Lewis O’brien

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Exactly Retford, we supposedly had a 20m budget, got around 20m for Ndiaye and if we get 12m for Berge that's approx 50m. We haven't spent more than 10m yet so thst leaves 40m.

I think things could turn ugly pretty quickly if we don't spend this money on new players
I mean only positive explanation is that some other money is tied up for transfers/loans we don't know about

Wages, agents fees etc.

Well that's as maybe, but we have just been promoted to the PL with an income of £120m this season (yes I know about the well discussed outgoings) and then sold our best player for £19m. We have spent about £10m so far. We should not be having to sell another player for around £12m plus to finance a couple of players for around £20m.

Midfield
O'Brien (Osborn / Fleck)
Souza (Norwood)
Hamer (Slimane)

Second Striker
Akpom (Traore)

CF
McBurnie (Jebbison / Osula).

Still whiffs of relegation but it would be a good start and provide a platform for next season as a minimum.
Also, still leaves the two domestic loan spots open where I'd target a quality CF (Archer) and an AM (Palmer, McAtee, Chukwuemeka etc..)

Need to make some of these moves quickly to avoid players dismissing the chance of coming here.

Do I trust the Prince to make it happen though?
No.

We probably need to relent on our absolute insistence on the relegation wage drops

Just insert reasonable release clauses instead

And if we don't or can't sell them in this event..... well, just accept that you have an excellent player for the championship, accept the expense, sell the odd player to help pay for it and maybe run a smaller squad

Paying the odd player a big wage in the championship isn't ruinous. I'd just draw the line at anything above 50k p/w
I give you exhibit no 1 Rhian Brewster

Back
Top Bottom