Kit thread: Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

brentford_18_19_adidas_away_kit.jpg

Brentford's 18/19 away kit is interesting

brentford-18-19-away-kit-2.jpg
It makes you wonder who at Brentford agreed to accept that. It’s shit, and that’s being polite.

Always find it strange that teams don’t just put the design out there and then just give a release date?? The design isn’t gonna change now so why wouldn’t they just show what it looks like?

Still I suppose we can all speculate until then!

Bizarrely brown and orange is a great combo on pretty much any item of clothing that isn't a football kit. Same with brown and sky blue. Put brown on a football kit and it will very quickly become 2 seemingly contradictory things. Almost universally detested and iconic.

Just ask any SISU fan of a certain vintage. Internally known at Admiral as "chocolate brown" apparently... that's not what everyone else thought!

Just ask any SISU fan of a certain vintage. Internally known at Admiral as "chocolate brown" apparently... that's not what everyone else thought!

Voted worst kit ever but I think its now got a rival from Brentford.

Why don't clubs give fans a selection of shirt designs and they can vote for the best, guaranteed to sell in large numbers.

Why don't clubs give fans a selection of shirt designs and they can vote for the best, guaranteed to sell in large numbers.
Because then our shirts would be made by MASTURB8 too!!

Agree with the thoughts of bladesmanluke #399, not just stay with the same kit for a couple of seasons, but look beyond the narrow commercial considerations and go for a shirt (last season's was excellent) that maintains traditional United red, white, and black colourway.

look beyond the narrow commercial considerations and go for a shirt (last season's was excellent) that maintains traditional United red, white, and black colourway.

I think there are a few different options to break the cycle.

- have two home shirts identical in pattern to each other; one for warm weather ( a mesh fabric , short sleeves, V-neck?) & one for winter, long sleeves, higher neck, warmer fabric and use them for 2 football seasons without changing the stripes....... the completists will buy both as they do already but those who aren't so addicted will be able to buy one of them and it'll still be current for double the time they are now - this would be particularly helpful to parents on a tight budget who wouldn't have to fork out so often ... only half as much, without the kids getting mocked for being out of fashion. The players would have the choice of which version to play in and still look uniform.

- have a reversible shirt, home kit on one side, away kit on the other...... again, in effect, it would be half-price .... but that's the problem isn't it?

there will be more ideas which could save a fan money.

Last edited:
I think there are a few different options to break the cycle.

- have two home shirts identical in pattern to each other; one for warm weather ( a mesh fabric , short sleeves, V-neck?) & one for winter, long sleeves, higher neck, warmer fabric and use them for 2 football seasons without changing the stripes....... the completists will buy both as they do already but those who aren't so addicted will be able to buy one of them and it'll still be current for double the time they are now - this would be particularly helpful to parents on a tight budget who wouldn't have to fork out so often ... only half as much, without the kids getting mocked for being out of fashion. The players would have the choice of which version to play in and still look uniform.

- have a reversible shirt, home kit on one side, away kit on the other...... again, in effect, it would be half-price .... but that's the problem isn't it?

there will be more ideas which could save a fan money.

Well thought through vorps. My only concern, and I must stress it's not a criticism, is that football clubs aren't usually synonymous with showing an enlightened approach to those supporters who exist on a tight budget. Strange considering that this should be the case, especially as it would further strengthen the bond between club and fan. The seasonal reveal of a new shirt has become endemic amongst clubs. It's not about a need for change, it never has been, it's simply a short-sighted exploitation, assuming the supporters can continue to be squeezed regardless of their circumstances.

If only the Blades could take a lead and extend a little imagination towards those supporters who are financially stretched. Just a little thought on the club's behalf would go a long, long way towards revealing an understanding of those supporters and the financial constraints they have to cope with.

football clubs aren't usually synonymous with showing an enlightened approach to those supporters who exist on a tight budget. Strange

I don't think it's strange - footballers are millionaires now so haven't got much clue about how the other half live, but club owners have always been, they all used to be local 'businessmen' and there is no-one as happy ripping off poor people without caring as local 'businessmen'.

Back
Top Bottom