Lets be honest....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's on MGW for me. Ridiculous dive when you're on a yellow. Needs fining. It's not the first time either, something he needs to eradicate from his game. As others have said we started too slowly instead of putting them on the back foot. Poor from Slav changing the team unnecessarily but at least he realised he'd dropped a bollock and did something about it.

Where just not a very good team however you want to dress it up its a good job this league is poor otherwise we would be royally in the shit. I can't see us finishing anywhere above 10th.

Not saying that's the answer but depends on the board's budget, will they keep backing the Manager?

If not Hecky got more wins than Wilder did in a handful of games in 2020/21.

That's a fact.
Heckingbottom got 3 1-0 wins.
Wilder had 4 wins. Wilder had alot more games mind you though.

I like hecky, and he came in and did his best. He's not a patch on what Wilder was for us though. His legacy for many is tarnished by last season.
Until then though his record was absolutely excellent in 200 games or so.
You can't compare heckingbottoms 10 games to wilders 5 seasons.

I don't think we're far off being a force too. Been a bit unlucky of late with Bournemouth and Millwall ref decisions which have impacted each game massively.

Heckingbottom got 3 1-0 wins.
Wilder had 4 wins. Wilder had alot more games mind you though.

I like hecky, and he came in and did his best. He's not a patch on what Wilder was for us though. His legacy for many is tarnished by last season.
Until then though his record was absolutely excellent in 200 games or so.
You can't compare heckingbottoms 10 games to wilders 5 seasons.

I agree over the 5 years, but Wilder had a mental implosion where he just wanted to get out.

Hecky showed some pride and guts and didn't do too bad by making a few tweaks to the system.

Until he brought Ndiaye on we were terrible. However, Millwall hardly caused us major issue.

The substitution changed the emphasis of the game and a draw was probably fair at half time (even if they gave us a penalty with a studpid decision).

We were the better team second half until the sending off (which I think might be soft but I think he dived so stupid) Even at 10 men we were better than the first half. They seemed uninterested in going for the win until late on and we could easily have taken the lead.

A night to forget really.
I'd like to see the second yellow again, but seemed harsh. What is not in doubt was Savilles trip on Fleck when he went clear.
Yellow card all day long, which brings it back to 10 v 10

I'd like to see the second yellow again, but seemed harsh. What is not in doubt was Savilles trip on Fleck when he went clear.
Yellow card all day long, which brings it back to 10 v 10
Watched it on SUTV and even Gage couldn't see any contact and he went down quite theatrically. Agree on Saville. A bit harsh maybe but he was giving the ref a proper mouthful after the first yellow which I suspect did for him. In fairness he did pull out of the tackle but could easily have been a yellow.

Watched it on SUTV and even Gage couldn't see any contact and he went down quite theatrically. Agree on Saville. A bit harsh maybe but he was giving the ref a proper mouthful after the first yellow which I suspect did for him. In fairness he did pull out of the tackle but could easily have been a yellow.
99% of the time if a player gets around you and has space to move forward and you slow them down even if you pull out of the tackle after making initial contact it's a yellow all day long.

Like i said in the original post, ref was woeful but shouldn't paper over the cracks on how bad we were first half.

He's our James Milner, loads of times he got back and made key tackles tonight but most of our fans don't notice it
He might be a reasonable like for like replacement for Fleck. But he ain’t no winger. Never beats his defender, gets very few crosses in and always seems to end up down a dead end.

You mean that invisible man they took off.The keeper and the ref cost us today..end of.
Be surprised if Hourahan gets another start (can't understand why we took him on loan) he's less mobile than Norwood and for a midfielder can't put a foot in.
For me he was at his best at Barnsley ,just making up the numbers now ! Doasnt seem interested.
As a team we do put in a shift he doasnt break sweat.
SJ will be disappointed with Olsen!he was caught napping, shocking mistake for an experienced international goalkeeper ! 6ft 6 and Beaten by a simple cross

Ref was fucking dogger think there’s more of a case for VAR in the championship and lower leagues with the standard of officiating. First half we were shocking couldn’t string 2 passes together, Olsen looks no better than Foderingham can’t believe he’s Sweden’s number 1 actually, and McGoldricks brilliant clearance/missed sitter was nearly as bad as Conor Sammons miss. All in all awful evening of football.

What can we expect we have an over rated bench warmer in goal with 231 appearances in 14 years I.e. just over 16 appearances a year not including his Swedish games. Then we are relying on 2 pensioners up front Billy and Diddzy, don't get me wrong great servants to the club, but it's a pity the other younger, over rated and over paid tossers just carnt do the business of goal scoring, that's of course when they are on the pitch. Sick of hearing how wonderful and experienced our squad is they obviously don't even realize that a game of football is 90 minutes long!!!

Back
Top Bottom