Kilgallon's Loyalty

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Boo Radley, have a look at the photo below. It shows that Killa pulls out of the situation, but probably because Monty (bit ironic :rolleyes: ) gets involved. Monty is in a better position to clear and may possibly have shouted to Killgallon that he is going to go for it. However Monty's attempted kick doesn't even make contact with the ball, and it bounces on to Simpson, who scores.

Speaking generally, I think we as fans sometimes let contract situations and body language influence what we think of players.

(FAO: Raul, Simpson was probably Geary's man.... :eek: ;) )

Monty is running back towards his own goal and killa is facing more up the pitch. I cannot believe Monty shouted to him in that situation. I can however believe due to his lack of wanting to put his leg in for fear of injury so near to transfer window that he thought Monty would clatter his leg.

OH MY GOD, just heard brian on FH and his point about Killa was spot on (the rest was shite though). the kid after was also right and he blamed Killa for the QPR goal.

How wonderful. Maybe now he will put a proper tackle in. A player who's played at 30% below his best all season because he had his own self interest and who can blame him?
At fault for the goal against QPR - pull your leg back matt like a can can dancer.
Now Monty for all his failings would have cleared that ball in that situation even if it meant getting his leg kicked off.
So Killa now's your chance to put yourself in the shop window and really show the prem clubs how good you are.

What a load of tripe from Killa's agent on rad Sheff tonight, (cant the player speak for himself)?, all this 'WE' dont want to leave Sheffield, 'WE' are going to re assess the situation at the end of the season....If the £2.5m offer from Newcastle had and substance, we should have taken their hand off and waved goodbye to the half hearted, strolling player we have suffered this season. Staying to the end of the season just means that player and agent can demand a bigger signing on fee in May.

Kilgallons loyalty?

Are you serious?

If he was loyal then he would have signed a contract.

Rather than wait and see who gives him as high a pay packet as he could hope for at the end of the season when no tranfer fee is involved and he gets a healthy signing on fee.

Kilgallons loyalty?

Are you serious?

Rather than wait and see who gives him as high a pay packet as he could hope for at the end of the season when no tranfer fee is involved and he gets a healthy signing on fee.

Learn to read between the lines and you'll see thats what i am questioning

Monty is running back towards his own goal and killa is facing more up the pitch. I cannot believe Monty shouted to him in that situation. I can however believe due to his lack of wanting to put his leg in for fear of injury so near to transfer window that he thought Monty would clatter his leg.

The photo quite clearly shows the ball is at Monty's feet, and watching the video he was in the best position to clear. Regardless of Kilgallon's bravery level, he shouldn't have challenged Monty.

totally agree ollesendro!!im chuffed killa is staying,and i think its the best signing so to speak we could have made,weather he goes or stays at the end of the season is irrelivant to me, what matters is that hes our best defender and with him in the side untill the end of season we have more than a realistic chance of the playoffs,especially with how he and morgs have been playing of late, just hope theres enough cash for a decent midfielder now?

What a load of tripe from Killa's agent on rad Sheff tonight, (cant the player speak for himself)?, all this 'WE' dont want to leave Sheffield, 'WE' are going to re assess the situation at the end of the season....If the £2.5m offer from Newcastle had and substance, we should have taken their hand off and waved goodbye to the half hearted, strolling player we have suffered this season. Staying to the end of the season just means that player and agent can demand a bigger signing on fee in May.

Even if money wasn't a factor his agent wouldn't be doing his job if he advised a 26 year old to extend his contract at a club that has spent 15 of the last 16 seasons in the Championship, while Premiership clubs are showing an interest. It is only natural for footballers to want to play football at the highest level.

The photo quite clearly shows the ball is at Monty's feet, and watching the video he was in the best position to clear. Regardless of Kilgallon's bravery level, he shouldn't have challenged Monty.

The ball came across the front of Killa and should have been easily cleared before it got to Monty's feet. I thought that when i was at the game and reviewed it several times on tele and others think that also.

Killa's been one of the best players this season and would be a massive miss.
Partnership with Morgan works very well and when they're playing along with Walker we have one of the best defences in the league, possibly the best.
Not sure I'd believe he's staying until January's out though.

It's great news for this season, but it's just slowing the process of our reversion to a squad devoid of established (thus costly) talent.

We need to be getting more genuine promise in our squad where at all possible.

The ball came across the front of Killa and should have been easily cleared before it got to Monty's feet. I thought that when i was at the game and reviewed it several times on tele and others think that also.

Well once Monty has decided he's going for the ball there's no way he's going to reconsider, so if Killa had gone for the ball the collision could have been similar to the one between the two wendy players before one of our goals against them in 1991/92. Was it Sheridan and Warhurst? And Whitehouse scored?

Well once Monty has decided he's going for the ball there's no way he's going to reconsider, so if Killa had gone for the ball the collision could have been similar to the one between the two wendy players before one of our goals against them in 1991/92. Was it Sheridan and Warhurst? And Whitehouse scored?

