Incoming? Josh Doig

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Scougall has always been shite in Scotland too by the way. He's playing part time these days. I think the biggest club he ever played for up here was St Johnstone where he barely got a game.

I don't blame Blades fans for having a dim view of Scottish football mind you, there has been some right dross signed from up here.

Doig is decent and has the potential to get better. Oddly I think he'd perform better in the Championship. Skillful wingbacks get hacked to bits up here and terrible officiating offers them little protection.
Unfair on Scougs, but we all have different views.

Unfair on Scougs, but we all have different views.

It would be boring if everyone had the same opinion but I'm afraid I never 'got' Scougall - far to small, lightweight and ineffective at L1 level. He did appear to have a good attitude (unlike his fellow countryman McNulty) but ultimately wasn't good enough. I'm sure the memory of scoring at Wembley will stay with him forever (it was a great moment!) but to me, it's no surprise he's now playing semi-pro.

Out of all the Scots signed following (S) Clough's trip there, I only ever rated Murphy. McGinn was quite possibly the worst of the lot.

It would be boring if everyone had the same opinion but I'm afraid I never 'got' Scougall - far to small, lightweight and ineffective at L1 level. He did appear to have a good attitude (unlike his fellow countryman McNulty) but ultimately wasn't good enough. I'm sure the memory of scoring at Wembley will stay with him forever (it was a great moment!) but to me, it's no surprise he's now playing semi-pro.

Out of all the Scots signed following (S) Clough's trip there, I only ever rated Murphy. McGinn was quite possibly the worst of the lot.
We did want John McGinn as well to be fair - but naturally the club wouldn't sanction the 30k or so it needed to get him....

Supposedly going to Bologna or late bidders Torino, TONIGHT. For accounting purposes. £5.5M reported.

Back
Top Bottom