Kevin McCabe says..................

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Which means ??? In McCabe speak that could just mean he's going to carry on going to watch the team?? Did he elaborate on what he meant?

If he is staying as chairman, from what I've been told part of the deal with the Prince activating the buy-out clause is that if he doesn't buy him out, McCabe can go the other way and buy Prince out (whether that is for the £1 he sold if for, or a fair market price, I don't know on that one).

It's for the £1. For what possible reason could it be any more......?

Btw, the club statement states that SU instigated it. As stated on here more than once.

...said it before but if McCabe doesn’t want Princey taking over it ain’t going to happen...hopefully resolved swiftly as this could be a ‘massive’ clusterfuck if not.

You're damn right, he's just spent an evening on the pop at TCs 50th Anniversary dinner .

The Prince wasn't there.
The Prince was at the game, not pissing it up 80 miles away .........

I think it were him anyway ..... :rolleyes:

I've got a feelin' in my water that we're heading out on a Silk Route expedition....

The thing is, how can he hold negotiations to sell the club in good faith while openly telling people he’s “going nowhere”? Makes a mockery of the negotiations doesn’t it?

Or he could just mean that even if he sells control of the club he will still be hanging around in some sort of honorary role?

He actually said "l'm going nowhere, you're my best mate pal, hic, let's do some more shots"

Here we go again same owd same owd. Got co owners and niether have the wealth to take us up a level. I couldnt give a toss who goes or stays they have taken us as far as they can. Without huge investment this is as good as it is going to get. Just a word for the Prince's detractors we havent sold our best playrrs in the last few windows which says a lot. If we did get huge Chinese investment would they be at the lane for evrry match ? I very much doubt it

McCabe is like a mate's thrifty dad (or maybe your own dad), who still insists that the old valve radio in the corner is perfectly adequate when everyone else have got stereos or that there's nothing wrong with the 22" Rediffusion TV on legs when everyone has massive swanky flat screens.

He won't stop you enjoying Match of the Day and Gardener's Question Time - just don't expect to enjoy them in HD and stereo...

But a good vinyl replay system sounds at least as good as a digital set up, though my stylus is worth more than my car. :eek:

Tbh, is the Prince ever here?

Always watching from afar is all well and good, but does nothing to endear him to the fans

Yes, money talks, especially serious money, but does he have it?

If McCabe has other investors lined up then that's the best way forward for me. McCabe holding the fort gives the club security, which is better imo than the Chanser scenario of owning all the assets, but who knows what would happen if he got bored with it all and sold up. Would he give much of a damn to who he sold to? Would he care?

Nothing more important than the safeguard of the football club we all love
I believe he was at the Leeds game

That’s what he said about James Beattie, Nick Blackman, Harry Maguire.

Don’t get the McCabe love in, six years in the third tier numerous awful footballing decisions,countless lies told.

But he’s a Blade so gets away with it.

Far better with a No-Chance -iere type then ?

At least we would have our own taxi firm...

Attracting other investors ought not to be too hard. We are a well run club, doing well under the current manager. He is likely to want to stay and prove himself and any decent investor would want that too.

Btw, the club statement states that SU instigated it. As stated on here more than once.
Got to pull you up on this Sean as you are normally very precise with your statements:
"In response to a process commenced by Sheffield United Limited, on 26th January 2018 UTB LLC, a company controlled by the Prince, served a notice exercising an option to purchase the remaining 50% of Blades Leisure from Sheffield United Limited. "
I could be wrong but I see the 'takeover' could be a reaction to something else United did (perhaps asking for increased investment or maybe something else).

Got to pull you up on this Sean as you are normally very precise with your statements:
"In response to a process commenced by Sheffield United Limited, on 26th January 2018 UTB LLC, a company controlled by the Prince, served a notice exercising an option to purchase the remaining 50% of Blades Leisure from Sheffield United Limited. "
I could be wrong but I see the 'takeover' could be a reaction to something else United did (perhaps asking for increased investment or maybe something else).

What do you think "process commenced" means?

Definitely good news. The thought of HRH having sole ownership didn’t fill me with confidence. Kevin McCabe has his faults but the thought of the kind of turmoil experienced across the city is scary. Not saying the Prince would cause that but I feel having a proper Blade at the helm is overall a good thing.

We had that turmoil and worse thanks to McCabe's ownership post Premier League 06/07....

How are we being held back now? Narrowly defeated away in the cup with a majority second string side, sitting in a decent position in our first season back in the championship after being top 3 for a while.

Strengthened in the summer and strengthened in jan....

It’s on the agenda. That’s all that matters.

It's for the £1. For what possible reason could it be any more......?

I trust the word on the street in Handsworth more than statements.

What do you think "process commenced" means?

I don't think the first part of the sentence is that clear, from the whole sentence it would appear that a company owned by the Prince is exercising it's option to purchase McCabe's 50% shares. And all the initial press was indicating that the Prince was buying McCabe out.

I don't think the first part of the sentence is that clear, from the whole sentence it would appear that a company owned by the Prince is exercising it's option to purchase McCabe's 50% shares. And all the initial press was indicating that the Prince was buying McCabe out.

It's clear to me. SU commenced the process. What else could it mean? They didn't?

But a good vinyl replay system sounds at least as good as a digital set up, though my stylus is worth more than my car. :eek:
beat me to it.. good.. i wish i'd have kept hold of my Marshall JCM800 .. huge box full of valves.. sounded superb.

Back
Top Bottom