Kilgallon's Loyalty

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

boo radley

Reaction score
How wonderful. Maybe now he will put a proper tackle in. A player who's played at 30% below his best all season because he had his own self interest and who can blame him?
At fault for the goal against QPR - pull your leg back matt like a can can dancer.
Now Monty for all his failings would have cleared that ball in that situation even if it meant getting his leg kicked off.
So Killa now's your chance to put yourself in the shop window and really show the prem clubs how good you are.

Now Monty for all his failings would have cleared that ball in that situation even if it meant getting his leg kicked off.

He'd not have had the chance to do that, having given away a needless penalty seconds earlier.

How wonderful. Maybe now he will put a proper tackle in. A player who's played at 30% below his best all season because he had his own self interest and who can blame him?

He had a temporary dip in form about november time and was well below par for about three or four games. Apart from that he has been the same Killa all season for me. Ive seen worse performers.

I think in the last few matches he has been first class and actually worth offering a contract to. The previous games I thought he was phoning his performances in.

He'd not have had the chance to do that, having given away a needless penalty seconds earlier.

What you talking about willis?

Maybe he wouldn't have the chance to give away a penalty because he was in police custody for touching kids.

At fault for the goal against QPR - pull your leg back matt like a can can dancer.
So Killa now's your chance to put yourself in the shop window and really show the prem clubs how good you are.

Is this the same monty who has given away 2 penalties this season? The same Monty that was at fault for goals scored by QPR, Coventry and Swansea??

You can question Kilgallons commintment to the club, but not his performances. He has been a rock for the most part of this season. he sured up the left back position when we desperately needed it and has been very good at CB. Have you noticed that when him and Morgs play together we generally tend not to concede goals? Beofre he got injured/flu etc we had a very good defensive record. Our upsurge in form recently has come from Morgan and kilgallon being solid in their defensive partnership again. Of course there is more to it thatn that, but if you don't concede goals then you have a much better chance of winning games. Killa sounds like a tosser, looks like a wanker and clearly doesn't give a toss about the Blades. However he is the best defender at the club. Not only that but he is solid. I will be sorry to see him go!

Is this the same monty who has given away 2 penalties this season? The same Monty that was at fault for goals scored by QPR, Coventry and Swansea??

You can question Kilgallons commintment to the club, but not his performances. He has been a rock for the most part of this season. he sured up the left back position when we desperately needed it and has been very good at CB. Have you noticed that when him and Morgs play together we generally tend not to concede goals? Beofre he got injured/flu etc we had a very good defensive record. Our upsurge in form recently has come from Morgan and kilgallon being solid in their defensive partnership again. Of course there is more to it thatn that, but if you don't concede goals then you have a much better chance of winning games. Killa sounds like a tosser, looks like a wanker and clearly doesn't give a toss about the Blades. However he is the best defender at the club. Not only that but he is solid. I will be sorry to see him go!

Yes i can question his performances and if he had stuck his leg out QPR wouldn't have scored that goal.
I never said he wasnt a good player or infered that but he has been looking after himself through lack of commitment in certain situations.
I also think Morgan has made him a better player and that Morgan is better for our club. Notice i didnt say a better footballer.

He had a temporary dip in form about november time and was well below par for about three or four games. Apart from that he has been the same Killa all season for me. Ive seen worse performers.

I think that's fair comment. He was truly shocking for month or so, and acceptable for the most of the remainder. But we shouldn't forget just how bad he was for that time.

As such it would be rather funny if no Premiership club came in for him when his contract expires.

One aspect of this decision I do like is that Killa has basically stuck two fingers up to Newcastle. Having read Newcastle fans' views they see themselves as being able to attract any player from this league because of who they are. I found it really annoying that they have such a superior view of themselves for no real reason and glad that someone has put knocked them back a bit.

Sorry mate his poor form started before that - he was responsible for both goals against WBA and one against P Vale.

UTB

Sorry mate his poor form started before that - he was responsible for both goals against WBA and one against P Vale.

