Legends at the Lane - SUFC shirt book

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What a brilliant looking book. My lad has taken custody so I will get it back again at some point, hopefully

Well done.

Mine got delivered 10 minutes ago and I am actually blown away with the love that’s gone into this book.

I bought it at a discount and I feel like I’ve robbed someone out of good money.

Gonna cherish this book, absolute quality!

Mines just arrived, very happy after a first quick flick through! Great quality and plenty of content

Hi stringer et al

On page 66 we are introduced to the 90/91 third shirt. Is that the first instance of United have a third shirt used in a single season?

I know there’s a few shirt collectors on the forum so thought this may be of interest …

Legends at the Lane - An independent history of match-worn Sheffield United shirts. Coming 2023 via Sheffield-based publishers Vertical Editions, with a foreword from Brian Deane, Legends will showcase the history of United’s shirts through rare match-worn jerseys and other memorabilia. (Including that one-off white shirt worn at Sunderland in 1991…)

Anyone pre-ordering at the link below before 31/12/22 will have the chance to have their name printed in the book and get their copy signed by the authors, and also get it £5 cheaper than RRP for a limited time. There’ll also be a small free gift for pre-orders too, which is TBC.

Received my copies on Friday, appreciated.
There was a snag however,
One of the GPO's finest, as we were out, placed the box in our brown bin, posting a card through the letter box.
On the card were two words, undecipherable and scribbling in two of the three boxes indicating what I should do, leaving me thinking I would have to pick it up at the GPO on Pond St.
Fortunately, son called last night and deciphered the two words as 'brown bin',
Bloody postman, given his Easter Egg to the dog, sod him, bet he's a 'Fowl'.
Books that good, ordered two more, grandkids ,don't ya just love 'em.

What are ya favorites?

Some are reproductions of the early ones but do love the lumo- original 89-91 and the yellow and brown early 80s away. I know that is a bit of a marmite (colours similar too) to some.

Home kits recently liked the Teletext one but favourites are the Wards avec 95-97, the laces one 92-94 and I quite liked the broad red stripe one too from late 70s.

The early 70s home is a classic of course.

I still like to get my hands on a few of the mid 80s aways originals and maybe even some older ones. With reproductions I think I've got 'a' version of every shirt since my birth in 1978. Some rare ones like the Sunderland white one from 91 I have not got obviously. Some are my sons and a bit small too!

Book just come through the letter box.

Only had a quick flick through but looks superb. Beautifully presented and well written bits I've seen so far.

Great stuff stringer

Love the stories and the prototype stuff is fascinating too.

We did a pod with John Devlin (the guru of kits who has wrote and illustrated lots of books on kits) a few years ago on United shirts. We might have to do an updated version now as lots of new stuff I had no idea about.

Will plug it on Tufty Club later.

Definitely get this book Blades if you have not already.
That’s great; thanks. updated podcast sounds great, let me know if you fancy a chat :)

Yeah just turned up and I am loving what I have read so far. Would thoroughly recommend. Thanks.

Book arrived this week.

Fantastic quality and content. A great buy for any Blade. Great work stringer looking forward to spending time working my way through it all.

I'm finally getting some good reading time. I was nakard other night and read the same paragraph 8 times. Put it down and get to bed. But I'm getting through it. The jade green third shirt, I didn't know the badges were different for player and replica. I got giddy. Could swear blind mine had the shield player version. Got it out only to be disappointed. But what a beauty it is.

The 96 laver one (was it 96?). The other option with the mesh on it.... What on God's earth is that one about? It's awful!!

Very good book highly recommended to anyone who likes their shirts and a few tales. I wasn't expecting a book like that. I was expecting an A5 sized paperback effort. Great job, fantastic stuff.

Tell ya what, I wouldn't mind watching Carl Hopwood for a day. It's a job I'd love although it sounds very very hectic. But I'll put myself here right now as helper, tea boy, owt!! Honestly, I'd love to see it and how much work, just to get a players kit ready, really goes into it.

So if anyone from the club wants to make a poorly man feel a bit better, let me know! ☺️

Page 132 - what on earth were fans thinking picking E over C?

But the keeper kit on 133. 😘

Great option for anyone with Club Cash kicking around that they still need to use before the season’s out.

I'm finally getting some good reading time. I was nakard other night and read the same paragraph 8 times. Put it down and get to bed. But I'm getting through it. The jade green third shirt, I didn't know the badges were different for player and replica. I got giddy. Could swear blind mine had the shield player version. Got it out only to be disappointed. But what a beauty it is.

The 96 laver one (was it 96?). The other option with the mesh on it.... What on God's earth is that one about? It's awful!!

Very good book highly recommended to anyone who likes their shirts and a few tales. I wasn't expecting a book like that. I was expecting an A5 sized paperback effort. Great job, fantastic stuff.

Tell ya what, I wouldn't mind watching Carl Hopwood for a day. It's a job I'd love although it sounds very very hectic. But I'll put myself here right now as helper, tea boy, owt!! Honestly, I'd love to see it and how much work, just to get a players kit ready, really goes into it.

So if anyone from the club wants to make a poorly man feel a bit better, let me know! ☺️
1682001000092.jpeg
This one? Only seen the shield badge on it.

Picked mine up from the delivery office earlier this week, not had a good chance to look at it yet, nice to see one of mine featured in it. I'll hopefully get the chance to lose some time this weekend, and I'm sure big brother will be delighted with his copy when he next comes over from Qatar

Back
Top Bottom