Juve in for Gary Cahill

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We did make a serious bid to sign him but it was scuppered when Bolton stepped in and offered to make him a millionaire overnight.

Had an eye for a player didn't he, that Thailand coach?

i think robson went to Thailand cuz he knew there no place in british for him after in balls up he done here....

He's done alright hasn't he? Lad from Dronfield and that. Went to school with him.

He's done alright hasn't he? Lad from Dronfield and that. Went to school with him.

Am I right in saying that if and when Cahill plays for England, he will be the first Sheffield-born England International since Mel Sterland?! It's a disgraceful record really for the 4th biggest city in the country. :thumbdown:

Am I right in saying that if and when Cahill plays for England, he will be the first Sheffield-born England International since Mel Sterland?! It's a disgraceful record really for the 4th biggest city in the country. :thumbdown:

We did however produce one of the best ever footballers in Gordan Banks...

If the Blades had an ounce of ambition Cahill shud have been signed.

Lolwut?

There was never going to be any chance of Cahill signing once a premiership side started sniffing..damn i fed teh Troll

Hows about he shud have been bought well before a Premiership club was sniffing ?

I think you are right, wasn't he born in Catcliffe? although it is often stated he was born in Sheffield i.e. on englandfc.com

I think he was born in Sheffield. I don't like the idea of any of my family being from Rotherham ;)

I have to agree............ let me just say i said Cahill shud have been signed when he joined the Blades.

It was clear he was a good player and was only going to improve, but we weren't in the position to spend £5mil on another player when, at the time, it looked as though we would be struggling in mid-table. Also, as others have said, if given the choice between going to Bolton paying premiership wages or coming to us, what makes you think he'd want to come here? Especially given he's a Wednesday fan.

I think Banks was born in Sheffield, and Rotherham has Sheffield post code anyway...

Back
Top Bottom