Match Thread Leeds United v. Sheffield United 3rd April 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LEEDS
LEEDS
LEEDS

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1617391128307.png v. 1617391136443.png
EPL Week 30 - Saturday 3rd April 2021 - Elland Road

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/leeds-united-vs-sheffield-united.538/

Officials:

Referee:
Graham Scott
Assistant Referee: Richard West
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Kevin Friend
Video Assistant Referee: Jarred Gillett
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Marc Perry

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 20.21.28.png

Must be the worst middle three performance I've seen at any level in my 54 years of watching football ,how lundstrum is getting a shirt make me want a 3;year ban ,flecks fitness is shocking and Norwood has just gone .

Very disappointed that Heckingbottom hasn't made more changes to the starting line-up. We are for pretty much down now so need to start planning for next season. Lundstram will not be here next season (which shows in his effort levels) and therefore should be making way for a youngster.
The lack of changes to the starting line up makes me question whether Heckingbottom is the right person for the job going forward.

For all the cock sucking leeds arent battering us, yes they've had some good breaks but they arent the the 1970 Brazil side the commentators are making them out to be
They have a midfield that is full of energy, protecting the defence and supporting the forwards. Ours has been absent all season. I think we would have been better off not bothering to attack, as Leeds looked like getting in every time we turned the ball over. The number of times they had 3 against 2 and fucked it up was criminal. A team with more quality up front would have given us an absolute bumming.

Give over we were total utter fucking wank. Again. They are currently a fucking disgrace to the red n white shirt.
I disagree. It was not ‘utter fucking wank’ nor was it a ‘disgrace to the red and white shirt’ but if posting that sort of thing after a defeat makes you feel better then go ahead, knock yourself out.

Unfortunately. Not one of our team would get into their team. Would our team of last year, have given such little effort in a derby match?
How many times did a player lose the ball and bust a gut to get it back, like every Weeds player did? Answer; Osborn did. No one else.
Perhaps I’d we’d been thrashed today it would give an incentive to do something drastic.

Problem is we dwell on the ball and lose it vs. faster tempo and mis placed pass and lose the ball.
True. Our close ball control, throughout the team, is very poor. Even John Fleck when at speed loses control. That makes us slow and instead of releasing quick passes our players dither and get closed down.

Unfortunately. Not one of our team would get into their team. Would our team of last year, have given such little effort in a derby match?
How many times did a player lose the ball and bust a gut to get it back, like every Weeds player did? Answer; Osborn did. No one else.
Perhaps I’d we’d been thrashed today it would give an incentive to do something drastic.
Nope. We got thrashed at Leicester and he did nothing drastic.

this caretaker manager is more of the same.

Same low energy performances
Same tolerance of laziness
Same lack of ideas

I disagree. It was not ‘utter fucking wank’ nor was it a ‘disgrace to the red and white shirt’ but if posting that sort of thing after a defeat makes you feel better then go ahead, knock yourself out.

Thank you. I already did.

And if clutching at straws and saying that shit was acceptable then knock yourself out. Literally.

Nothing in the tank for a few of them. It was noticeable how their forwards harassed our defenders when we had the ball and we let them get to the halfway line before making any serious attempt to close them down.
Roll on 21/22

Least we've gone back from no shots on target or a clue to a slight clue and a few good chances. Kind of -50 level now at -40 level out of 10.

Let's correct something here. They. Are. Not.Kids. They are 19, 20, 21 year olds and theres plenty playing at that age in the premier league.

Nobody is saying fill the team with them but how can Ndiaye do any worse than Lundstram...even if he tried?
And playing in International football...........( Foden etc...) How old was Rooney at Debut ? or Rashford.?.

Poor championship players give a half-arsed performance against a Leeds team which despite being on inconsistent form and not playing very well looked a division above us. They were fitter, stronger, more intelligence, more determined, quicker, more skilful. Another embarrassing afternoon where we should have conceded more than 5 and hardly created anything. If they were on form that would have been a rugby score.

