KM on TS

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Most of what you've posted as your opinion is wrong.

The hotel has never made a profit. That's fact, not opinion.

He's lost money. It's not debatable, again it's a fact, what creative accounting techniques has he used? Has he mastered double entry accounting to the extent that debits and credits don't have to balance.

Player sales don't go into his pocket.

As for "better Blades", grow up.

You do know the definition of an opinion don't you?

As for grow up, who the bloody hell are you?

Yes. And much of yours are clearly and provably wrong.

You started with the "better Blades" comment and clearly failed to recognise the "bought me a pint" comment was a joke. (Although true)

I have no doubt he bought you a pint or was kind enough to acknowledge you, we agree to differ then. My opinion remains the same despite what you say.

The best interests of Sheffield United will be served by McCabe quietly going about his appeal, if that's the route he intends to take or for him to continue to support the Sheffield United as a fan.

If there is any bitterness from McCabe towards the Prince, he needs to ensure that it doesn't affect the club or the manager with his pathetic attempts at headline grabbing and point scoring.

Best thing he could do is to look into his own Due Diligence processes to make sure this doesn't happen to him again, if he's been wronged.

Frankly i don't know whether he has a case as i'm still reading the court report

If Kevin McCabe has used his own company for our ground improvements, isn’t he then profiting from the club to the tune of quite a few million? Not a gripe or anything just an observation. My own view of the ownership conclusion is a change is as good as a rest?

3) If the Prince is an unsuitable owner now, what has changed since McCabe whole heartedly gave away 50% of the club to him a few years back?
4) He could have made the mistake again with the new American prospective owners.
5) Princes statement afterwards regarding just being a custodian of the club etc was making all the right noises.

It's all very sad to see really. I know he's ploughed alot of his money into the club over the years and clearly has an emotional attachment to the club but I think Kev should take a step back and go on holiday for a few days to clear his head. Then come back and weigh up his options.

Surely his advisors should be telling him to wind it in abit?

I think appearing on loads of Radio / TV channels clearly damages the club and takes focus from CW and his plans for Saturday.

Does Kev have any get out of not selling the ground and other assetts if HRH comes up with the funds?

Sounds like we're going to be treated to the McCabe woe is me media roadshow over the next week.

I have a level of sympathy for sure but only so much tbf.

Some of us have fully appreciated much of what KM has done for us but have always held some reservations.

For some of the critisicm McCabe has come in for over the last few years I've had some level of sympathy for him and been willing to defend him and believe despite making mistakes, had the club's best interests at heart.

But this whole court case and now the comments afterwards have made me lose some respect for him. Some of the stuff that came out that court case in regards to how the club was run seemed farcical and making comments like "Wilder will have some thinking to do" is just ridiculous and helping absolutely no one. He does seem to making unfounded claims about The Princes suitability considering he and Wilder actually seem to have a fairly good relationship now and his comments have always seemed fairly measured. The comments yesterday about being a custodian to the club put me at ease and even fill me with some optimism to a degree (I know it makes for a nice soundbite).

Let's be honest there was only so far McCabe could ever take us, this could be the start of something much bigger for us a club now.

At least it's never boring eh.

He's lost millions. We have a better stadium and thanks to his continued support along with the Princes financial input and Wilders Magic recently we have our best team in years.

So much to rightly criticise him for without making things up. How has he benefitted from the club for example? By chucking £50m down its drain?

He's eviscerating McCabe over Tevez, a ruling that gained 30 million for the club!? He also doesn't mention the ground improvements or academy etc. I think you're wasting your time here.

If Kevin McCabe has used his own company for our ground improvements, isn’t he then profiting from the club to the tune of quite a few million? Not a gripe or anything just an observation. My own view of the ownership conclusion is a change is as good as a rest?
What construction company does he own? Scarborough are property developers, not builders, there’s a big difference. They don’t build it themselves, they tender it to contractors. Same with Valad who he used to be involved with.

I have a concern about the Prince taking over. Spending a lot of time in Spain I have endured watching what another Arab Prince has done to "Mañaga FC" - used it as a "cash cow" by selling off the best players, his son picking the team a string of endless managers who had their hands tied and left or were sacked, "going down the academy route" when the academy players were not good enough.
Now they are 16th in the second division and still falling and failing - I understand they are different people (AKA Man' city) but it does worry me.

As for McCabe, he has made endless bad decisions and in business that can cost you, Lord Sugar once said "business is about making decisions and getting more right than you get wrong" McCabe has failed in this respect regardless of how much money he has thrown at it (and i sincerely thank him for that) but at the end of the day as a business owner it is down to your decisions as to the final outcome. I hope we (United) are in safe hands, time will tell.

UTB

I have a concern about the Prince taking over. Spending a lot of time in Spain I have endured watching what another Arab Prince has done to "Mañaga FC" - used it as a "cash cow" by selling off the best players, his son picking the team a string of endless managers who had their hands tied and left or were sacked, "going down the academy route" when the academy players were not good enough.
Now they are 16th in the second division and still falling and failing - I understand they are different people (AKA Man' city) but it does worry me.

As for McCabe, he has made endless bad decisions and in business that can cost you, Lord Sugar once said "business is about making decisions and getting more right than you get wrong" McCabe has failed in this respect regardless of how much money he has thrown at it (and i sincerely thank him for that) but at the end of the day as a business owner it is down to your decisions as to the final outcome. I hope we (United) are in safe hands, time will tell.

UTB

Sweeping assumption all Arab princes are same!

Judge each man on his merits not nationality.

It's all very sad to see really. I know he's ploughed alot of his money into the club over the years and clearly has an emotional attachment to the club but I think Kev should take a step back and go on holiday for a few days to clear his head. Then come back and weigh up his options.

Surely his advisors should be telling him to wind it in abit?

I think appearing on loads of Radio / TV channels clearly damages the club and takes focus from CW and his plans for Saturday.

Does Kev have any get out of not selling the ground and other assetts if HRH comes up with the funds?

His only get out is to reverse the Judgement on Appeal.

For what it is worth Kevin McCabe I don't think hasn't come out of this very well in the last 24 hours.

It is all worth remembering that he did a lot of good things during his time as sole owner of Sheffield United, and for a while we was a progressive, forward thinking club, he also made many mistakes.

His comments about Chris Wilder help absolutely nobody, and just create mistruths, speculation and are an attempt of getting people on his side, and help nobody and aren't in the best interests of Sheffield United.

UTB
It’s either the Prince or an American consortium. The option of KM staying isn’t on the table. So we were getting change whatever happened. You can fear the change or you can accept it in the knowledge that you can’t actually do anything about it.

Back
Top Bottom