Incoming? Josh Doig

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

be a reyt signing. Give em Burke and Boyes and a timeshare Jeddah.

I've never heard of him but the link may have come from Hecky's time at Hibs. As others have said I can't see us spending several million pounds on a position where we already have two competent players, three of we count Lowe but he'll probably leave. Maybe there's a release clause that's much lower than is common knowledge.

Don’t imagine Hibs would be able to cover his wages to be honest if he does leave he’ll have to go to somewhere with a decent budget.
Like Swillsborough?

I’d rather trust RND and have Boyes complimenting him. Keep Stevens as an emergency if required/Boyes really isn’t up to it from pre season training.

Someone will buy Lowe.

Plenty of pressing matters for me, LWB isn’t one of them.

Unlikely he can't defend for shit.

He is a pacey attacking LWB that can beat a man and whip in a decent cross. Ideal for a 3-5-2 but not much else.

Not a chance he'd cost £6m either.

Fair enough! Never seen him play personally

I’d rather trust RND and have Boyes complimenting him. Keep Stevens as an emergency if required/Boyes really isn’t up to it from pre season training.

Someone will buy Lowe.

Plenty of pressing matters for me, LWB isn’t one of them.
It is for me. Look at Forest. If we had two bogles on the right and left we would have gone up automatically

Adds more going forward with pace and delivery.

Doig on the Left
Bogle on the Right

RND to come in LCB?/Robinson
Egan/New Signing
Basham/New Signing/Gordon

If we are going to play 3 at the back both wing backs have to be able to get forward, beat a man and put a cross in.

Stevens is past it and inconsistent, RND is sound but slightly lacking going forward so a pacy left wing back who can cross wd be a very good addition.

As someone said higher up if this is the lad then RND becomes back up LWB and LCB and selling Lowe pays for Doig.

Local journo reporting this too. Don’t know much about him. Probably an upgrade on Stevens tho

Left backs from Scotland have been alright recently though. Kieran Tierney and Andy Robertson are probably both in the top 5 in the Premier League.
Everton paid about 12m for the young Rangers right back as well.

Though to be fair they seem to have more money than sense.

Claiming 170m of 'COVID losses' when everyone else was claiming up to 40m 🤔

Back to signing mediocre players from the Scottish leagues. Whats Scougall up to?
Scougall has always been shite in Scotland too by the way. He's playing part time these days. I think the biggest club he ever played for up here was St Johnstone where he barely got a game.

I don't blame Blades fans for having a dim view of Scottish football mind you, there has been some right dross signed from up here.

Doig is decent and has the potential to get better. Oddly I think he'd perform better in the Championship. Skillful wingbacks get hacked to bits up here and terrible officiating offers them little protection.

Scougall has always been shite in Scotland too by the way. He's playing part time these days. I think the biggest club he ever played for up here was St Johnstone where he barely got a game.

I don't blame Blades fans for having a dim view of Scottish football mind you, there has been some right dross signed from up here.

Doig is decent and has the potential to get better. Oddly I think he'd perform better in the Championship. Skillful wingbacks get hacked to bits up here and terrible officiating offers them little protection.
Sorry if any offence caused 🤣. Jamie Murphy was great but as you know we had a time under Clough mainly signing average cheap Scottish players. You know much more about him than I do so sound more promising than my grim response

Back
Top Bottom