Line Up vs Birmingum

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wow
73 posts in and no mention of Billy Sharp.
He may not be a regular starter but I’d be amazed if he doesn’t play a significant part this season. Even at 35 he will still be more than capable of doing the business in this division.

Billy will play an important role off the bench but I hope Brewster, Didzy, McBurnie etc have their shooting boots on.

the interest were showing in viera suggests to me we may play 4 at the back with him sat in front of em might even be 4141 like leeds play

I just don't get all the people on here thinking LCB is our biggest position of need. Robinson is more than good enough and was one of our better players at the end of last season. OK he's no world beater but who is in that position in the Championship?
He's really not

Just published this. Let me know what you think to my team at the end.

Just published this. Let me know what you think to my team at the end.

Robinson isn't a proper central defender, relying on him in a back four is a big ask.

Brewster as the wide forward offers even less than he does through the middle, unless he manages to reinvent himself as a Rashford type who is hopeless through the middle, and only scores when he cuts inside from the edge of the box.

Regardless of defenders, attackers or formations, how the midfield three performs will determine how good the team is. If Fleck puts in the same amount of effort as last season we'll get destroyed down the left same as last year, and with a back four rather than a three, if the midfield doesn't dominate, any bog-standard 4-4-2 side will just double up out wide and muder us with only Egan in the middle capable of heading a ball.

From the highlights of Birmingham at Northampton,it seems Bowyer is trying to implement a new style,shorter game,getting the ball out wide and plenty of crosses to their CF.
The commentator later in the game referred to going back to the old Birmingham,presumably going long,so high pressing them and disrupting this new style before they get used to it will be our way to go,although Boater will no doubt expect it and have a plan B.
Stopping their wide men bombing on and getting in crosses should be another part of our game plan,they have half decent delivery from crosses and dead balls,Bela in particular,and also Sanchez,so our centre backs have to watch out and Rammers can help out by getting out to any crosses that do come in.
All in all,it's just the basics of football while imposing our game on them,we should have too much for them.

Robinson isn't a proper central defender, relying on him in a back four is a big ask.

Brewster as the wide forward offers even less than he does through the middle, unless he manages to reinvent himself as a Rashford type who is hopeless through the middle, and only scores when he cuts inside from the edge of the box.

Regardless of defenders, attackers or formations, how the midfield three performs will determine how good the team is. If Fleck puts in the same amount of effort as last season we'll get destroyed down the left same as last year, and with a back four rather than a three, if the midfield doesn't dominate, any bog-standard 4-4-2 side will just double up out wide and muder us with only Egan in the middle capable of heading a ball.
ben davies might be in before saturday 🤔

Ramsdale
Bash - Egan - Robinson
Bogle - Berge - Fleck - RND
Didzy - Jebbison - Moose

Expecting no Sharpe and mcburnie

Subs bench : Stevens, Norwood, Osborn, Burke, verrips, Baldock, Brewster, Freeman, CB?,

Back
Top Bottom