Gone Elsewhere Josh Brownhill

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Luke Freeman could be used as a makeweight here. Similar price range. Freeman moves back down South. Brownhill moves back up North (he's from Manchester way).

He'd be a great signing for them & Brownhill may be a better fit for us given his more physical, box to box style attributes.

Could make a lot of sense.

Or better, sign Brownhill and keep Freeman.

Luke Freeman could be used as a makeweight here. Similar price range. Freeman moves back down South. Brownhill moves back up North (he's from Manchester way).

He'd be a great signing for them & Brownhill may be a better fit for us given his more physical, box to box style attributes.

Could make a lot of sense.

Unless Freeman is actually unhappy (which seems to be an unsubstantiated rumour) then I'd much prefer we keep him.
Brownhill would likely compete more for the RCM spot or potentially Ollie Norwood's.
Wilder obviously likes the balance of having left footers play on the left side, meaning Freeman is the obvious cover/competition with Fleck while giving the option to play with a number 10 if we need to.

Talented footballer, let's keep him if we can.

He would strengthen RCM and provide cover/competition for Norwood but he may be difficult to land with Leicester, Palace and Burnley also rumoured to be interested. Leicester and Palace are likely to offer higher wages and Burnley could offer Wells as part of the deal - a player BCFC are rumoured to be interested in.

If he's available for anything like £7m now we should try to get him in.

He'd be a great fit.

I feel we have a very good chance of getting him.
Also there is an obvious slot in the team for him to make his mark with CW actively stating Lunny needs a rest. Can't say he's get such a chance at Leicester.

Would be an excellent and very sensible window is we let Stearman and Clarke go and loaned or offloaded Bryan and brought in Rodwell, Robinson and Brownhill.

For £7 million it's a bargain. I think we'd struggle to sign him if other PL clubsare interested. He'd be back-up.

Would be a good fit here I believe. The unfashionable teams like us and Burnley will be after the same group of players. Brownhill is a good footballer so maybe prefer being here with us.

Would be a good fit here I believe. The unfashionable teams like us and Burnley will be after the same group of players. Brownhill is a good footballer so maybe prefer being here with us

What's unfashionable about us. Great stadium, fantastic support, superb infrastructure. Some of you should just fuck off and support someone else, if in fact you don't already.

pixel
pixel
pixel

EXCLUSIVE: Bristol City considering swapping skipper for Burnley striker
Date published: Tuesday 21st January 2020 7:16
Josh.Brownhill.jpg

Bristol City are considering a player plus cash deal with Burnley for captain Josh Brownhill, which would include Nahki Wells moving in the opposite direction, TEAMtalk understands.
The Robins do not want to lose Brownhill, but the player has a release clause in his contact which kicks in at the end of the season – so they know they also can’t stop him from leaving come the summer.

Brownhill has become a key player under Lee Johnson, but his form has not gone unnoticed and it is not just Burnley – with Bournemouth, Southampton, Brighton, Crystal Palace and Leicester also showing a keen interest.
But it is Sean Dyche’s men who are in pole position, and whilst City are not keen on selling Brownhill – the Clarets have a trump card in the shape of Bermudan star Wells.
ADVERTISING

Wells is currently one of the top-scorers in the Championship, where he is on-loan with QPR – but Burnley have the option of recalling him this month, and then sending him elsewhere.
And Burnley are indeed ready to bring back Wells and send him to Ashton Gate along with around £3million to land Brownhill, but it remains to be seen if a deal can done.

Not sure offering Leon Clarke in px would quite swing it!

Offering 8m with plenty of the window left would seem reasonable at this point.

My only nagging concern is - how good is he?

Is he as good as Norwood? Is he better than Lunny? Does he really take us to the next level or does he just maintain and deepen the quality?

pixel
pixel
pixel

EXCLUSIVE: Bristol City considering swapping skipper for Burnley striker
Date published: Tuesday 21st January 2020 7:16
Josh.Brownhill.jpg

Bristol City are considering a player plus cash deal with Burnley for captain Josh Brownhill, which would include Nahki Wells moving in the opposite direction, TEAMtalk understands.
The Robins do not want to lose Brownhill, but the player has a release clause in his contact which kicks in at the end of the season – so they know they also can’t stop him from leaving come the summer.

Brownhill has become a key player under Lee Johnson, but his form has not gone unnoticed and it is not just Burnley – with Bournemouth, Southampton, Brighton, Crystal Palace and Leicester also showing a keen interest.
But it is Sean Dyche’s men who are in pole position, and whilst City are not keen on selling Brownhill – the Clarets have a trump card in the shape of Bermudan star Wells.
ADVERTISING

Wells is currently one of the top-scorers in the Championship, where he is on-loan with QPR – but Burnley have the option of recalling him this month, and then sending him elsewhere.
And Burnley are indeed ready to bring back Wells and send him to Ashton Gate along with around £3million to land Brownhill, but it remains to be seen if a deal can done.

This might put us out of the running perhaps
Nakhi is averaging a goal every two games at the moment and could do well for Bristol
Agree that Leon would not be as attractive as a make weight
Depends if we stump up the 7 to 8,000,000
And then Bristol can buy who they fancy
I would say that we are more attractive than Burnley for Josh, but again depends on who offers the bigger wages I suppose

Not sure offering Leon Clarke in px would quite swing it!

Offering 8m with plenty of the window left would seem reasonable at this point.

My only nagging concern is - how good is he?

Is he as good as Norwood? Is he better than Lunny? Does he really take us to the next level or does he just maintain and deepen the quality?

I think you are probably spot on with around 8 million. Wilder said after the City game (maybe paraphrasing here) 'more than one way to spend your money', so likely the frugal signings of Rodwell and J.Robinson have been made in order to free up a large portion of his JTW budget on the likes of Brownhill or Eze.

Like all substantial signings, spending 8 million on a championship (or even a premiership) player has its risks but from what I've seen and read Brownhill should fit into the squads current system fairly well.

Brownhill rumour is gathering momentum on Twitter. It could all be bollocks still though.

Yeah, looking through his previous tweets does not inspire any confidence...

Can't vouch for this bloke-

57 followers.
Questionable tweets, including one saying in-form Jack Grealish has been “shit all season”.
Feels the need to describe himself as “Well respected in the football circles” in his profile.

Welcome to the club Josh...

What's unfashionable about us. Great stadium, fantastic support, superb infrastructure. Some of you should just fuck off and support someone else, if in fact you don't already.

Wow someone having a bad day. If you think we are a fashionable team when there’s teams like Spurs / City then your just deluded. Our infrastructure is good no question but it’s not when you compare it to others in the league.

These clubs have been having television money for 15 years more than us so it’s common sense we are behind. But we are catching them.

Next time don’t be such a dick.

Back
Top Bottom