UTB

He was injured during the game against West Brom and I didn't make the Port Vale game so I will take your word for that. I think he's played well generally. Just my opinion - ive seen more good performances from him than bad ones.

Everybody was performing shite at that time though!!

Sod it though, if its true and he stays lets get behind him and the team and get the hell out of this division. If not we wont be seeing him next season!!

Yes i can question his performances and if he had stuck his leg out QPR wouldn't have scored that goal.
I never said he wasnt a good player or infered that but he has been looking after himself through lack of commitment in certain situations.
I also think Morgan has made him a better player and that Morgan is better for our club. Notice i didnt say a better footballer.

I can't comment on the QPR goal as I haven't seen it. Even if he was at fault (i'll take your word he was) then that is one goal. He was at fault for a goal against West Brom earlier in the season (out muscled by Bednar) so that is 2. That's 40% of your beloved Monty!?

So come on then what performances? The games I've seen recently Kilgallon has been one of the best players. At QPR away he was truly class. he stopped everything and there was no way past. Notice how in Deadbats reports he has rarely scored less than a 7 in the last few months.

I agree that him and Morgan play better with each other and compliment each other. A stopper and a quick centre half usually do work together. I also agree with you that Morgan is better for the club. However, I completely and utterly disagree with you that Kilgallon has been playing 30% less than his best. That (in my view) is complete and utter nonsense!?

It is all well and good that Killgallon and his agent have come out and declared that he is now happy to stay until the end of the season but i wonder how the money men at BDTBL would feel about passing up a couple of million quid by allowing him to leave on a free at the end of the season (not to mention the cost of his wages until he departs in comparison to the, no doubt, cheaper replacement).

I rate him very highly but if he thinks he is making some grand gesture by staying until the end of the season i personally feel that he needs to think again; if he wants to stay at the club he should sign a new contract.

I would also have to question why this statement of intent has come from the player and his agent rather then the club; just who is in charge of transfer dealing down at BDTBL?

I know that we have imposed a deadline for the deal but for him to be the one to come out and draw a line under the matter doesn't reflect too well on the club in my opinion.

It is all well and good that Killgallon and his agent have come out and declared that he is now happy to stay until the end of the season but i wonder how the money men at BDTBL would feel about passing up a couple of million quid by allowing him to leave on a free at the end of the season (not to mention the cost of his wages until he departs in comparison to the, no doubt, cheaper replacement).

I rate him very highly but if he thinks he is making some grand gesture by staying until the end of the season i personally feel that he needs to think again; if he wants to stay at the club he should sign a new contract.

I would also have to question why this statement of intent has come from the player and his agent rather then the club; just who is in charge of transfer dealing down at BDTBL?

I know that we have imposed a deadline for the deal but for him to be the one to come out and draw a line under the matter doesn't reflect too well on the club in my opinion.

I agree with nearly all of the above. The same questions come to my mind.

I can't comment on the QPR goal as I haven't seen it. Even if he was at fault (i'll take your word he was) then that is one goal. He was at fault for a goal against West Brom earlier in the season (out muscled by Bednar) so that is 2. That's 40% of your beloved Monty!?

So come on then what performances? The games I've seen recently Kilgallon has been one of the best players. At QPR away he was truly class. he stopped everything and there was no way past. Notice how in Deadbats reports he has rarely scored less than a 7 in the last few months.

I agree that him and Morgan play better with each other and compliment each other. A stopper and a quick centre half usually do work together. I also agree with you that Morgan is better for the club. However, I completely and utterly disagree with you that Kilgallon has been playing 30% less than his best. That (in my view) is complete and utter nonsense!?

On the 30% issue then we'll have to disagree but it does show how much better i think he could be and now maybe we'll see that now the distraction has gone.
MY BELOVED MONTY! he was used to highlight the difference in players and commitment to cause. Which he can never be questioned on, other aspects of his game we all question.

