselves, but Burnley are buying a league one player, that's not in doubt...

It would be difficult to end up on less than we were paying him, but will he get the 60k that was rumoured which he wanted..

Wouldn't it be interesting if Wilder went to Burnley (he'll go somewhere in the summer) IF Dyche decides he's had enough of a constant fight with relegation at Burnley (He'll go somewhere at sometime - perhaps this summer)

UTB

As has already been said, numerous times, by many different people, on many different threads, the question is, why did CW continue to pick him as a starter, week after week after week, when he had made it clear he wasn't signing any new contract, and would be off.

And gets to keep the Dean Hammond award for most despised blades player

Ok, on the outside it doesn't look good what's happened with Lunny, he's been poor this season by in large, he's wanted to leave as far as I'm concerned since last summer. But, we don't have his side of the story, he was superb last season, no doubt wanted to be made one of the higher earners and maybe he wasn't and that made him feel like he wasn't valued as much as he thought he should be. So he's got two options, sign the contract on less money than he think's he deserves, or see out his contract. That's his prerogative, even though we don't like it.

Doesn't mean that from the outside that it doesn't look good, but we don't know his side, that's all I'm saying.

Ok, on the outside it doesn't look good what's happened with Lunny, he's been poor this season by in large, he's wanted to leave as far as I'm concerned since last summer. But, we don't have his side of the story, he was superb last season, no doubt wanted to be made one of the higher earners and maybe he wasn't and that made him feel like he wasn't valued as much as he thought he should be. So he's got two options, sign the contract on less money than he think's he deserves, or see out his contract. That's his prerogative, even though we don't like it.

Doesn't mean that from the outside that it doesn't look good, but we don't know his side, that's all I'm saying.
I wonder how much of this is his doing, there's likely to be an agent with his hand up Lunny's arse telling him what to do.

He'd been crap ever since he had a few good games, became something of cult fantasy football darling, he and/or agent then saw the £ signs then Sander Berge signed and was shoehorned into the side at his expense. You can see why he might spit his dummy out but at the same time he's lucky he wasn't bombed out altogether when we were promoted based on his lack of impact in the previous 2 seasons we'd had him for.

Biggest thing for me is that Wilder knew perfectly well that Lundstram wanted out, refused to sign his contract but did nothing about signing a replacement. He should have been packed off on a season long loan somewhere, transferred to Burnley (or wherever) or been paid up and released. Mark Duffy's feet barely hit the floor before he was turfed out but not Lundstram for some unknown reason.

As has already been said, numerous times, by many different people, on many different threads, the question is, why did CW continue to pick him as a starter, week after week after week, when he had made it clear he wasn't signing any new contract, and would be off.
Why didn’t he offer him a new contract earlier? It’s a basic principle now that it’s risky to allow contracts to get below two years. I get that we had to see how the players performed but once we’d seen they were capable, we should have started extending any contracts that had less than two years on them. He should have been tied down with a new contract long before Berge turned up.

Can they sign him before the weekend please? I don't care about the rules, just fuck off John.
I think the PFA put a stop to making players train with the kids but I’d freeze him out as much as possible. He wouldn’t be anywhere near the first team. It’s a shame we couldn’t get Mourinho to come in as caretaker manager until he starts at Roma next season, just to kick some arses and piss a few players off.

i think hecky should put him in the team for the burnley game and let our fans let him know exactly what we think about him

I wonder how much of this is his doing, there's likely to be an agent with his hand up Lunny's arse telling him what to do.

He'd been crap ever since he had a few good games, became something of cult fantasy football darling, he and/or agent then saw the £ signs then Sander Berge signed and was shoehorned into the side at his expense. You can see why he might spit his dummy out but at the same time he's lucky he wasn't bombed out altogether when we were promoted based on his lack of impact in the previous 2 seasons we'd had him for.

Biggest thing for me is that Wilder knew perfectly well that Lundstram wanted out, refused to sign his contract but did nothing about signing a replacement. He should have been packed off on a season long loan somewhere, transferred to Burnley (or wherever) or been paid up and released. Mark Duffy's feet barely hit the floor before he was turfed out but not Lundstram for some unknown reason.
Wlder tried to sign Swift didn't he, Swift plays in Lunny's position. I think this will be one of the areas that once Wilder can say stuff, we'll know exactly what happened in terms of midfield recruitment, or lack of. I refuse to believe that Wilder didn't want to sign another midfielder, especially with Freeman going and Besic not signed.

Whilst everyone understandably reviled him for his mercenary actions, it was disappointing to witness him put his own personal wealth and reputation ahead of the club that gave him the opportunity to showcase his talent in the Premier League in the first place. Just for him to then jump ship at the first sign the wheels were coming loose, rather than stay, roll up his sleeves and fight to the bitter end.

I suppose the same could be said about John Lundsram too?

So maybe thats why Wilder continued to pick him...Empathy 🤔

Back
Top Bottom