No it would not. Killa did not move forward or back sideward’s he was in the position he is in, in your picture. He went to kick the ball then withdrew his action probably because he saw Monty through his peripheral vision. People around me in the ground could not understand why he withdrew.
He is nearest the ball so he should attack the ball.
He has made similar actions over the past few months whilst the uncertainty of his contract was there. In most people’s view this was his own injury prevention policy.
That did not mean that he was not the best person at the club to play either CB or LB it does mean however that he was not doing it to the best of his ability.
Now that we are told he is staying till his contract runs out, if that is true he should now show the best of himself.

Kilgallons loyalty?

Are you serious?

WTF?!!

Would you sign a new contract if you were him????

Take a step back and see the bigger picture Sunderland. He's from Leeds and has no previous connections with the club. He is clearly good enough for the Premiership (and more importantly some Premiership managers think that). It is very unlikely that Sheffield United will get promoted. He probably doesn't have any respect for our manager. He wants premiership football and hence why would he stay at a team that is unliekly to ofer it?

Have you being going to the games? Have you been watching on tv, reading reports etc? Sure Kilgallon had a feew bad games when the team were not playing well. However either side of our bad run he has been fantastic. Up to him getting injured he was rock solid and he has been the same since we beat Peterborough. Recently against QPR (away) he was easily our best player on the pitch. he read the game and intecerpted eveything. Time and time again QPR steam rollered through our lacklustre midfield only for him to step in and make the vital interception.

But oh no no. He won't sign a contract therefore he is not putting the effort in. Aboslute cobblers.

Am I missing something or wasn't it reported Wednesday AM that he was staying then Wednesday PM that we'd accept a bid in the region of 2/2.5 million from Newcastle and he's going?

Learn to read between the lines and you'll see thats what i am questioning

As a professional why would you expect him to do anything different.

His loyalty is only to honour his agreement, so far he has done that. If we decide to sell him then he has still stayed loyal.

Signing another contract wouldn't prove loyalty, we can't agree terms.
To my mind unless he puts in a transfer request he has remained loyal to his contract.

When he leaves on the free at the summer, and it looks highly likely. He can get more money wages wise from another club, as they will pay no fee for him. I will be super stunned if his agent does a turn around and talks him into staying, he's usually a hard ball in every aspect.

I've just seen a comment about reports, I've seen countless scout reports from clubs premier and championship, and believe me he's not highly rated by many :)

Am I missing something or wasn't it reported Wednesday AM that he was staying then Wednesday PM that we'd accept a bid in the region of 2/2.5 million from Newcastle and he's going?

Santos, if you look at the Star website there is an article saying Blackwell isues warning to newcastle 'sign Killa in one week or not at all', then the next article syas 'Killa wants to stay'.

The only article that says he is on his way is the Express, so it's probably bollocks. There are a host of other articles, from many different sites/papers, that say he is styaing. However, I don't beilve any of it!? I hope Killa stays, but refuse to count my chickens. Until he is still at the Lane after the deadline I won't believe it. it could be a ploy from club and/or player/agent to get more money and more money, better deal/terms (respectively).

I didn't get the opportunity to listen to radio shef last night. What did Killa's agent say?

I'm not sure I understand this thread at all.

Since Killa got himself upto his current level (when Gary Cahill was alongside him) he has been one of the most consistent players we have had.
He has suffered a bad patch this season (as all players do at some time) and this has been put down to some perceived lack of focus/loyalty. This may or may not be the case but as bad runs of form are inevitable I don't see why the two are as intrinsically linked as some do.
I don't remember this "lack of loyalty" being a reason when Morgan (he was the one replaced by Cahill and again by Ugo at times) has had a bad run or, heaven forbid, when Monty has been less than world class.

He may stay to the end of the season or he may go this month, but either way, I don't think he will go owing us a deal (just note there is a thread about Helios Ward lurking around today!).

He went to kick the ball then withdrew his action probably because he saw Monty through his peripheral vision.

Spot on.

The ball was crossed, we had two players who could have made at least some sort of contact with the ball, they both agreed Monty should clear it. At that point there was nothing wrong with anybody's decision making and we avoided having two teammates going for the same ball.

Monty then miskicked.

I thought the fullback was to blame because he daren't get tight to Routledge (sp) because he was already on a booking. Just my opinion obviously.

I thought the fullback was to blame because he daren't get tight to Routledge (sp) because he was already on a booking. Just my opinion obviously.

Yes, Taylor's lack of pace was exposed. Quinn tried to help him out, but couldn't get there either.

WTF?!!

Would you sign a new contract if you were him????

Take a step back and see the bigger picture Sunderland. He's from Leeds and has no previous connections with the club. He is clearly good enough for the Premiership (and more importantly some Premiership managers think that). It is very unlikely that Sheffield United will get promoted. He probably doesn't have any respect for our manager. He wants premiership football and hence why would he stay at a team that is unliekly to ofer it?

Have you being going to the games? Have you been watching on tv, reading reports etc? Sure Kilgallon had a feew bad games when the team were not playing well. However either side of our bad run he has been fantastic. Up to him getting injured he was rock solid and he has been the same since we beat Peterborough. Recently against QPR (away) he was easily our best player on the pitch. he read the game and intecerpted eveything. Time and time again QPR steam rollered through our lacklustre midfield only for him to step in and make the vital interception.

