CONFIRMED Luke Thomas - Season Long Loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’ve been pretty scathing of Larouci so far (think he’s absolutely shite in fact) but this guy looks a huge upgrade.

Wait and see how much better he is but for the foreseeable the shirt should be his. Showed more in that cameo that Larouci has at any point IMO

Larouci just doesn’t seem that bothered about stopping the ball getting into the box, that’s so basic and you can see how much Baldock on the other side and then latterly Thomas were doing everything they could to stop deliveries coming in

I’ve been pretty scathing of Larouci so far (think he’s absolutely shite in fact) but this guy looks a huge upgrade.

Wait and see how much better he is but for the foreseeable the shirt should be his. Showed more in that cameo that Larouci has at any point IMO

Yep, his shirt to lose IMO. Probably made easier by Larouci getting injured.

Think Thomas hadn't played for Leicester yet this season? Imagine he'll be first choice for us once match fit, decent camel today. Wonder if Larouci is better as a winger, he looks ok pushing forward (but needs to work on keeping his shots down!)

Think Thomas hadn't played for Leicester yet this season? Imagine he'll be first choice for us once match fit, decent camel today. Wonder if Larouci is better as a winger, he looks ok pushing forward (but needs to work on keeping his shots down!)
Don't you hate typing? Made me laugh about Thomas bringing his pet camel though

Thomas did well when he came on, need to have a consistent performer on the left.

He was much better than Larouci, I’m not sure if that’s a compliment or not?!

also think Larouci did a few good things today, but he tends to make you a bit nervous.

If Larouci had been Thomas, I don’t think anyone would have said a word about his performance before going off, because he’s Larouci, a percentage have already decided.

Thomas looked the part after coming on, very sensible, everything he did was the right decision.

Had one of our better chances in 2nd half. Volley that was well saved by Pickford and that could have easily crept in on another day.

If Larouci had been Thomas, I don’t think anyone would have said a word about his performance before going off, because he’s Larouci, a percentage have already decided.

Thomas looked the part after coming on, very sensible, everything he did was the right decision.

I don't agree, the left back position has been an issue for a while despite Max Lowe's performances in Championship.

Larouci's decision making is quite poor and he obviously is still learning about what he should be doing. It's his poor decision making in defensive positions that worries me especially at this level. Maybe Hecky can help improve his game but we can't afford to have a left back making mistakes this often.

You can tell how much the team trust him at the moment because very rarely does the ball get pinged out to him on the left when he has acres of space. In the Stuttgart game no one wanted to pass the ball to him at all.

I don't agree, the left back position has been an issue for a while despite Max Lowe's performances in Championship.

Larouci's decision making is quite poor and he obviously is still learning about what he should be doing. It's his poor decision making in defensive positions that worries me especially at this level. Maybe Hecky can help improve his game but we can't afford to have a left back making mistakes this often.

You can tell how much the team trust him at the moment because very rarely does the ball get pinged out to him on the left when he has acres of space. In the Stuttgart game no one wanted to pass the ball to him at all.

And which of those points you make specifically reference his performance yesterday?

T-Blade do you know if there is an option to buy with this loan?
Not getting carried away but he looked tidy.

My main gripe with Larouci is his ability to control a football.

When he has the ball, it doesn't look like he's in control of it at any point.

T-Blade do you know if there is an option to buy with this loan?
Not getting carried away but he looked tidy.

I think he's out of contract next summer and its the player who has the option of a year. Surely if we're interested (and we're in the PL still) he would likely sign for us on a free. Although, if Leicester go up, and we go down I would suspect he will trigger that extra year.

a bit early to judge him but he looks like he could solve our problem at lwb also liked his interview when he joined very down to earth lad and talked very positive

No there isn’t mate. I wouldn’t be surprised if we tried to make it permanent in January if he’s doing well though.

A benefit of doing this is that he’d be around next season should we go down, and is one less position needed in the inevitable rebuild.

Look composed, athletic and experienced when he came on - surely ahead of Larouci now?

I couldn't fathom PH's thoughts on this position over the summer. It needed him to bring in someone who was going to be a solid decent signing for the position to strengthen that left hand side. It's been a weakness of ours for far too long now and it never seemed to get the attention it needed. When Enda moved on I thought certain we would bring in someone with a degree of experience down there ( I liked the look of Giles who ended up going to Luton) but we brought in a pup from French football who whilst a work in progress with potential is way off the mark atm. Larouchi will be become a decent player given time to learn his role and positional play but we needed a player there now. I can only assume they rated Lowe more than most of us on here do (he is never going to be good enough) and when he got injured (don't wish that on him but maybe a blessing in disguise whilst the window was still open) and then Osborn, it forced their hands to move for LT. Liked what I've seen of LT so far. Young, still learning but definitely an upgrade on Larouchi as it stands. Odd though that this wasn't seen as a priority position to strengthen in the summer until it was almost too late.

I couldn't fathom PH's thoughts on this position over the summer. It needed him to bring in someone who was going to be a solid decent signing for the position to strengthen that left hand side. It's been a weakness of ours for far too long now and it never seemed to get the attention it needed. When Enda moved on I thought certain we would bring in someone with a degree of experience down there ( I liked the look of Giles who ended up going to Luton) but we brought in a pup from French football who whilst a work in progress with potential is way off the mark atm. Larouchi will be become a decent player given time to learn his role and positional play but we needed a player there now. I can only assume they rated Lowe more than most of us on here do (he is never going to be good enough) and when he got injured (don't wish that on him but maybe a blessing in disguise whilst the window was still open) and then Osborn, it forced their hands to move for LT. Liked what I've seen of LT so far. Young, still learning but definitely an upgrade on Larouchi as it stands. Odd though that this wasn't seen as a priority position to strengthen in the summer until it was almost too late.

Our lack of action in the position this summer meant we've had to use one of our Prem loans to resolve it. I'm guessing the budget was as low as feared or lower, and as such didn't want to spend big wages or fee on the position. Ultimately we have done though, as I imagine Thomas's wages weren't cheap.

I wonder if Thomas does well we'll negotiate some deal in January. Would be good to have a long term solution there, and takes away one less headache next summer.

a bit early to judge him but he looks like he could solve our problem at lwb also liked his interview when he joined very down to earth lad and talked very positive
Nice to see someone who actually wants to play football rather than sit on his arse collecting good money for doing nowt.

Back
Top Bottom