Ramsdale - 8 - Great save from Harrison and almost saved Jag's own goal. Again played well. Very good positioning throughout and made it hard for the opposition. Poor lad, on the losing side week in, week out.
Osborn - 5 - Good for him to get PL goal and deserves something to remember for his determination. He lacks so much quality though. One of our better players first half going forward but gave it away time and again second half and defensively highly suspect in terms of positioning and marking. Players get far too much room against him.
Stevens - 2 - Absolutely shocking. Got caught on the ball for their first and too slow in possession all the time. It's odd, at times he's quite bright in a back three and good at cutting things out but also in the wrong place at the wrong time. That late chase reminded me of Flo being through against Wednesday and being grandad slow and being reeled in by Des Walker. Embarrassing. He looks done to me. No way good enough for the Championship.
Jags - 3 - Awful, awful for the own goal. He saw it all the way. He looks his age but he still has the positioning to make up for it at times. Got pulled around and so far off the pace against quick attacking players.
Baldock - 3 - Accident waiting to happen. What on earth he was doing on their goal I do not know. Lucky not to see yellow or red, but probably the former. In the wrong place at the wrong time again and again until he had to go off. Not his position, so you have to feel for him a bit, but a mix of headless chicken charge out and caught not concentrating.
Bogle - 4 - Look, the kid if good going forward and got in the box and has composure but defensively he's a mess. Doesn't close his man down, poor in the air, positioning is all over the shop. It's no good being good going forward if you're dodgy at the back.
Fleck - 4 - Put some good set pieces in today, also some poor ones. Did a couple of very good things going forward in midfield but his defensive side was pretty awful. Too slow and caught out of position.
Norwood - 3 - I'm not sure what he gives us. His passing isn't that good and was pretty ropey today. Defensively he's non-existent. So slow, can't tackle. A passenger.
Lundstram - 0 - Cunt performance. Jogged around. Jogged back slowly as they slotted in their first. Could have stopped it if he bothered to run. At fault for the second. Constantly giving the ball away. Shit set pieces. One good ball. zero tackles. Can run quicker toward the opposition goal than he can his own goal. Lots of shit look at me flicks to the opposition. Sign of a cunt.
McGoldrick - 3 - Thought he was poor today. Poor at holding the ball up. lacking strength. Looked really slow at times. I think his race is run as a starting player for us. Think he'll be a sub next season. Looks to be struggling to do what he was doing early last season.
McBurnie - 2 - Spends more time trying to kick the opposition than trying to win the ball back. Looks so slow at times and did a few good things but never looks effective. Does the minimum closing people down and has taken to pointing to try and get McGoldrick to do his job for him. Yes, his not very good shot created our goal. He looks poor.

Subs

Ampadu - 5 - Put in one brilliant challenge and looked fairly steady. He did some good things but also looks close to a mistake all the time
Burke - 5 - At least he tried to make something happen. Caused them a few problems
Brewster - 4 - Yeah, sure that shot, but didn't do much apart from that. Control and positioning not really there.
Egan - 6 - Great to see him back and we looked a lot more assured with him there.

I can't remember ever not looking forward to our next match, not even under Adkins. But the games at present just feel like an ordeal.

8 more ordeals to go. I'd be happy for half of them to fuck off permanently in 7 weeks time.

I thought we were shite but in this and the Chelsea game I think we've looked better than we have for a lot of the time this season under Wilder.

This season is pointless though, and I think that's showing in the players. Once we've got something to play for and crowds back in, I think (hope) it'll be a different kettle of fish.

couldnt watch it. as with covering alot of holidays & furlough. despite not contracted to Saturday's ended up doing 5 of the last 6. but it meant listening to Keith edwards ranting. which when we are crap is almost more entertaining than the game

but no way to sugarcoat it we were 2nd best quite alot of that of that. 1st half remind me of the opening 5-6 games. when we would be all over the opposition & confused at how we werent ahead but this time we were on the receiving side. you almost want to be outclassed sometimes its easier to take. because like most of the season the goals were avoidable as we have been own worst enemy so many times. more goals down to self inflicted errors & another long standing problem. it same as the national team achilles heel. you cant turnover possession as much as we do in top flight not be punished

but on a positive i get a feeling. that Brewster is on cusp of something, he keeps getting better every game & he will be huge in championship next season

I was watching with a Leeds fan today and I told him that you can’t claim Leeds played well when they had Lundstram, Stevens and Norwood queuing up to pass their players the ball in decent positions.

They apparently are shit at defending corners, so Norwood and Fleck just aimed for the front post defender without fail apart from the one time where Norwood just hung one up for Meslier to claim. Woeful

I’m genuinely at the point where I dislike a lot of players due to the lack of effort and inability to play a 5 yard pass.

Our very own forum legend pommpey did the Player Ratings for Leeds (A), did he get it spot on or has he been drinking?

I don't wanna be overly dramatic but if we persevere with this current crop of players next season, we're looking at a very quick slide back into league one. Fucking clueless and talentless to a man

Back
Top Bottom