Kyle Walker

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kyle Walker could leave Man City and make sensational return to Sheffield United​

Talksport I know but got to dream...

Kyle Walker could leave Man City and make sensational return to Sheffield United​

Talksport I know but got to dream...
No dream for me. While it would be good seeing Walker back at the Lane I'd much rather we spend our money strengthening areas that we are severely lacking.

He's done everything he can in club football. Maybe, just maybe, this could happen.

However is he better than furious George 🤣

If he did come what about a back 3 of Walker on the right, Anel in the middle and Egan on the left. We thereby solve our LCB problem and put RND and George/Bogle as the wingbacks. We would lose Anels attacking threat but our back 5 as it were would look at lot stronger

He's done everything he can in club football. Maybe, just maybe, this could happen.

If he did come what about a back 3 of Walker on the right, Anel in the middle and Egan on the left. We thereby solve our LCB problem and put RND and George/Bogle as the wingbacks. We would lose Anels attacking threat but our back 5 as it were would look at lot stronger
I dont like to lose Anel from attacking, but he can still go forward, he can go through the middle or even interchange with Walker when needed.
I f'king love it to be honest. Had a smile on my face reading through your comment because that's one hell of a back 3.

He’s still quite possibly the best RWB on the planet. Great story but unless the Prince has been having us on all this time and he’s actually minted, this is nonsense.

i dont think its as far fetched as most posters on here are suggesting kyle has made his money he knows hes getting nowhere near the money hes on at the lane and might just fancy one more challenge trying to keep us in the premier league knowing tracy his mum i know hes still got big feelings for the blades

Keeping us up while in real terms playing for next to nothing would definitely elevate him into Legend of the Lane status. Seems unlikely I grant you but football is a crazy old world all of its own so who knows

Keeping us up while in real terms playing for next to nothing would definitely elevate him into Legend of the Lane status. Seems unlikely I grant you but football is a crazy old world all of its own so who knows

He was just waiting for Sharp to move on so he could swoop in and take the captains armband.

No disrespect to Baldock but of course Walker is better, using any measure you care to mention. Look at his medal haul, the fees he has commanded, the level he has played over the last 10 years or whatever.

He was just waiting to get his Champions League winners medal, he has more money than he could ever need.

He’s often spoken of his desire to make an emotional return to his home club, where everything began, to play out his career in a City and stadium that hold so many personal memories for him. As a successful footballer in the modern era, there must come a time, where money is no longer the driver?

Maybe for him, that time is now? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Latest chip paper doing the rounds then.

What are we paying him in, toilet rolls?

It would be unbelievably great if he came this summer but I really can’t see it happening. He may have more money than he could ever need but then again so do the likes of Benzema and Ronaldo. Both plying their trade for ridiculous money in oil states. I can see Kyle coming to us when he is 38/39 after one last huge payday in Saudi / Qutar or even Villa. Money talks and we don’t have much of it.

The Saudi state dimension, if true, somewhat complicates what would otherwise have seemed a pretty straightforward forward next step for Walker. His repeated statements making clear his wish to end his career at BDBL, imply he’s accepting of a substantial discount on what he could earn elsewhere. However, £5m-£6m per year at, say, Villa versus, say, £2.5m with the Blades perhaps was the calculation. £50m-£60m for each of three years in the desert is a different decision. A hefty staying up bonus might help a bit but still…

Follow your heart, Kyle!

The Saudi state dimension, if true, somewhat complicates what would otherwise have seemed a pretty straightforward forward next step for Walker. His repeated statements making clear his wish to end his career at BDBL, imply he’s accepting of a substantial discount on what he could earn elsewhere. However, £5m-£6m per year at, say, Villa versus, say, £2.5m with the Blades perhaps was the calculation. £50m-£60m for each of three years in the desert is a different decision. A hefty staying up bonus might help a bit but still…

Follow your heart, Kyle!

Maybe, just maybe, not all footballers are in it for the money.

If it surprisingly happened with everyone fit I'd play Walker RCB or LCB depending on which suits both he and Anel better.
Yeah he's about one of the best RWB around but Baldock is good there and hoping Bogle can get back on track too.
But arguably LCB and LWB are weaker area's for us right now.

Guess thing is though, if we signed Walker though we don't know who else we may sign in defence.

Wouldn't mind seeing this as our starting back 5.

Baldock, Walker, Egan, Anel, Manning

If it surprisingly happened with everyone fit I'd play Walker RCB or LCB depending on which suits both he and Anel better.
Yeah he's about one of the best RWB around but Baldock is good there and hoping Bogle can get back on track too.
But arguably LCB and LWB are weaker area's for us right now.

Guess thing is though, if we signed Walker though we don't know who else we may sign in defence.

Wouldn't mind seeing this as our starting back 5.

Baldock, Walker, Egan, Anel, Manning
Would be awesome, but I'd prefer

Baldock Walker Anel Egan RND

:)

60 grand a week or under and I'd take him in a heart beat. Maybe 4-5m up front with a handsome bonus for City if we stay up

Back
Top Bottom