We have given the lad a contract, therefore hes entitled to see it through and the club cant force him to move. Thats how these contracts work. Thats why he can draw a line under the matter and the club doesnt even have a pencil never mind a ruler/straight edge.

I fear that this all may be a charade for Kilgallon getting his favoured contract and the club getting a better price. I won't believe anything until the dealine is past.

However, if this is true and we are keeping him to the end of the season this is a massive boost!!!

Keeping him is better than any signing we will or could make in January. If Killa stays fit and works hard (which he still has big incentives to do) then we stand a much better chance of getting in the play offs. Morgan and Kilgallon have forged a very good partnership and they are the key to us being a solid unit. Deadabat (along with many others) have stated that we'll finsih between 5th and 10th this season. I agree with this and think that with Kilgallon in the team it is much liklier ot be closer to 5th than 10th.

Personally Jodman i couldn't give a flying fuck about whether this is a grand gesture of whatever. What matter is that he stays wearing a Blades shirt until the end of the season!! As User name points out, he is under contract until the end of the season and that is that. He signed a 3 and a half year deal and it doesn't finish until this summer.

Somebody mentioned money. We had this debate before and Robbie (I think) put forward a very persuasive argument for keeping Killa and not cashing in. If we are only talking about less than a million for a transfer fee then i thinbk we should keep him. £500/600k what Newcastle are offering is an insult. Fuck em!? if you think the likelehood of us getting in the play offs with killa in the team and associated revenue from tv, extra money from gates etc as compared to money gained from his transfer fee, the cost of a replacement, money lost in wages etc then there is a convincing argument for him to stay.

Killa's been one of the best players this season and would be a massive miss.
Partnership with Morgan works very well and when they're playing along with Walker we have one of the best defences in the league, possibly the best.
Not sure I'd believe he's staying until January's out though.

I think if you added Naysmith into that back four and aren't putting half hearted performances in I'd agree.

Am I being cynical but if he leaves at the end of the season he'll be a free so whatever club signs him (including us) will be getting for nowt therefore he'll be wanting even more than the alleged £28k a week he is currently after, fair play to him for playing the game, hope his commitment level is higher than we've seen so far this season though, below the standard he had previously set for himself

You normally see the best out of players who are in their last 6 months contract.

He'll play out of his skin.

Is it certain he's not going? Daily Express says he is going to Newcy for two mil.

Don't like the look of this then...money talks

MATTHEW KILGALLON has agreed to join Newcastle after Sheffield United accepted a £2million offer.

Sheffield United centre-back Matthew Kilgallon, a former England Under-21 international, snubbed Wolves, Bolton and Burnley to join Chris Hughton's side and will hold talks and undergo a medical today.

The fee will rise to £2.5m if the Magpies win promotion

MATTHEW KILGALLON has agreed to join Newcastle after Sheffield United accepted a £2million offer.

Sheffield United centre-back Matthew Kilgallon, a former England Under-21 international, snubbed Wolves, Bolton and Burnley to join Chris Hughton's side and will hold talks and undergo a medical today.

I've been checking Sky on this nothing confirmed yet Pittsburg Blade.

I'd be very surprised if we got £2 million (plus) for him. IF we were offered that then McCabe would snatch Mike Ashley's hand off!!?!

Right back at ya Pittsburgh .....

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc...lon-snubs-chance-to-join-nufc-72703-25537254/

Boo Radley, have a look at the photo below. It shows that Killa pulls out of the situation, but probably because Monty (bit ironic :rolleyes: ) gets involved. Monty is in a better position to clear and may possibly have shouted to Killgallon that he is going to go for it. However Monty's attempted kick doesn't even make contact with the ball, and it bounces on to Simpson, who scores.

Speaking generally, I think we as fans sometimes let contract situations and body language influence what we think of players.

(FAO: Raul, Simpson was probably Geary's man.... :eek: ;) )

Attachments

• GoalWatch vs QPR (h) fa cup.jpg
    GoalWatch vs QPR (h) fa cup.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 249

Back
Top Bottom