Gone Elsewhere Lewis O'Brien

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

From the pig end

Reaction score
21year old midfielder from Huddersfield.
Had a loan spell at Bradford if that helps anyone. I've just seen a short highlight of him and he seems extremely brave on the ball, has good feet and isn't afraid to run with the ball and carry it into the oppositions box.

Scored the goal of the month in January (apparently) and a few Huddersfield fans on Twitter REALLY don't want us to come sniffing, for what that's worth.

Shit, sorry.
Only just seen the other thread.
I'm sure I searched first as well.

goes back under rock

He was outstanding when they beat West Brom at the end of the season. Played as a no.10 then switched to midfield.

Be a great signing! Looks a good little player bits I saw last season. Perhaps sign and loan back out to Hudders! If there’s any truth in the source👍🏻

Think I don't get is the fee. Champ midfielder and straight in there with 7m.

We discuss Lunny, who just had a.mlre than passable season in the Prem and it's 4m for some!

I know he has a year left, but it's a year not 6 months. We really should do a better job talking our players up!⚔️

Think I don't get is the fee. Champ midfielder and straight in there with 7m.

We discuss Lunny, who just had a.mlre than passable season in the Prem and it's 4m for some!

I know he has a year left, but it's a year not 6 months. We really should do a better job talking our players up!⚔

Perhaps we should, but that year left is unavoidable. Couple if with our eagerness to sell and while I don't think he'll go for 4m, I don't think it will be as high as 7m either.

Leeds have ended interest in him, likely they wanted him as a squad player. Would be very happy if we swooped in for him, as unlikely as that is

Leeds have ended interest in him, likely they wanted him as a squad player. Would be very happy if we swooped in for him, as unlikely as that is

Unless we are already well advanced it is probably too late for this window

Leeds wouldn’t go to the c10m they wanted.

absolutely nothing we have seen this season transfer wise suggests we have even 5% of that knocking around to make signings with

Our board wouldn't have the common sense to even look at a kid like him.

I'd be making him our number one target, or a must have. Trouble is, I can see Forest taking the piss with their asking price - with any sale of any player, but also because it's us.

Does that mean that without the Sander money we can’t bid for O’Brien and Akpom?

So, bad as it perhaps is right now, if we end up in the very near future with a midfield three of Slimane-Vicinius-O’Brien behind a front two of Akpom and McBurnie and with two loans to come, are we that worse off?
Flip a coin and see. There's a lot of unknowns there.

So, bad as it perhaps is right now, if we end up in the very near future with a midfield three of Slimane-Vicinius-O’Brien behind a front two of Akpom and McBurnie and with two loans to come, are we that worse off?
Yeah that's pretty poor

Happy with that in the championship. Prem though? 🤷‍♂️ let's see if we get to find out

Yes, because Ndiaye. I'm less bothered about losing Sander, but the timing couldn't be worse and it sends out a terrible message.

Compared to?

Yes, because Ndiaye. I'm less bothered about losing Sander, but the timing couldn't be worse and it sends out a terrible message.

Not sure there is ever a good timing. Selling early in the window is ideal but West Ham have just done that and can't seem to be spend the Declan Rice money.

I think on balance (even with VJ and Slimane being untested in the EPL), that team is better than the one we had with Ndiaye and Berge. BUT, and this is a significant BUT, it's also lacking Doyle and McAtee from last season. So it's weaker from then.

Yes.

Berge, McAtee and Doyle are better.

Slimane should be viewed as a development player. If he contributes positively this season, it's an absolute bonus. Not an expectation.

Hamer, Souza and Palmer would be getting towards something interesting.

Yes.

Berge, McAtee and Doyle are better.

Slimane should be viewed as a development player. If he contributes positively this season, it's an absolute bonus. Not an expectation.

Hamer, Souza and Palmer would be getting towards something interesting.
But McAtee and Doyle are not our players and we can’t have them both back realistically anyway.

I’m referring more to how we were facing the season right now. I don’t think swapping out Berge to bring in O’Brien and the Brazilian lad and potentially the Chelsea lad or a Man City lad makes us less well equipped than retaining Berge, who will probably be a bit of a luxury at this level for us.

Back
Top Bottom