Incoming? Kevin Nisbet

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As things stand, we'll start next season with 6 strikers on our books. I can't see us signing any more.
mcgoldrick and sharp not certain to be good enough with their age and mousset possibly being moved on could leave room for 2 more strikers in the summer

As things stand, we'll start next season with 6 strikers on our books. I can't see us signing any more.
For what the lads would likely cost it’s worth swinging the bat and hoping you hit a six. Also as has been pointed out didsy and billy are at an age where any off season could be the one where there legs go. Mousset might be playing for his job the rest of season aswell he needs to demonstrate his fitness and application.

For what the lads would likely cost it’s worth swinging the bat and hoping you hit a six. Also as has been pointed out didsy and billy are at an age where any off season could be the one where there legs go. Mousset might be playing for his job the rest of season aswell he needs to demonstrate his fitness and application.

whilst this is all well and good, we're paying them top Championship wages. We can't just bring more and more players in. I also doubt anyone will give us money for Mousset.

whilst this is all well and good, we're paying them top Championship wages. We can't just bring more and more players in. I also doubt anyone will give us money for Mousset.
Wages is a fair point but I think we could recoup some money for Mousset he’s hardly bottomed out yet not cutting at a Orem club isn’t a career ender someone will take him if we offer him whether that be here or abroad.

Wages is a fair point but I think we could recoup some money for Mousset he’s hardly bottomed out yet not cutting at a Orem club isn’t a career ender someone will take him if we offer him whether that be here or abroad.

We might get an offer if they only watch 45 minutes of a game. You'd be crackers to sign a player incapable of lasting 90 minutes and constantly injured.

We might get an offer if they only watch 45 minutes of a game. You'd be crackers to sign a player incapable of lasting 90 minutes and constantly injured.
It depends clubs take on reclamation projects all the time thinking they’ll be the ones to turn it round

No 10 looked a better player in that clip!
Quick, carried the ball well, looked for the pass and made it at the right time.

I was about to post exactly the same before I came across this - it had all the hallmarks of a Mark Duffy move and pass .

Long before he left us , many on here said he would be difficult to replace and they were right . The fact that we never have , or even tried to to the best of my knowledge , is a major factor in our poor goalscoring record over the last 18 months imo . The flat midfield has been exactly that , with bells on .

Turned down a 2mil bid from Millwall. Must be waiting on the embargo to lift and join a promotion team!!!!🙂

Would be a horrendous buy even if we didn’t go up imo. If this is the type of player we’re looking at to keep us in the prem then we’re fucked.

Would be a horrendous buy even if we didn’t go up imo. If this is the type of player we’re looking at to keep us in the prem then we’re fucked.

I don't know anything about this lad.

He's more Nesbit than Nisbet from what I've seen

Seems there's more interest from other championship teams than us; i.e those more likely to be in the Championship next season than us! ;) I can't imagine he'll be of interest if we go up but we'll see.

Surely there has to be a few decent Scottish players? When Fleck arrived at United he was exceptional and proved to be a great signing? After an iffy start for the Blades Paul Coutts became a superb player for United, in fact a personal favourite of mine.

So yes, they're out there if a club is willing to invest time in finding the type of player to improve our squad.

Nisbet is 26 though and at that age he needs to play regularly, I'm not so sure he'd be able to make the step up to the championship let alone the PL. We need players capable of hitting the ground running next season. There's some gems up in Scotland but think unless we're signing a young un to send out on loan then I don't think Scotland is going to be a market for us personally. Think we're far more likely to be looking at International players from Europe who are already playing in a decent league like France for example.

He's scored a pen against Celtic for Hibs who are leading 4-2 after being 2-1 down.

Surely there has to be a few decent Scottish players? When Fleck arrived at United he was exceptional and proved to be a great signing? After an iffy start for the Blades Paul Coutts became a superb player for United, in fact a personal favourite of mine.

So yes, they're out there if a club is willing to invest time in finding the type of player to improve our squad.
Scottish football has been circling the drain for decades. The last truly great Scottish-born and trained footballer was Andy Robertson. Most of the top Scottish talent right now is English-born and/or trained.

Does anyone outside of Scotland actually know how the SPL works?

Back
Top Bottom