Roy's View From... Loan Updates

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

Re: Maguire comment, he started today and wasn't overly effective

I saw that after I posted actually. Think he only got a game due to it being the FA Trophy. It's easy to see our lads do brilliantly at U23s and think they are going to be top level players but in reality most will struggle to get a career in league football. It's really difficult to become a professional

No Evans at Stevenage is not picking him.
Don't know what the loan terms are but if it's not a full season surely he'll be sent somewhere else. He did well at Barrow and we can't afford him to be sat on tje bench all season, especially at a tin pot club with a dinosaur manager( irrespective of how well the team are doing)

Sounds like we have some belters in that academy 🤣🤣

The National League North/South loans were really effective and positive a few years ago. The majority of those comments indicate players being sent out to too high a standard (same with Seriki last season)

I think some people over expect success rates from the academy. In the last 10+ dlc, walker, Maguire are the full academy players we have had that made it in the league we want to be in
A few others have established themselves in the championship but we are talking a handful of players since 2009 there.

If we get one player every 2 years who can make it that would be incredible.

how many of these academy players are ever going to ger near the first team? Just get rid
In the last couple of years:
Amissah, Seriki, Gordon, Lopata, Buyabu, Brunt, Arblaster, Brooks, Hackford, Ndiaye, Jebbison, Osula and One, plus we got big fees for Lankshear and Midwood.
Are you sure you’ve not got us mixed up with another football club?

In the last couple of years:
Amissah, Seriki, Gordon, Lopata, Buyabu, Brunt, Arblaster, Brooks, Hackford, Ndiaye, Jebbison, Osula and One, plus we got big fees for Lankshear and Midwood.
Are you sure you’ve not got us mixed up with another football club?
While time is on their side only Ndayie, and to a lesser degree jebbo and Osula have done anything for us significantly

In the last 10+ dlc, walker, Maguire are the full academy players we have had that made it in the league we want to be in
A few others have established themselves in the championship but we are talking a handful of players since 2009 there.

If we get one player every 2 years who can make it that would be incredible.
Naughton, Lowton, Brooks and Ramsdale?

Naughton, Lawton, Brooks and Ramsdale?
And the Kyle's and Lowton fair enough but even those three are basically the age players are winding down showing how long ago it was! Brooks and Ramsdale were brought in, and in Ramsdales case twice! 7/8 players since 2009 when the Kyle's made it is good for a lot of clubs but still shows its not a easy thing!

We went to Spenneymoor Town v Mickleover Sports yesterday as my son is at Durham Uni.
Mickleover had two Blades Academy graduates playing. Best player on the pitch was Oli Greaves who scored twice, played on the wing, tricky and quick. A friend who supports Barrow was saying when he was on loan there looked a good prospect, she was surprised he hadn't done more in the game at this point.

We went to Spenneymoor Town v Mickleover Sports yesterday as my son is at Durham Uni.
Mickleover had two Blades Academy graduates playing. Best player on the pitch was Oli Greaves who scored twice, played on the wing, tricky and quick. A friend who supports Barrow was saying when he was on loan there looked a good prospect, she was surprised he hadn't done more in the game at this point.
Greaves looked a good prospect but unfortunately injuries really seem to knock back some youngsters.

Greaves looked a good prospect but unfortunately injuries really seem to knock back some youngsters.
We seem to get quite a lot of long term injuries through key development years. Greaves, Hackford and Potter are three off the top of my head that had up to or more than a year out and I seem to think we’ve had others that are slipping my mind.

Wonder if that is par for the course as they are developing physically or whether the sniper also target the juniors.

Arblaster on the other hand. I know a few Vale fans. They think he’s the best player they’ve had in years.

The old Central League would develop these youngsters far better than loans

Wouldn't be surprised to see Arblaster back here in January. Whether that's the best thing for his development is another matter but have a feeling we'll try and make use of him.

We seem to get quite a lot of long term injuries through key development years. Greaves, Hackford and Potter are three off the top of my head that had up to or more than a year out and I seem to think we’ve had others that are slipping my mind.

Wonder if that is par for the course as they are developing physically or whether the sniper also target the juniors.
Diego is perhaps the biggest one, though Brewster’s injury at Liverpool has held him back.

Back
Top Bottom