Player Suggestion Kemar Roofe

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I can see we are interested but we probably have a list of about 10 forwards and it's just a case of which two out of the ten we can get and obviously you have your preferences in that list, McBnrnie probably at the top.

If he was available for £5m....then we should be all over this potential deal.

Hes a very good player and i would bet that if we got him for that, he would be worth a lot more in 12 months time after a stint in the PL. He might be as thick as mince but then we wouldn't be paying him to do interviews.

If he was available for £5m....then we should be all over this potential deal.

Hes a very good player and i would bet that if we got him for that, he would be worth a lot more in 12 months time after a stint in the PL. He might be as thick as mince but then we wouldn't be paying him to do interviews.

After reading the reaction from various Leeds fans about them selling Jansson for £5m, for them to then sell us Roofe for £5m would be even more hilarious.

It’s a weird one because before Bielsa, the Leeds fans I know thought Roofe was a donkey. Then last season he completely transformed. Shows that it happens.

Thought this could be one to crop up again with Leeds selling players bizarrely cheap. Not only Jansson, but arguably Clarke too.

Worth serious consideration at that price.

Will definitely be one of our alternatives to Maupay.

Could possibly even sign him and Callum Robinson for the same price as Maupay.

Sam Gallagher who didn't kick a ball last year is going for 5. No way Roofe does. Utter bollocks.

Agree re Roofes price but he might be gettable for not much more and thats a risk worth taking. He played down the right for Oxford so also covers a couple of positons.

Thought this could be one to crop up again with Leeds selling players bizarrely cheap. Not only Jansson, but arguably Clarke too.

Worth serious consideration at that price.

Will definitely be one of our alternatives to Maupay.

Could possibly even sign him and Callum Robinson for the same price as Maupay.

I put Roofe in the same group as Watkins and Robinson and potentially would have a good partnership with any type of player. The only partnership I don’t see is Maupay and Sharp. If you can get McBurnie and Roofe/Robinson for 20m I think I would go that route

Go get him if it saves us £15m

Agree, sometimes it’s about value for money.
The significant factor with our targets, is that we are deliberately targeting players that have NEVER played in the PL.
They are all risks, so the norm is that they are cheaper and offer better value.

20 million for Maupay is a ridiculous price, he’s no pedigree and only had ONE good season in his career, could be a 1 season wonder.
At lease Freeman has performed well over a number of seasons.
Appears that BFC don’t want to sell, so we need to pursue other options.

The significant factor with our targets, is that we are deliberately targeting players that have NEVER played in the PL.
They are all risks, so the norm is that they are cheaper and offer better value.

20 million for Maupay is a ridiculous price, he’s no pedigree and only had ONE good season in his career, could be a 1 season wonder.

Depends on how you define value. If Maupay scores 15-20 goals and we stay up for another season £20m is excellent value. If we buy Roofe for £5m and he scores <10 goals and we are relegated it represents poor value.

Depends on how you define value. If Maupay scores 15-20 goals and we stay up for another season £20m is excellent value. If we buy Roofe for £5m and he scores <10 goals and we are relegated it represents poor value.

True, but my point is
There’s little evidence to suggest that Maupay will cope in the PL better then Roofe.
Normally teams prefer to buy low risk, proven track record, seen and done it players.
Buying potential is risky and tends to be cheap.
So not sure why we’d pay so much for Maupay, when he’s relatively unproven.
Maupay isn’t even a proven striker at Championship level, apart from his ONE season (last season) when he was fantastic.
Suppose he’s very young though, so could end up being a really top player. Who knows?

Value for money is only represented by setting out targets and achieving them, our target is avoiding relegation next season and if we achieve that then every fucker will be value for money.

In short someone could cost zero or someone could cost £20M, the price is irrelevant if we don’t stay up.

We’ll only know at the end of the season if they represented value for money or not.

Are the injuries he had last season a trend? He was out a lot at the backend of the season.

He has the personality of a quorn dipper too, which is a bit of a bummer.

Wilder knows him and has previously expressed an interest, seems to be an ideal economic fit for us at £5 million which I also think is a realistic price.

I'd be happy with mcburnie and Robinson/Watkins/Gayle/roofe but if maupay is our number one target then he is obviously key to the way the manager wants us to play

True, but my point is
There’s little evidence to suggest that Maupay will cope in the PL better then Roofe.
Normally teams prefer to buy low risk, proven track record, seen and done it players.
Buying potential is risky and tends to be cheap.
So not sure why we’d pay so much for Maupay, when he’s relatively unproven.
Maupay isn’t even a proven striker at Championship level, apart from his ONE season (last season) when he was fantastic.
Suppose he’s very young though, so could end up being a really top player. Who knows?
There’s plenty of evidence but we’re not party to it. There will be numerous scouting reports and numerous stats available and it’s Wilder’s job to interpret all that and make a decision. We’re only going on what we’ve seen in a few games.

And I don’t believe for one minute Roofe will be sold for less than £10m.

Image result for ah go on meme

Back
Top Bottom