KM on TS

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He says something about what HRH has done since the announcement yesterday is bad, what does he mean ?
I've only seen what HRH said on twitter and there was nowt bad.

I wonder if the seating arrangements will change? All the front row clapping McCabists moved to the back and the pissed up gobshites now on the front row, ripping up the photos they had taken with Kev as a show of loyalty?

Front row Jim Phipps, Sela Baki, Mel Branningan, Martin Green, Nigel Clough, Yusef G and Tariq H. John Brayford couldn't make it as he was doing his hair.

Jeremy Tutton in the stocks in the Platinum Suite for half time entertainment and View from John Street attending to provide impartial reporting of the event. :)

My limited understanding of all this is along the following lines.

McCabe tried to exploit a clause in the contract, by making an undervalued offer for the Princes shares, in the belief that the Prince didn’t have a pot to piss in.

The Prince then called his bluff and made an identical counter offer to McCabe,, as he was entitled to do.

The court case ruled on who was legally obliged to accept the other partners offer. They obviously came down in favour of the Prince?

The fact we are now a Premier League club has upped the stakes massively. But McCabe wasn’t acting in the clubs interest, he was seeking to obtain all of the clubs shares on the cheap, thus maximising his financial return when he sold out. The plan backfired and he’s ended up with egg on his face and just £5 million for his share of the club. He gambled and lost, he should walk away and accept the decision. Wait for his £60 million for the property assets, retire to the sun and apply for his season ticket.

Are we going to be better off in the hands of the Saudis or the Americans ? Only time will tell, but I’m sure the Prince will find potential Saudi investors far more interested now he is the sole owner of the club.

Can certainly understand why McCabe is upset. He should nevertheless should keep quiet if he intends to appeal or make the best out of this situation, not stirring on national radio, that doesn't do anyone any good.

What is he wanting, a mass boycott and protests like Hull have? We don't have time for this!

It feels like the support for Mcabe is slowly starting to fade, I hope not, I want to remember him for all the good things he has done for the club which far outway the disappointing, I hope the day,and in the near future he comes out onto the pitch to let us all stand and applaud him as a gesture of our appreciation to him and his family, it's the least he deserves.

Can you list the good things that outweigh the bad?

On the face of it, he made poor decision after poor decision throughout the majority of his tenure.
He oversaw 6 years in the third tier playing some awful football, arguably THE WORST period in our history.
He failed to back Warnock when in the Prem, then after relegation put the club at risk by giving Robson a warchest never seen before.

If he is that concerned with his leadership then why bring him in and organise deals in one way or another to eventually hand control of the club over to him?

He says something about what HRH has done since the announcement yesterday is bad, what does he mean ?
I've only seen what HRH said on twitter and there was nowt bad.

Hes done everything right in my eyes

• released a statement backing the manager and the clubs values
  • then organised a fans forum

I think we're all just used to how it's been under McCabe, and were a bit blinkered to the bigger picture?
Thinking about it all, this has always been about money, and McCabe getting ready to stand down and pass the reigns over.
That's the reason the original contract had all these clauses in it, it's just that McCabe thought the Prince had more wealth, and i don't believe he thought we would reach the prem in the time frame he saw.
Obviously being in the prem means alot more money, and looking at the £5m the club will be sold for, as it were, we all know that he's going to be losing out massively this way, as opposed to the yanks buying us out right, and that's got to hurt after putting in so much.
If nothing else we need to embrace the change and pray it goes the way we hope it will.

On the face of it, he made poor decision after poor decision throughout the majority of his tenure.
He oversaw 6 years in the third tier playing some awful football, arguably THE WORST period in our history.
He failed to back Warnock when in the Prem, then after relegation put the club at risk by giving Robson a warchest never seen before.

Absolutely bang on, the bigger blade got called out, just plenty of rhetoric and no substance. Don't forget the tevez debacle and ched. Kevin mccabe is a mccabe fan first and foremost. He has benefitted from Sheffield United without doubt. What goes around comes around. We are no more or less stable than before. However the fact is this, its no coincidence to me that we have had our best spell in the last few years and spent more money than he would ever sanction before the Prince was around. I won't cry over inept businessman that will get a 60 million pound pay off. The king is dead..... Long live the King. UTB

The tide of public support seems to have quite quickly turned against McCabe due to his words since the ruling. He seems to be doing more harm to his reputation rather than getting people onside. Nobody wants to see the club dragged through the press in this way and nobody wants someone like Jim White given ammunition to make claims about Wilder being on the verge of leaving.

