Kop moaners amid the joy of a 4-0 win.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LW_Blade

Reaction score
Sat directly behind the goal last night with my lad on the Kop, goodness me. 3-0 up and 1 clown was still sat whining and moaning, commentating on every pass, of course every uncompleted Blades pass was a either lazy, sloppy or useless.
This idiot was screaming for the team to "Gerrup pitch..." every 2 minutes, not realising that we were just waiting to pick Reading off, like we did, several times. The way he was going off you'd think Reading were laying punches on our goal left, right and centre.
Honestly don't know why these people bother attending if they can't take any joy form a fantastic night like last night, I can remember shaking my head in disbelief several times.
Needless to say when the 4th went in I told him the error of his ways.
UTB.

Sat directly behind the goal last night with my lad on the Kop, goodness me. 3-0 up and 1 clown was still sat whining and moaning, commentating on every pass, of course every uncompleted Blades pass was a either lazy, sloppy or useless.
This idiot was screaming for the team to "Gerrup pitch..." every 2 minutes, not realising that we were just waiting to pick Reading off, like we did, several times. The way he was going off you'd think Reading were laying punches on our goal left, right and centre.
Honestly don't know why these people bother attending if they can't take any joy form a fantastic night like last night, I can remember shaking my head in disbelief several times.
UTB.
Quid a big kid dosent help.

Aye the atmosphere was quiet, kid a quid doesn't help but lets not forget what that can do positively for the future.
There were kids sat near us who are too young to join in the chanting, a little young to really understand the game but they've just seen their club destroy Reading 4-0.
They'll remember that and look back on it and hopefully in the years to come add to the ranks of the fanbase. It's something we've done far better than other side of the city in the past 20 years.

Often find that with United if it's a big match atmosphere is great. Whether that's in the grand scheme of the season, derby, big club etc.
Then sometimes atmosphere can be good too just because the mood seems to catch the fans.

If there is a team playing a bit dirty or a ref making poor decisions this often ignites the crowd massively too.

Biggest problem and we aren't alone in it as a club, is when there is a sense of expectation. Last night despite Reading sitting top fair to say most blades thought we would win.
Perhaps not by 4-0 but whenever we "expect" atmosphere is often pretty flat.

UTB.

I overheard someone as I was exiting the ground saying that we took our foot off the gas after 20 minutes and allowed them to get into the game. This was apparently 'a bit disappointing' and it 'took the shine off the result a bit'.

I dread to imagine how these people think when we get a hammering.

UTB.
people like this exist, so people like us can reflect occasionally and simply thank the lord we didn't turn out to be a *complete cunt. They exist to make us thankful

*only a partial cunt

There is quite a high percentage of our fans who actually know fuck all about football. 🤷‍♂️
Exactly. Surely they realise our quarterback can't always get it straight to the pitcher for a try, we have to work our way around them, bring them up the court a little to create space.

In all seriousness I've sat around wankers like that, I always imagine them to be failed Sunday leaguers now coaching kids on a Sunday so they think they know what it's like to be a pro manager. I also never understand, even if the squad could hear him they're hardly liable to say "my god, big Ken in the Kop is right, from now on, hoof it up lads"

I’ve got a Sander hater near me. Quiet about him most of the game but the moment he went on that run near the end and probably should have played Brewster in he was incandescent “fucking twenty million quid? He’s fucking useless, no fucker will pay twenty quid for him” etc. - we’re winning 4-0 for Christ sake if we’re losing or drawing and he arguably makes a wrong choice that costs us points then fair dos but give it a rest!

UTB.
He's the same every week if it's the same clown I'm thinking of. Our ST are behind the goal. The best one is when he says 'Time!' and 'Move it quicker' in the same sentence!

He got some verbals last season when Davies scored the late winner as he was moaning about bringing on a defender and not trying to win the game. There's a few around us that have a word most weeks.

I've always been on Kop, but was sitting with friends on BLUT for the first time in years. Wow the lack of atmosphere is palpable. We were singing loudly but nobody joined in. I even shouted out "Come on, join in!" which lead to a few nervous chuckles. Each to their own I guess.😆

Reactions: Dkc
There is quite a high percentage of our fans who actually know fuck all about football. 🤷‍♂️

I have seen them and they were around during the glory years under Wilder as well. Watching some of the best football I have seen and you still get the odd cunt who has had a few pints finding a player to slag off.

Although once again everyone leaving about 15 minutes early last night boiled my piss. I guess there was some fire drill that I wasn't aware of?

That was a complete performance from the Blades last night at least stick around to clap them off at full time and not just to beg for their bloody shirt.

I've always been on Kop, but was sitting with friends on BLUT for the first time in years. Wow the lack of atmosphere is palpable. We were singing loudly but nobody joined in. I even shouted out "Come on, join in!" which lead to a few nervous chuckles. Each to their own I guess.😆
I did once. Southampton game in the Prem. Like been in the cinema, very quite. Good part though was the people did use the in and out doors correctly at the toilets, proper shock to the system unlike on the Kop.

Back
Top Bottom