Incoming? Kevin Nisbet

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Belvedere Blade

Reaction score

Sheffield United keen on Hibs ace​

English Premier League club Sheffield United are monitoring Hibs striker Kevin Nisbet after an impressive start to life as a Premiership striker at Easter Road (Scottish Sun)

Gerrim in. What a goalscoring record (albeit Scotland). Sounds like one for maybe next season.

He is good and I'd be gutted to see him leave Hibs.

Strengths: Can score all sorts of goals, willing to play deeper when he has too, tireless effort, good at dead balls.

Weakness: Works better as part of a front two. He has been at his best when our big second striker (Former Forrest Green goal machine Christian Doidge) is making space and troubling defenders. When asked to play up top alone he can get isolated.

He has the potential to go all the way certainly, and has made the step up every time he has moved to a bigger challenge in Scotland, but might still be a bit raw for the Prem. That said, the same could be said of Brewster and, from what I've seen of both this season, Nisbet is a hell of a lot better than him and will cost about a tenth so...

Strengths: Can score all sorts of goals, willing to play deeper when he has too, tireless effort, good at dead balls.

Weakness: Works better as part of a front two. He has been at his best when our big second striker (Former Forrest Green goal machine Christian Doidge) is making space and troubling defenders. When asked to play up top alone he can get isolated.

He has the potential to go all the way certainly, and has made the step up every time he has moved to a bigger challenge in Scotland, but might still be a bit raw for the Prem. That said, the same could be said of Brewster and, from what I've seen of both this season, Nisbet is a hell of a lot better than him and will cost about a tenth so...

Porty. FACT.

Looks like it'll be Sunshine on Leith for us Hibby if the rumour is true

Could he operate as a link man or is he more of an out and out goal scorer? As a long term successor to didsy is a gaping hole in our attacking options.

His name sounds like someone who Stoke would have signed during the peak-Pulis era

No 10 looked a better player in that clip!
Quick, carried the ball well, looked for the pass and made it at the right time.

Martin Boyle. He is Hibs best player. Aussie international. Very fast and tricky winger that can chip in with goals. Just signed a new three year contract. Stoke were sniffing in the summer. He'd be more of Burke type signing than a solution to our lack of goals though.

Could he operate as a link man or is he more of an out and out goal scorer? As a long term successor to didsy is a gaping hole in our attacking options.
More of a fox in the box. 12 goals and 3 assists so far this season.

More of a fox in the box. 12 goals and 3 assists so far this season.
Interesting if he does come in then because I’d have said they were brewsters strengths too. When Brewster came in I assumed he was sharps long term replacement but maybe wilder wants two of that type of player.

Watched a few of his goals on Youtube just now. He can certainly finish well - all right foot though. I'm not convinced he's pacey though as described as such on the Hibs website. Looks a good player and I would guess one for next season, or maybe we could buy now and loan him back to Hibs or elsewhere. I wonder if any of our current forwards will leave? We've said this every window, but wonder if Billy will take one of the opportunities that will inevitably come his way again, he must be frustrated at the lack of game time.

What is it with Wilder and scottish players. When will he learn that a lot of them are shite

I like him, has got a real eye for goal!
Not sure he’d score that many with the service our midfield are giving at present.

As things stand, we'll start next season with 6 strikers on our books. I can't see us signing any more.

Back
Top Bottom