Line Up vs Birmingum

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Basham in a centre back pair is hideous unless it’s part of a team that just sits back camped in its box (which he won’t be). Every time I’ve seen him in a centre back pair that pushes up he is absolutely allover the place.

Wouldn’t want to see it in a million years

Looks like we may be playing a 4-3-3 with a lot more possession based football

Rammers

Bogle---Egan---Bash----Osborne

Berge---Norwood---Fleck

Didz

Moose ---- Mcburnie

For me that team wins the league or is very close if if if we keep Berge

You could change a lot of the players and we wouldn't lose too much quality we've got that much strength in
With what we currently have:

Ramsdale
Baldock. Egan. Robinson. RND
Berge. Norwood. Fleck
Mcgoldrick
Mousset. Jebbison

Need to bring in a couple of centre backs, other than that we look to have a very good team and squad for the championship
Almost Brewster would blossom in that 4312

The thing is with the new manager unlike last season even though we have the same squad I don’t think anyone can name more than 6 players who are certain to play v Birmingham

I hope Brewster starts against Brum. he has not played in front of fans at Bramall Lane yet.
I am certain with over 20,000 in the ground chanting his name that will spur him on.
He scores early doors his confidence will be sky-high. then he will score loads for us.
If he dunt i will look stupid and have egg all over my face.

I think the starting lineup we used against Donny will be more or less what we go with against Birmingham.

We'll play 3 up top Moose Burke and Didzy. Regardless of their ability, Joka wants pace at the top of the pitch which Burke and Moose gives him.

Yes. Ben Davies? What do we actually know about him? Picked from relative obscurity at Preston and hardly ever used by Liverpool. I'm not saying he's a poor player but if we're saying he's a talent because Liverpool signed him then watch this space. Woodburn and Brewster should set the alarm bells ringing. We need to be looking to replace Basham long term but for me, along with Mcgoldrick, he's the first name on the team sheet.

McGoldrick Brewster Mousset
Fleck Norwood Berge
Osborn Robinson Egan Baldock
Ramsdale

we really need a new LCB. The lack of height between Osborn and Robinson is a worry.

If we can get one LCB, a backup RCM and a winger, I think we are good to go.

McGoldrick Brewster Mousset
Fleck Norwood Berge
Osborn Robinson Egan Baldock
Ramsdale

we really need a new LCB. The lack of height between Osborn and Robinson is a worry.

If we can get one LCB, a backup RCM and a winger, I think we are good to go.
100% agree. I worry about Bash in a two, I can see him coming on for Norwood in most games and being our break up guy should we be winning (like he played vs Pigs 4-2 game / Leeds away 1-0)

A better version of Robinson is needed asap and hopefully that's one of the signings Slav's referring to.

I did say "if Davies comes". You'll lose his runs even more if he isn't playing at all!
He did actually make a run or two yesterday from the left side against (admittedly) a poor Donny side.
I wouldn't drop Bash at all at the moment but if Davies come in it could change us drastically. Is he a defender that likes to get forward?
utb
Happy to be proven wrong but I can’t recall him down the left at all at Donny. Our left as we looked at it but from memory he was always on the right and in a three.

Screenshot_20210730-124751_Chrome.jpg
assuming we go with what we've got then this is my pick. possibly swapping McB for Brewster. I personally think McB is so much better coming in off the left wing, whether it be for us, Swansea or Barno he's always looked much more dangerous in that role.

View attachment 117796
assuming we go with what we've got then this is my pick. possibly swapping McB for Brewster. I personally think McB is so much better coming in off the left wing, whether it be for us, Swansea or Barno he's always looked much more dangerous in that role.
McB won't be starting just coming back from injury and with no preseason match fitness

I reckon Tool McGool is not far off there, but I reckon Didzy will play behind a front 2 of Jebbison and Moose.

I reckon Tool McGool is not far off there, but I reckon Didzy will play behind a front 2 of Jebbison and Moose.
We have no idea what's going on and the formation in training, but I will be amazed if Brewster starts in front of Burke, purely on the basis that, I would have thought it would have been tried during the pre season games, Donny especially

TBF we do look to have a very strong squad for this division with lots of cover and options .... be ace to get Ben Davies in but holding onto Berge and Ramsdale would be awesome transfer business........ if we go up, which I think we will at a canter ... these 2 (plus Egan) are the players we need to survive ... and hopefully having Moose, McB and Brewster banging in 50 between them will mean we only need an additional top striker

It's strong in terms of how our individual players compare to opposite numbers in other teams, but as a squad it's unbalanced imo.

You are right that we need another CB, but we also have too many strikers and not enough flair or creativity to create for them.

It's strong in terms of how our individual players compare to opposite numbers in other teams, but as a squad it's unbalanced imo.

You are right that we need another CB, but we also have too many strikers and not enough flair or creativity to create for them.

Agree 100%

think the tools are there for us to be successful especially if we can keep our star players.

But the squad needs a rebalancing - shift out a couple of left backs and strikers. Bring in some centre backs and creativity and we’ll look strong.

feel like we need to use the loan system wisely. The top sides always have a couple of players far to good for this level that would improve any side they join. We should be in for those types.

why do posters on here keep saying the same thing about basham not being suited in a back 4 of course he wont be a centre back in a back 4 hes either rwb in a back 3 or hes the holding midfielder slav wont even consider it in any case it will be either egan with robinson or davies if we sign him would love us to go 433

Formations used so far:

3-4-3
4-3-3
3-5-2

But it's been very fluent so far, especially first half at Doncaster. At times it looked like 4-4-2.

Some observations:

• Less slow passing down each flank
  • More emphasis on transitions, i.e. going forward quickly if we win the ball in good areas
  • Less overlapping from the wide centre backs when we've played three at the back.
  • Fleck's appeard more to the right than to the left. When we had the ball he tried to take up more advanced positions in attacking midfield. When they had the ball he dropped down to RCM alongside Norwood and Berge.
  • Berge played with freedom, but made more forward runs on the ball, not as many off the ball.
  • Norwood was still the deeper of the midfielders, but Berge also came deep to pick up the ball from the defenders.
  • Mousset looks like first choice central striker
  • McGoldrick played LCM 2nd half at Doncaster

A bit more on our attacking play:

On this occasion Egan found Fleck with a clever pass. Fleck turned and ran into space behind their midfield and defence. With two quick players in Mousset and Burke we want to get in behind teams more often. So Fleck will look to get into this space from a deeper position. McGoldrick will often be further forward from a left sided forward position, but will look to drop deep to also pick up the ball in these areas. What is new about this is that we've singled out Fleck and McGoldrick as creative outlets and given them (respectively) the right and left hand side to operate in.

1627728523668.pngAs mentioned we want our attacking play to be fluent and varied, so we didn't do this all the time. Most players roamed around on occasions. It will be interesting to see how we gel when the season starts, but I've been encouraged by what I've seen so far.

Brum lost 4-0 at home to WBA today in a friendly…… attack , attack , attack !!

What I'd like to see, not what I think I'll see...

--------------Ramsdale------------

--Baldock---Egan---????---RND--

----------------Berge--------------

------Bogle-------------Fleck------

----------------Didzy---------------

-------Mousset------Brewster-----

Or maybe...

------------Ramsdale-----------

--Baldock---Egan---????---RND--

-------Berge-------Fleck-------

--Mousett-----Didzy-----Burke--

-------------Brewster----------

Main problem - LCB

Back
Top Bottom