Incoming? Josh Maja

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think we will be looking at a defender and a midfielder!

Could only see this happening if we offloaded a couple of forwards.

Wouldn’t mind this fits what appears to be our mould upfront recruitment wise. Physical explosive and has been prolific lower down. Depends on fee but if we are planning for the future it would give us an interesting young striking group.

Literally the last thing we need is another forward. We have 6

Creative midfielder and a proper defender for me
I’d imagine this would be a signing in addition to those positions. If it’s instead of those then I agree it’s madness.

Strange one as all the mood music from Prince and CWAK is no permanent transfers in January???
Agreed although he’s one we’ve had an interest in for a while. I think we wanted him when he left Sunderland if memory serves? Maybe an opportunity has come up and we want to take it or maybe it’s just bollocks we are approaching silly season after all.

Fair to say last time he joined a prem club in red and white stripes it went really well... :oops:

Sheffield United are plotting a move for Nigeria international striker Josh Maja in the January transfer window.

According to 20 Minute journalist Clement Carpentier via Twitter, the Blades are 'very interested' in signing the Bordeaux number 9 when the transfer window opens for business.

A swap for Mousset could work. Pretty sure he will be leaving (& probably to France) this Summer.

Maja's character didn't seem the best in that Sunderland documentary though.

A swap for Mousset could work. Pretty sure he will be leaving (& probably to France) this Summer.

Maja's character didn't seem the best in that Sunderland documentary though.
That documentary did seem to do a hatchet job on anyone leaving the club. You can’t blame him for wanting out tbh it seemed a right mess.

That documentary did seem to do a hatchet job on anyone leaving the club. You can’t blame him for wanting out tbh it seemed a right mess.

True, but all of the cloak and dagger stuff didn't sit well with me. By all accounts he left League 1 straight into a £50k a week contract in France so you certainly can't question the decision.

But not telling anybody at the club what you're up to & then suddenly upping and leaving left a sour taste - particularly as he came through their youth setup.

All you're asking for is for him to be a decent bloke about it, be transparent and don't leave your club & team mates in the lurch. Sunderland fans aren't daft, they could have accepted that. As would his colleagues.

The Rodwell thing was completely different. He might not have been totally innocent but he certainly shouldn't have been made to feel a villain for holding the club to a contract they entered into with him with open eyes.
The same has to be said for Dean Hammond here. That one was on us. Not him.

I’d agree completely but there’s some mitigating factors in there for me. Firstly has was a very young lad and his line seemed to be I’m leaving it to my agent talk to him which is fair enough. The agent definitely was unscrupulous though. And the two blokes who’d come in as owners seemed fairly emotionally manipulative with it all I’m not sure I’d want to deal with them if I could delegate that to someone else.

I’ll certainly watch it back if we do end up bringing him in though.

Bordeaux haven’t been any great shakes over the last couple of seasons.
Not too sure how well he has done.
We were supposed to be interested in him last season.
Will still be disappointed if we only get two loans in January.
Then again, if we stay up I’m sure I will be able to get over it.

Standards are slipping on here nearly a page of posts and still no YouTube montage of the player in question doing everything right making them look as good as Micheal Higdon at Motherwell.

So our forward options next year in the championship would be McBurnie, Brewster, Moose, Maja and Burke potentially.

Not too shabby at all!

Seems like an agent putting his name out there, to me. We don't need any more strikers.

prince's mate saying we're still in for striker because moose is more or less off in the summer

Who is princes mate?
Could see a swap deal being of interest with us getting cash adjustment or another player

Back
Top Bottom