Klopp says it’s Wilder who’s being selfish!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He sounds like a childish bad... not loser just none winner, I get the vibe he expected a result today and looked for every excuse he could find to explain why they didn't get one. Felt like this guy is so used to winning he's unable to handle anything else and with a couple under his belt this season he looked like he's close to popping.

With regards to the subs - he makes a fair point but then again the nay-sayers do, even more so. It then just becomes a game of big bank take little bank. He's all for it now but, should Liverpool drop off and bigger clubs with bigger budgets surpass them, he would be the first to moan, you just know it.

Reactions: KPO

I think this is one of them quotes they should stick up on the dressing room wall motivating the players to unite behind Wilder.

Klopp is a complete mardy arse. Well suited to his club.

Interesting that he amongst a few others this season, is quite happy to have a go at Wilder. Nobody had a bad word to say about Wilder last season, but now that we're down, these turds such as Klopp can't help but put take the opportunity to put the boot into us. We're certainly going to pay for ruffling some feathers last season.

Hopefully, Wilder can use the brickbats that are starting to come our way, to galvanise some sort of siege mentality to get the players at it, rather than going through the motions.

Including a certain Mr Brewster, maybe?

I saw it in an article this morning, Wilder basically said that "Klopp is a politician, he's selfish and only ever wants what's best for Liverpool"

Replace Liverpool with Blades and you're talking about Wilder and that's how it should be.

Anyone getting worked up about this can't have anything important to think about today.
Wilder was actually paying Klopp a decent compliment.
It’s the media that have twisted it out of shape.
The headlines don’t match the content.

A few points:

1. Don't know how Klopp got wind of Wilder's interview or whether he saw it first hand. Chris said that all managers are selfish and would look after their own interests. He mentioned himself and Klopp as examples. It was by no means a dig at Klopp himself and could have been anyone. What Chris said about self interest was plain common sense and in no way presented as a dig.

2. Mentioning we have 1 point 🥱 whilst true was totally unnecessary and made Klopp look pretty.

3. The likes of TAA getting injured had not missed a minute of any league game to that point. So given the known circumstances, fixtures etc, instead of bellyaching about 5 subs, surely Klopp should have been rotating them and using three subs every game. Otherwise it's a bit of a moot point, being made, when they dropped points and happened to pick up an injury.

4. The interviewer did really well in standing his ground. Made valid points that the Execs of the clubs agreed to the schedules with TV so no point to have a go at the Broadcaster. As he said, take it up at Board level.

Bit of a storm in a tea cup but if it fires us up, the 1 point comment, by an extra few percent, then great.

accuses wilder on the bbc interview of some underhand controling of the premier league
i mean, if wilder is controlling the premier league, given our league position, hes doing a terrible job of that 😂
He says in the BBC interview he fell into the trap set by the BT interviewer and now all the headlines will be about that.

Then he makes even more outlandish accusations by accusing Chris Wilder of having too much influence with the Premier League!

Also claims at ”least 15 clubs were for the new rule”

If that were the case it would have got through then!

The issue is the number of games that are played in European competitions. But the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool won't challenge that because of the money involved. I don't see why the rules should be changed to protect the big clubs.
They will also piss and moan, then organise lucrative pre season tournaments in the Far East. Cunts.

He's cheesed off because he's a winner and his team's just dropped two points. Nothing wrong with that. Period

Why doesn't he keep it about his team not being good enough then instead of moaning at a team he didn't drop points to, and a rule that's been voted on twice and lost because multiple other teams also didn't want it.

There is something wrong with it, and I'd hope he gets a touchline ban. He's basically called another manager an idiot and mocked his team. He can get fucked the mardy twat.

Honestly I wish Wilder would stoop as low as Klopp and give him both barrels in a presser but he's too good for that.

Why doesn't he keep it about his team not being good enough then instead of moaning at a team he didn't drop points to, and a rule that's been voted on twice and lost because multiple other teams also didn't want it.

There is something wrong with it, and I'd hope he gets a touchline ban. He's basically called another manager an idiot and mocked his team. He can get fucked the mardy twat.

