Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?
One positive that i did see for the hours worth of football he played last season was ..... he passed forward most of the time, more of this next season please
You say that …100k or 150k he definitely won't be needing to shop in the reduced price aisle at Aldi!
Wilder will soon knock that out of him.One positive that i did see for the hours worth of football he played last season was ..... he passed forward most of the time, more of this next season please
Doubt they're checking fictional websites.When Doku and O'Reilly see how much Phillips is on...
View attachment 238109
View attachment 238110View attachment 238111
Or the very least tapped up. Weer's tappin' up? Bloody tinpot.At least agree terms!
Will be good to check back to this thread next May, won't it.Good. Get it done. Quality player at this level.
Can anyone see city paying him off 2 years of his contract honestly or him walking away for what utd can offer him maybe 25k aweek tops ! Even on loan .Will be good to check back to this thread next May, won't it.
We can check it next May now if you want. In the quantum field, past, present and future all exist in a single moment.Will be good to check back to this thread next May, won't it.
He’s not found any kind of form for three years. A preseason is as much use as a hole punched condom.I know everyone seems to be hating on this but, I think Phillips at this level and with a pre season and is wanting to play, I can't see much wrong with this.
If he can find the form he had in his leeds days then happy days, as long as we are not footing the full amount of wages then what is not to like?
he not been playing week in week out for three years, maybe the reason he fancies it here at United is that he can get back to playing a lot more and hopefully find that elusive form?He’s not found any kind of form for three years. A preseason is as much use as a hole punched condom.
It will indeed. Last year the same people pissing their pants over this were crowing about how progressive and modern Sellès and our recruitment was. Any negativity was mocked. Any pointing out the complete garbage we were signing arrogantly dismissed. And here they all are again, so smug and sure of themselves still.Will be good to check back to this thread next May, won't it.
I know everyone seems to be hating on this but, I think Phillips at this level and with a pre season and is wanting to play, I can't see much wrong with this.
If he can find the form he had in his leeds days then happy days, as long as we are not footing the full amount of wages then what is not to like?
I know everyone seems to be hating on this but, I think Phillips at this level and with a pre season and is wanting to play, I can't see much wrong with this.
If he can find the form he had in his leeds days then happy days, as long as we are not footing the full amount of wages then what is not to like?
I get this side of the argument as well, but if you don't take a chance on say McGoldrick, Bamford then the other side of that is Ravell, Rodwell and so on, but Phillips is only 30 and he has played at the highest levels internationally, maybe it will be a hiding to nothing, or it could prove to be a master stroke who knows i personally think it's a risk worth taking.Aren't we about done though waiting for players to have a proper pre season? For the past four pre seasons, he's been contracted to arguably the best team in the world with world class facilities and fitness coaches, so it's not like he came to us without a club trying to build his fitness up. He spent the last 2 and a half months of his loan spell with us injured and unavailable, which is not a great sign of things to come.
Had he hit the ground running with us then I'd be all for it, but he made a grand total of 3 appearances and still managed to get sent off in a match that we were absolutely cruising in. His Leeds days are now 4 years ago and when he was arguably in his prime. He's had 3 unsuccessful loan spells since and has barely played for his parent club, I don't think we can afford to be a trial for someone who will no doubt be one of the highest earner, in such a key position.
I really hope to have a massive slice of humble pie, but I think this is a gamble we should stay well clear of.
All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?