Didn't say he hasn't made mistakes my point it he was there when we needed him and put his money into the club,if he is to blame for awful football, I think the manager is to blame for that not him then I presume he is now the reason for us playing the best football for years, I am not trying to play him up but I think he deserves credit, I accept you are not a fan scoots which is fair enough.

Only problem is how is the prince gonna afford ground and training ground? Surely looking at new investment or is he gonna bank on us staying up and use rest of this seasons prem money for january?

The tide of public support seems to have quite quickly turned against McCabe due to his words since the ruling. He seems to be doing more harm to his reputation rather than getting people onside. Nobody wants to see the club dragged through the press in this way and nobody wants someone like Jim White given ammunition to make claims about Wilder being on the verge of leaving.

Come on Roy mate ........ where’s the View from Riyadh ??

Absolutely bang on, the bigger blade got called out, just plenty of rhetoric and no substance. Don't forget the tevez debacle and ched. Kevin mccabe is a mccabe fan first and foremost. He has benefitted from Sheffield United without doubt. What goes around comes around. We are no more or less stable than before. However the fact is this, its no coincidence to me that we have had our best spell in the last few years and spent more money than he would ever sanction before the Prince was around. I won't cry over inept businessman that will get a 60 million pound pay off. The king is dead..... Long live the King. UTB

He's lost millions. We have a better stadium and thanks to his continued support along with the Princes financial input and Wilders Magic recently we have our best team in years.

So much to rightly criticise him for without making things up. How has he benefitted from the club for example? By chucking £50m down its drain?

KM has made baseless accusations about the Prince 'not being suitable etc', and 'not the behaviour of an owner of this club', which have failed to convince a Judge, and failed to convince me.
When you read between the lines the only bad behaviour appears to have come from the arrogant megalomaniac McCabe.
He's so arrogant he believes appearing on Talk Sport will get him some sympathy.

Didn't say he hasn't made mistakes my point it he was there when we needed him and put his money into the club,if he is to blame for awful football, I think the manager is to blame for that not him then I presume he is now the reason for us playing the best football for years, I am not trying to play him up but I think he deserves credit, I accept you are not a fan scoots which is fair enough.

I'm quite neutral on it to be honest, I respect anyone willing to put their own money into the money pit that is a football club.

He's lost millions. We have a better stadium and thanks to his continued support along with the Princes financial input and Wilders Magic recently we have our best team in years.

So much to rightly criticise him for without making things up. How has he benefitted from the club for example? By chucking £50m down its drain?

Not made anything up pal, just cause it doesn't fit your narrative. He runs a construction company, improvements to the ground have been made through that, he also transferred over the hotel once it had stopped making losses into his own companies ownership. If he's lost money (debatable and anything is possible through creative accounting - look at player sales over the years etc), then he only has himself to blame. He's arrogant, self righteous, something identified in court and has ruled with an iron rod. I'm not one of those who thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread cause he once bought me a pint or think I'm one of his better blades. He really was a case of the emporer's new clothes. You can have your opinion, I will keep mine.

I might be wrong but I seem to recall Wilder being highly critical on the removal of Bettis and really happy when he was brought back in.

This is key for me as it seems KM got rid and Princey Pooh bought him back.

They can be mates all they want but that doesn't mean Wilder has to agree or like his business practice.

Not made anything up pal, just cause it doesn't fit your narrative. He runs a construction company, improvements to the ground have been made through that, he also transferred over the hotel once it had stopped making losses into his own companies ownership. If he's lost money (debatable and anything is possible through creative accounting - look at player sales over the years etc), then he only has himself to blame. He's arrogant, self righteous, something identified in court and has ruled with an iron rod. I'm not one of those who thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread cause he once bought me a pint or think I'm one of his better blades. He really was a case of the emporer's new clothes. You can have your opinion, I will keep mine.

Most of what you've posted as your opinion is wrong.

The hotel has never made a profit. That's fact, not opinion.

He's lost money. It's not debatable, again it's a fact, what creative accounting techniques has he used? Has he mastered double entry accounting to the extent that debits and credits don't have to balance.

Player sales don't go into his pocket.

As for "better Blades", grow up.

Back
Top Bottom