Luke Freeman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He has always been a very good player.

Was one I really wanted us to bring in this summer (also McBurnie and Robinson) as he is clearly good enough to step up another level from the championship.

I read on here, some posters saying that Jota is a better player... I couldn't disagree more. Freeman is a far superior player to Jota, so I'm glad that if it was a choice between the two, we ended up with the right one.

I’ve always been a fan of his since he tore us a new one for Stevenage.

He looked comfortable on the ball yesterday too. He will be a good addition and long term Duffy replacement.

I wish he got the ball in a little earlier yesterday when we had a lot of possession down the left hand side of their box late on with Fleck and Stevens. I just had a feeling that we were one quality cross away from nicking a winner.

He looked comfortable on the ball yesterday too. He will be a good addition and long term Duffy replacement.

I wish he got the ball in a little earlier yesterday when we had a lot of possession down the left hand side of their box late on with Fleck and Stevens. I just had a feeling that we were one quality cross away from nicking a winner.

Agree with you mate & ditto always liked the lad , good creative player who will a big asset to us , I think he can play the Fleck roll to if needed

Have to say I wasn’t exactly creaming myself when we signed him but after watching the 4 pre season games in this country and what’s happened with Duffy I’m more than happy to be wrong :)

He was excellent but like ben said could have got the ball in a bit quicker and got caught a few times. Nice flick for the free kick aswell.

Agreed .

There was one spell towards the end of the game when both Fleck and Steven's were creating the angles to open them up and Freeman looked hesitant . If roles were reversed and Duffy had been Freeman we'd have probably opened them up and we'd have been in behind them . The big difference of course is the fact that Duffy had played in this system for 3 years, Freemans had less than 3 months !

Freeman will be very good for us this season and I wouldn't be surprised to see him start next week.as we revert to a more traditional/tuftyball formation at home .

Anyone else noticed Freemans crossing ability ? He seems to land his crosses on one of our players heads with unerring accuracy .

Great player, between then him Robinson [and maybe Morrison] are going to cause chaos for opposition defences this season.

My QPR supporting mate said the only negative he ever had about Freeman was that he held on to the ball a second too long or took 1 or 2 touches too many. Saw a hint of it yesterday, but all in all a very exciting player.

Freeman has been then obvious Duffy upgrade / replacement for 2 years. Glad we have him.. let’s hope we use him.

My QPR supporting mate said the only negative he ever had about Freeman was that he held on to the ball a second too long or took 1 or 2 touches too many. Saw a hint of it yesterday, but all in all a very exciting player.

This is where the quality of coaching should prove critical. If LF has any bad habits you can rest assured that Knill will have a word and improve the player.

This is where the quality of coaching should prove critical. If LF has any bad habits you can rest assured that Knill will have a word and improve the player.

Hopefully just sharpen his decision making by a fraction. He's got the skill, maybe just needs a little bit of confidence and a bit of freedom, which I think he'll get with us.

I feel really fortunate, in that we've gone about our business in exactly the way I would've wanted us to this summer.

Buying the best from the championship, who've been bang in form but whom are still hungry to prove themselves. Freeman, Robinson and McBurnie were my favourite 3.

Briefly touched on this with Pinchy, but seen as this is a dedicated thread to the man - what do people think about the option of Freeman replacing Fleck? With McGoldrick occupying the Duffy role, allowing us to pick 2 of our other 4 strikers (Sharp, Mousset, Robinson & McBurnie) ...

Does he have the required attributes?

Briefly touched on this with Pinchy, but seen as this is a dedicated thread to the man - what do people think about the option of Freeman replacing Fleck? With McGoldrick occupying the Duffy role, allowing us to pick 2 of our other 4 strikers (Sharp, Mousset, Robinson & McBurnie) ...

No need. He’ll be lethal in the advanced role, leave him there. Fleck is perfect for his current role, no need to swap and change things there.

I personally think that leaves us way too light in the tackle with Norwood and Freeman.

Man City use Bernardo Silva deep sometimes but that’s usually with Fernandinho at the side of him.

He’s spent his whole career playing as an attacking midfielder to then ask him to move deeper and play CM just seems a bit of a waste.

Yes he look very good when he came on , and we have Osborn too exciting times at the Lane , and there's one man responsible for it -

Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder salutes Sharp strike.

He was excellent but like ben said could have got the ball in a bit quicker and got caught a few times. Nice flick for the free kick aswell.

That's noise and nonsense, haven't you heard?
Pinchy says so, ad infifuckingnitum.

Back
Top Bottom