Kop moaners amid the joy of a 4-0 win.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There is a guy on gangway E of the Kop been there last season and this and he has spent almost every match on his betting app on his phone, hardly ever looks up at the play. Why he bothers coming I don’t know.

He's the same every week if it's the same clown I'm thinking of. Our ST are behind the goal. The best one is when he says 'Time!' and 'Move it quicker' in the same sentence!

He got some verbals last season when Davies scored the late winner as he was moaning about bringing on a defender and not trying to win the game. There's a few around us that have a word most weeks.

That's the one! .."Move it quicker!"

There is a guy on gangway E of the Kop been there last season and this and he has spent almost every match on his betting app on his phone, hardly ever looks up at the play. Why he bothers coming I don’t know.
Probably there for the beer and gear !

Always annoys me when people leave before the end. Does it really matter that much that you'll get stuck in traffic for half an hour or so? Fuck me

At least our resident Norwood hater on the South was quiet last night

"AbsolutegaaarbageNorwoodgerrimoff" man, who sits a couple of rows behind us, was also quiet last night. Or, he was so disappointed by the performance vs Blackburn that he's staying away in protest.

Gangway D, near the front by any chance?

You aren’t on your own. There’s one particular village idiot towards the front of the South Stand. GET BACK IN YOUR BOX he vehemently shouts, whenever the opposition assistant manager / manager moves a few inches out of it. Just enjoy it mate.

I overheard someone as I was exiting the ground saying that we took our foot off the gas after 20 minutes and allowed them to get into the game. This was apparently 'a bit disappointing' and it 'took the shine off the result a bit'.

I dread to imagine how these people think when we get a hammering.

Blimey.

Apart from a couple of 5 minute breathers, when we stayed generally compact and solid, I thought the fact that we didn't do this was actually the main difference between last night and the Blackburn game.

Remarkable how we all see it differently.

You aren’t on your own. There’s one particular village idiot towards the front of the South Stand. GET BACK IN YOUR BOX he vehemently shouts, whenever the opposition assistant manager / manager moves a few inches out of it. Just enjoy it mate.

To be honest I think a fair few of our fans like to sit near the away bench just to give their players stick.

Can you imagine the level of bollocks that would've been witnessed had there been crowds in the nightmare prem relegation season?
There's always been the gobby embarrassing dickheads dotted around the ground but they must've been busy procreating over the years as atm their numbers have obviously multiplied unfortunately.
So many unhappy, angry thick people abart naa!

I managed to get a laugh when I risked a "Get him off!" when Ahmedhodzic played a rare errant pass at 4-0 last night. Thankfully the people around me realised I was joking but there's always the possibility someone takes it at face value and thinks I'm an absolute knobhead*.

*Or knows I was joking but thinks I'm a knobhead anyway.

We stay to clap off the team and yes its disappointing to see people streaming out and it was generally quiet last night. But it was an all round excellent performance, no high anxiety at all. Good day at the office for all concerned. Maybe we can't quite believe it? Maybe a quiet win is a good win?

"AbsolutegaaarbageNorwoodgerrimoff" man, who sits a couple of rows behind us, was also quiet last night. Or, he was so disappointed by the performance vs Blackburn that he's staying away in protest.

Gangway D, near the front by any chance?

No more between F and G about 10 rows from the front

Always annoys me when people leave before the end. Does it really matter that much that you'll get stuck in traffic for half an hour or so? Fuck me
As someone that not that long ago had to leave 15 mins early for evening games, otherwise I'd end up being pretty late for work... Yes, it really did matter.

Was I supposed to miss out on the entire game because of work, when I was happy to still drive to and from the game, accepting I'd have to miss a small amount of it? Was I really that bad of a fan for having to work?

Sat directly behind the goal last night with my lad on the Kop, goodness me. 3-0 up and 1 clown was still sat whining and moaning, commentating on every pass, of course every uncompleted Blades pass was a either lazy, sloppy or useless.
This idiot was screaming for the team to "Gerrup pitch..." every 2 minutes, not realising that we were just waiting to pick Reading off, like we did, several times. The way he was going off you'd think Reading were laying punches on our goal left, right and centre.
Honestly don't know why these people bother attending if they can't take any joy form a fantastic night like last night, I can remember shaking my head in disbelief several times.
Needless to say when the 4th went in I told him the error of his ways.
UTB.
Was it FallowfieldBlade with his Hecky out banner?

As someone that not that long ago had to leave 15 mins early for evening games, otherwise I'd end up being pretty late for work... Yes, it really did matter.

Was I supposed to miss out on the entire game because of work, when I was happy to still drive to and from the game, accepting I'd have to miss a small amount of it? Was I really that bad of a fan for having to work?
So the thousands of people streaming out on 85 mins are all working nights?

"GET IT FORWARD!"
"STOP PASSING IT ABOUT!"

In fairness, when I used to go with my dad years ago we used to leave on 90 as we were picking my mum up from Safeway and the traffic was awful, but if we played really well or the result was in doubt we'd normally stay. People leave on 80 minutes onwards, which is ridiculous. Used to be a good idea to leave a little early as less chance of getting your car vandalised!

There's quite a high percentage of our fans who actually know fuck all about anything.

But I get shouted at when I say that.
There's quite a high percentage of our fans who actually know fuck all about anything
That’s what Shoutbox is there for, where people who know nothing about anything, have an opinion about everything.

Free tagline for you there Foxy.

I saw this get attempted. As it started gathering a bit of momentum (maybe 50) I did here a large boo from the Kop which seemed to have no link to what was happening on the pitch. I imagine that it was in response to the lights???
They were also booing our number 15 everytime he touched the ball for the last 10 minutes. Strange.

My 'at home' experience quite different. Couple of beers, a wee smoke, and then just watched us taking Reading apart while listening to Nick Drake's 'Bryter Layter' at good volume on the hifi (beats listening to Kevin Gage). Brilliant.
Now there's a novel idea for an album: Kevin Gage Sings Nick Drake

Sat directly behind the goal last night with my lad on the Kop, goodness me. 3-0 up and 1 clown was still sat whining and moaning, commentating on every pass, of course every uncompleted Blades pass was a either lazy, sloppy or useless.
This idiot was screaming for the team to "Gerrup pitch..." every 2 minutes, not realising that we were just waiting to pick Reading off, like we did, several times. The way he was going off you'd think Reading were laying punches on our goal left, right and centre.
Honestly don't know why these people bother attending if they can't take any joy form a fantastic night like last night, I can remember shaking my head in disbelief several times.
Needless to say when the 4th went in I told him the error of his ways.
UTB.
But did u piss in his hood!??

Back
Top Bottom