Keith Edwards quote "Pathetic"

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As I said on Saturday, those of you preparing for Louis Reed and DCL to spearhead a successful future are going to be disappointed.

Anyone who thought Doncaster was any sirt of new dawn needs to pluck their head out of the clouds.

UTB

DCL looked way out of his depth.

He wasn't great on Saturday either.

He needs encouraging and developing but atm for me he's not good enough.

Worst performance I have seen from United team!
No movement,no creativity,negative from the start,tactically useless,accomplished sideways back passing losers,
Worst display ever from a blades team .............move over barney I'm climbing on mate.
Well done though to young Long without whom it could have been another thrashing
and to the 700 plus blades who made the trip on a fowl freezing February night.
When Bury do the double the fat lady sings.

For me.Reed needs players to pass to. When he doesn't perform I'm never sure if it's him or the others.

We.were.disjointed and pedestrian tonight. Not sure what Reed could have done.
A bit like every other time I've seen him play then. At 18 there's plenty of time either way.

My objection is to the jokers who suggest that players like him and DCL are our imminent future.

UTB

I found my 100 years 100 goals VHS video today. I wish I still had a video. That team wasn't the most cultured but they had balls and went for the jugular. Two centre forwards who worked as a pair and set each other up. Scaring the shit out of defences with their presence, height, pace, strength and skill. A free scoring winger (Bryson) signed from part time Scottish footy but who came with a level of character that meant he rose to the challenge and grasped his chance with both hands.

A different world and the first season I was able to go down the lane on my own so a special one for me. (Not on my own but without parents)

One sub. Black boots. Standing. Players that went down the pub and lived in Woodseats. Replica shirts that were changed every two years rather than having four every year. A little man hanging numbers on a board to give you scores rather than the tinterweb. Fences. About two coppers and no stewards. Ten pence on the bus. Opposing teams who genuinely looked like pub teams. . . . We smashed the league that year. The next two properly got me hooked.

The buggers

Never heard Keith like that before. The team ought to be made to listen to all his comments from tonights game.

He sounded so depressed and pissed off I thought he was going to do himself in at half time.

Easy to blame the kids hey
You'd better take that up with someone who is then.

But back to the point I made, I take it you aren't foolish enough to think Reed or Lewin are going to be an integral part of a promotion winning team next season, which is the point I've been making.

UTB

Was it that bad ? Edwards said it was the worst hed seen United play I would like to reserve judgement and wait to hear comments from fans that actually went. Crewe was bad if this was worse !!!!!
No the worst will be v Port Vale

So the three players involved in the "new dawn" at Donny all get hauled off. How's that work then?

At least if it is a youthful/positive side battling through till the end & getting beaten, there's a bit of hope about the direction we're pointing in. But the bit of youth & little bit of positivity get canned when the going's not good.

The lack of strategy & direction is glaring. It's just react, react, react.

Adkins needs to sort himself out & show a few glimmers of why & how he actually got sides promoted from this division.
Lucks like luck was responsible..or more likely he's degenerated into the useless twat he is now, since Reading. Lets be right, hes a fucking joke.

Nothing can motivate them, not only are they shit but they are lazy bastards too. How couldAdkins not see he had been left a sack of turds by Clough??

He can see that he has been left a sack of turds but he can't flush them down the bog.

Maybe so, after all McCabe, Phipps and co are not going to tell us the truth are they? Probably no money available.

Are these are "turds" that floated up to fifth and shat all over Southampton and West Ham last season? They really didn't need much polishing.

How did those turds do in the play offs? Get to the final?

The scariest think is that I think we will have almost the same squad next season, NA will say we have the nuclierse of a promotion winning team. Baxter, McCeveley, Coutts, Reed, Scougall, Harris, JCR, Flynn and if we can keep Hammond, Edger and Sammon!

How did those turds do in the play offs? Get to the final?

No, but we won't even get to experience a gutsy, battling play-off failure this season. I guess it's probably for the best.

No, but we won't even get to experience a gutsy, battling play-off failure this season. I guess it's probably for the best.

Gutsy and battling are words you would rarely describe players that have played for us over the past few seasons.

Just got back. Not a lot I can say really. Best I can offer is I thought Adams had scored but cleared off the line and they could have scored another 2 or three but for some great saves.

Oh and the Balti pies were nice if a little cool. o_O

Today listening to Keith Edwards on Radio Sheffield is the reason why im glad he is our pundit, because I feel I can trust majority of his views also because I want a guy who isnt PC, tells it like it is & will throw some verbal punches if needed & made me laugh 20 mins to go, as j felt same at wigan when I was sat in the beginnings of storm imogen. Something like im cold wet & i wanna go home

He's got pretty much the same squad that got to the League Cup semi final and 5th in the league last year. I would give my left bollock for that this season!

I'm no Clough lover and towards the end I wanted him to go but Adkins has been pathetic.

You take any teams best player away and there likely to fall.

Gutsy and battling are words you would rarely describe players that have played for us over the past few seasons.

I was being flippant about Swindon, but I disagree with you about the players Adkins inherited. Two successive cup semi-finals weren't flukes.

There was the nucleus of a promotion team there, particularly if allowed to play with the freedom Clough gave them in the cup games.

It just needed a clear game plan and a few quality additions. Unfortunately we were lumbered with Sammon, Hammond and Woolford.

Back
Top Bottom