Honestly I wish Wilder would stoop as low as Klopp and give him both barrels in a presser but he's too good for that.
Don’t bite mate, that’s what he’s looking for.

Always had plenty of time for Klopp, but when he said that about our manager, when he disrespected Chris Wilder, he went right down in my estimation.
And I'll tell you what, we have still got to play them again, and I would love it if we got a last minute winner, scored by our fifth sub, LOVE IT.

A few points:

1. Don't know how Klopp got wind of Wilder's interview or whether he saw it first hand. Chris said that all managers are selfish and would look after their own interests. He mentioned himself and Klopp as examples. It was by no means a dig at Klopp himself and could have been anyone. What Chris said about self interest was plain common sense and in no way presented as a dig.

2. Mentioning we have 1 point 🥱 whilst true was totally unnecessary and made Klopp look pretty.

3. The likes of TAA getting injured had not missed a minute of any league game to that point. So given the known circumstances, fixtures etc, instead of bellyaching about 5 subs, surely Klopp should have been rotating them and using three subs every game. Otherwise it's a bit of a moot point, being made, when they dropped points and happened to pick up an injury.

4. The interviewer did really well in standing his ground. Made valid points that the Execs of the clubs agreed to the schedules with TV so no point to have a go at the Broadcaster. As he said, take it up at Board level.

Bit of a storm in a tea cup but if it fires us up, the 1 point comment, by an extra few percent, then great.
Klopp has never been pretty.

Tosser, I’ve just text a Liverpool fan mate who said he didn’t watch the 2nd half because they were ‘shit’. I thought some of our fans had been overreacting to recent results 😂

Prick! Quite happy to take the broadcasters’ munneh. Sure he’ll be pumping out his precious players for high profile pre-season friendlies in Asia and the USA next summer as well.
Wilder is in charge of SUFC and it’s his job to look after the interests of SUFC. Klopp’s still has the advantage of a bigger squad so he can rotate his players if he cares for their welfare so much.

You only have to think back to our game at Old Trafford away last season to see how five subs can be utilised. Ole used them all at once in the second half and hey presto, they've got half a side with fresh legs. Is Klopp trying to tell me that he wouldn't do the same if he had a fully fit squad and he was 3-0 up at 65 minutes? Really?

That's before going into the fact that you can pop a few grand extra on a young 'uns price tag if they have X number of Premier League appearances under their belt. Players who they know won't make the grade but can still cash in on for a pretty penny.

If you have an issue with injuries piling up because of the number of games being played, take it up with those organising the competitions you're in.

But on injuries to key squad members...tough shit. You're not the only ones.

I do like Klopp but whilst this isn't the first time that he has made himself look like a right mardy plonker, he has crossed a line calling out another manager like that.

Completely lacking of class and basic manners. I hope he has enough about him to pick up the phone and apologise to Chris tomorrow, because that was out of order.

Fair play to the reporter too, for going toe to toe with him, and winning the argument.

Klopp is too stupid to understand the issue and the additional advantage the big clubs have with 5 subs.

He says it's not about tactics, I agree, it's about players, he's bringing on a fresh 20/30/40/50m player, whereas us little guys bring on someone we found playing park football ffs.

Isn't it fucking obvious why we'd have an issue with it? Also, aren't there at least 6/7 other clubs that are voting against it too? Why pick out Wilder?
Exactly my thoughts as well Tarqs 👏🏻

5 subs is not just an exercise in replacing tired legs second half or when someone picks up an injury. Klopp claims he wouldn't use them tactically, absolute bollocks, if he didn't use them tactically then he shouldn't be a football manager. How often do we see teams a goal ahead suddenly sub players from the 85th to the whistle to disrupt the flow of the game, is this because certain players can't manage a few more minutes on the pitch, no its tactical. If Liverpool were losing badly and he had the option of bringing 4 pairs of fresh legs on against a tired team would he refuse because of some sort of unwritten code between managers? Of course not. Klopp claiming otherwise is disingenuous and naming Chris out of order. Like a previous poster said, if the players are so delicate and need rest why drag them on global close season money makers, never seen Klopp say they shouldn't have a preseason in China etc...because they have the world club, premier league titles to defend.

Back
Top Bottom