Let's get our act together about seating or standing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ah... The sitting/standing debacle at Notts County

Me to lad in front: excuse me, can you sit down please so the chap behind us can see please?
Lad in front: fuck off
Me: Oi you ignorant little shit, some people are less able than the rest of us, will you sit down please?
LIF: why the fuck would I want to sit down?
Me: because you've paid for a seat like the rest of us
LIF: why don't you fucking sit down the fucking front?
Me: because our tickets are for here & if you haven't noticed it's rather full, now will you please sit down!!

(If you are the lad in front, then you're one of the rudest, selfish little gits I've come across in a long time).

Needless to say, he & his mates sat down, but continued to protest. I get why some want to stand, really I do, but please take into account that:
A) some don't want to
B) some of us are only about 5ft tall so even if everyone stood up we can see sod all so would rather sit
C) many fans are older and/or illnesses/disabilities that mean they can't stand for a prolonged time. It's enough effort walking from the coach to the ground and up the stairs to seats!

As we don't get a choice of away seating what more can we do? I'd happily vote for a front/back ticket choice. I'm pretty confident that LIF & mates weren't supposed to be sat where we were, it was a little crowded after they arrived....

When there is standing areas, who will get a ticket for the seats & still stand?!

Shame that Samantha. Much as I'm an advocate of choice and would always choose to stand I'd never block anyone's view, that's very selfish. On Saturday I sat for the first half (kop)as everyone round me was sitting. Second half walked to the back found a place that was unoccupied and stood along with everyone round me.

Away matches are different and if I have to sit I would.

At the second leg Spurs match their fans were fantastic and created a great atmosphere. I'm pretty sure they were all standing, (shame for those sitting I know). If they'd all been seated atmosphere would be nowhere near as good as it was.

In the back few rows its acceptable to stand (like on the kop for instance) I'd suggest getting seats nearer to the front mate.

In the back few rows its acceptable to stand (like on the kop for instance) I'd suggest getting seats nearer to the front mate.
I get what you're saying regarding this, but maybe people don't want to buy a seat near the front where the views are generally shite. I don't mind standing myself and my lad prefers to stand even though he's only 9, but i don't really know what the best thing to do is that can make it a level playing field, as i say, those who want to sit shouldn't be tarnished with a crap view down near the bottom.

can/will the club be trialing a standing area ? i really think it needs looking at.seems like most posters on here want it

Isn't it "illegal" to have standing areas in the top two divisions?

Are you suggest we rip a set of seats out and then have to put them back when we are promoted? If that's the case I suggest the answer to your question would be NO. I doubt the club would do anything like that.

Great idea - except at away games you don't get this option. You get a ticket where they put you and that's that. Home games aren't really an issue - if you want to stand you go to the back of the Kop. Simples.

My season ticket seat is 9 rows back in the SS - I love the view. Closer isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I find it better than being high up and struggling to see who's on the ball etc.

Back
Top Bottom