But oh no no. He won't sign a contract therefore he is not putting the effort in. Aboslute cobblers.

Seen EVERY game, never miss one. I dont need to watch TV or read the papers, I am THERE. Killa has strolled through the season so far. Even his agent admits (on his behalf, because he seems unable to speak for himself) that the player has been 'distracted'. Ward was MOTM at QPR, followed by Quinn. Has it occured to you that perhaps the bad run had something to do with Killas lack of commitment at that time?

Spot on.

The ball was crossed, we had two players who could have made at least some sort of contact with the ball, they both agreed Monty should clear it. At that point there was nothing wrong with anybody's decision making and we avoided having two teammates going for the same ball.

Monty then miskicked.

Sorry were you at the match?

if you know anthing about football then it is obvious that Monty running towards his goal and further away than killa (who was in a far better position and facing to clear easily away from his goal) should not be the one to clear.

Sorry were you at the match?

if you know anthing about football then it is obvious that Monty running towards his goal and further away than killa (who was in a far better position and facing to clear easily away from his goal) should not be the one to clear.

Less about me, more about the situation if you want to keep debating please.

I've frozen the photo just before it bounces at Monty's feet. The red cross shows where it's going to drop. The MAIN thing is that one goes for it and the other doesn't.

Attachments

• GoalWatch vs QPR (h) cup2.jpg
    GoalWatch vs QPR (h) cup2.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 82
Seen EVERY game, never miss one. I dont need to watch TV or read the papers, I am THERE. Killa has strolled through the season so far. Even his agent admits (on his behalf, because he seems unable to speak for himself) that the player has been 'distracted'. Ward was MOTM at QPR, followed by Quinn. Has it occured to you that perhaps the bad run had something to do with Killas lack of commitment at that time?

His agent saying he was distracted is far from him 'strolling'. Killa has been one of our better players this season. He had a dip in form which undoubtedly contributed towards the sides dip in form. He missed several games through injury and limped off in a few. We didn't have adequate cover and we suffered.

Killa was my man of the match at QPR. Quinn played very well and was a close second, but shyed away from his defensive duties. Ward looked dangerous but played fairly average.

You ramble on about his 'lack of commitment' but I just don't see it. Apart from a brief spell when he struggled with injury, lost a bit of form and may have been distracted then he has played very well. He has made a significant contribution to our defence looking very solid (again apart from the 6 week spell).

I've frozen the photo just before it bounces at Monty's feet. The red cross shows where it's going to drop. The MAIN thing is that one goes for it and the other doesn't.

Your still does not show Killa drawing away from clearing the ball. It does however show that the ball could be easily cleared by him before it ever got to Monty.
Now play the tape and watch Monty's amazement towards Killa when the ball is it the net.
You were not at the game and the amazement of those that were to him pulling out and peoples comments since are proof enough that he was to blame.
Killa is an experienced enough professional to take command in that situation.
are you actually telling me that the possibly best defender at the club in a defensive situation was told to leave it by Monty?

Your still does not show Killa drawing away from clearing the ball. It does however show that the ball could be easily cleared by him before it ever got to Monty.
Now play the tape and watch Monty's amazement towards Killa when the ball is it the net.
You were not at the game and the amazement of those that were to him pulling out and peoples comments since are proof enough that he was to blame.
are you actually telling me that the possibly best defender at the club in a defensive situation was told to leave it by Monty?

His agent saying he was distracted is far from him 'strolling'. Killa has been one of our better players this season. He had a dip in form which undoubtedly contributed towards the sides dip in form. He missed several games through injury and limped off in a few. We didn't have adequate cover and we suffered.

Killa was my man of the match at QPR. Quinn played very well and was a close second, but shyed away from his defensive duties. Ward looked dangerous but played fairly average.

You ramble on about his 'lack of commitment' but I just don't see it. Apart from a brief spell when he struggled with injury, lost a bit of form and may have been distracted then he has played very well. He has made a significant contribution to our defence looking very solid (again apart from the 6 week spell).

No, we suffered when Killa was in the team. That period when he didnt even communicate with his colleagues, when there was clearly some bad feeling in the dressing room. I have watched him Stroll, want me to list the games? The '6 week spell' (more like 8) amounts to almost a third of the season so far. Anyway, I still think he will be gone by the end of January. His agents posturing was only as a result of the club saying that the deal had to be done by the end of the first week in Jan. Fools nobody.

Players and fans' facial expressions have no relevance when it comes to video analysing conceded goals. Killa being "experienced/professional enough" or "possibly best defender" are also irrelevant, as is his conceived bravery, contractual situation or his agent's comments in the press. It is vital to remain neutral.

The reason Kilgallon didn't go for the ball was that he felt Monty was in a better position to clear. If he had gone for the ball that dropped right at the feet of Monty they could have collided. The photo below shows how close they are as the ball drops, even after Killa withdrew.

Anyways, agree to disagree? ;)

Attachments

• GoalWatch vs QPR (h) cup3.jpg
    GoalWatch vs QPR (h) cup3.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 64

Back
Top Bottom