Incoming? Josh Maja

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So did Fulham.
If we’d bought him I bet they wouldn’t have.

I’m pretty convinced that all we are going to get at best is a centre half during this transfer window, shame really feel we need another central midfielder

He’d be decent at this level but he’d block Jebbison’s path through I’d rather we recalled a player under contract with plenty of promise and a proven record in league one than spend on an external player

Worth a look? 16 goals and 6 assists this season for Bordeaux and out of contract in June. 24 years old so don’t think a fee would be due.

Looked a real prospect at Sunderland a few years back and seems to be finding some form again.

Not seen the lad but the stats look ok. You would hope that United have had scouts out and about at these sort of leagues looking at potential players, once it looked favourable for us re promotion.

Bordeaux confirming he's leaving at the end of the season, has played in Prem before and is only 25?
Doesn't seem like it would work but does fit our signing criteria
He's achieved nothing at Stoke and Fulham in the last couple of years. He doesn't seem to be improving and isn't really young anymore, so the only criteria he fits is that he's free.

He's achieved nothing at Stoke and Fulham in the last couple of years. He doesn't seem to be improving and isn't really young anymore, so the only criteria he fits is that he's free.

Think this is a touch unfair tbh. 24 is hardly his peak is it? he got 16 last season granted in Ligue 2, id be surprised if we werent looking at him.

Think this is a touch unfair tbh. 24 is hardly his peak is it? he got 16 last season granted in Ligue 2, id be surprised if we werent looking at him.
Ah my mistake, his wiki stats haven't been updated and only showed 6 goals in the last 2 seasons with Stoke and Fulham, didn't have his Bordeaux goals on for last season. So yes, it was a touch unfair.

For me (wage dependent) it's a really low risk option. As a very young player he looked utterly unplayable, I had a ridiculous goal scoring record (albeit in league one). Since then he hasn't reached the heights expected, but he's still a good age.

I wouldn't want him to be signed as our main striker, but as an option, it's make perfect sense.

Tbh if we're as broke as some People on here think we are, free might be the only criteria that matters!

If we sign Maja the meltdowns will be widespread and rampant.

Currently we have Ndiaye, McBurnie, Brewster, Jebbison, Osula.

Where's Maja sitting in that order? After disappointing Championship spells and L2 in France.

If we sign Maja the meltdowns will be widespread and rampant.

Currently we have Ndiaye, McBurnie, Brewster, Jebbison, Osula.

Where's Maja sitting in that order? After disappointing Championship spells and L2 in France.
I don't think Maja is the answer but on a low risk deal plus he's more experienced than half of the above.

Then again I still believe Jebbison and Osula need season long loans without recalls.

Bang average, nowhere near good enough for what we need.

Back
Top Bottom