Line Up vs Birmingum

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FallowfieldBlade

The Names Blade Fallowfield Blade
Reaction score
Looks like we may be playing a 4-3-3 with a lot more possession based football

Rammers

Bogle---Egan---Bash----Osborne

Berge---Norwood---Fleck

Didz

Moose ---- Mcburnie

For me that team wins the league or is very close if if if we keep Berge

You could change a lot of the players and we wouldn't lose too much quality we've got that much strength in depth

What is a gathering of apologists referred to as ?

Asking for a pal 😀

UTB

p.s. if it’s chavvy grout heads………….

Would like to see:

Ramsdale
Baldock Egan Bash RND
Norwood
Berge Fleck
Didz
Moose McBurnie

If Ben Davies or similar does come in then replaces Basham. Options at left back as well, could go for Stevens depending on fitness.

Looks like we may be playing a 4-3-3 with a lot more possession based football

Rammers

Bogle---Egan---Bash----Osborne

Berge---Norwood---Fleck

Didz

Moose ---- Mcburnie

For me that team wins the league or is very close if if if we keep Berge

You could change a lot of the players and we wouldn't lose too much quality we've got that much strength in depth
I like this and I like it a lot ... I just want to see Brewster getting first digs as I really believe he could be a 25 goal machine this season ... he just needs the 1 and he will be off and running (but I appreciate I have said this for 12 months now)

Would like to see:

Ramsdale
Baldock Egan Bash RND
Norwood
Berge Fleck
Didz
Moose McBurnie

If Ben Davies or similar does come in then replaces Basham. Options at left back as well, could go for Stevens depending on fitness.
TBF we do look to have a very strong squad for this division with lots of cover and options .... be ace to get Ben Davies in but holding onto Berge and Ramsdale would be awesome transfer business........ if we go up, which I think we will at a canter ... these 2 (plus Egan) are the players we need to survive ... and hopefully having Moose, McB and Brewster banging in 50 between them will mean we only need an additional top striker

Stevens is behind McB and Billy regards returning to training, apparently RND's name was not mentioned after the Donny game, so no idea if he is injured or covid?

Ramsdale
Bash Egan Robinson
Baldock Berge Norwood Osborn
Didsy
Jebbison Moose

If Davies comes in, he can have Robinson's place, and Bash can move over to left CB.
Brewster to come on second half with Brunt taking Norwood's place, hopefully.
McBurnie, hopefully in a Swansea (or any other) shirt by then. He can take Burke with him, too. Both hopeless.
utb

Ramsdale
Bash Egan Robinson
Baldock Berge Norwood Osborn
Didsy
Jebbison Moose

If Davies comes in, he can have Robinson's place, and Bash can move over to left CB.
Brewster to come on second half with Brunt taking Norwood's place, hopefully.
McBurnie, hopefully in a Swansea (or any other) shirt by then. He can take Burke with him, too. Both hopeless.
utb
Why would you move Bash to left CB, your losing his forward runs

We've not played with a number 10 so far so doubt it'll be that. Didsy has played left wing in both games so far, Burke started right wing yesterday.

I like this and I like it a lot ... I just want to see Brewster getting first digs as I really believe he could be a 25 goal machine this season ... he just needs the 1 and he will be off and running (but I appreciate I have said this for 12 months now)

No I agree id rather brewster ahead of mousset though Brewster will definitely get his shot even if he doesn't start

Genuinely believe Brewster will be our main man he shows spurts of what he can do he just needs that first scruffy goal to go in and get the chances then he will fire

No I agree id rather brewster ahead of mousset though Brewster will definitely get his shot even if he doesn't start

Genuinely believe Brewster will be our main man he shows spurts of what he can do he just needs that first scruffy goal to go in and get the chances then he will fire
Slav, likes to keep the opposition guessing systems etc but if Brewster was his main centre forward, I would have expected him to have started games, in front of Mousse or Burke

Why would you move Bash to left CB, your losing his forward runs
I did say "if Davies comes". You'll lose his runs even more if he isn't playing at all!
He did actually make a run or two yesterday from the left side against (admittedly) a poor Donny side.
I wouldn't drop Bash at all at the moment but if Davies come in it could change us drastically. Is he a defender that likes to get forward?
utb

I did say "if Davies comes". You'll lose his runs even more if he isn't playing at all!
He did actually make a run or two yesterday from the left side against (admittedly) a poor Donny side.
I wouldn't drop Bash at all at the moment but if Davies come in it could change us drastically. Is he a defender that likes to get forward?
utb
Didnt see the game last night, read a couple of reviews, as for Bash didn't he replace Berge, if so was there a switch to a back 3?

This is all highlighting the need for centreback reinforcements.

we look light in a 3 but at least Robinson and Bash can play there - maybe rnd or stevens as other options (but don’t think you want that for 30+ games)

Neither are suited to a 2 at this level which leaves us with only Egan there. And absolutely no cover for when he gets himself sent off.

We need 2 CBs for me. 1 starter and one decent option as cover for injury and suspensions.

We played with a back four for one half of a pre-season friendly. I wouldn't necessarily draw any conclusions about our tactics against Birmingham from that. Plus, it looked like 4-4-2 more than 4-3-3.

I would like to see Norwood replaced. I said before the beginning of last season that if we continued with him has our pivot we would struggle, I still think this is the case. He's a bad first touch away from dropping a bollock everytime he gets the ball. He nearly always plays the wrong ball.

Back
Top Bottom