John Swift

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bet you’re glad your carers give you this amount of internet time.

S4 be like

giphy.gif

If I see one more Tweet referring to the 'Duffy role' I might have a break down.

We don't play with the Duffy role any more. The role is redundant. We haven't used it, wont use it.
When Billy came on as sub on Sunday, Didsy moved to the Duffy role.

Reactions: HVR
Squad player like the other championship signings Robinson, Osbourn and Freeman. And we need a bigger squad so no problem with that.

What I really want is an attacking misfielder who can go past players

For the rumoured £3.5m it’s a steal and it does show that pillaging the Championship does seem to be where the value is. The obvious risk is if they can step up to the level we now need.
It’s another good move by Wilder, Knill and Bettis, I just hope this doesn’t kill a potential Eze deal.

I'm impressed from the footage, super control with an eye for a pass and can shoot. Seems a bit 'one footed' (anyone remember Des Hamilton who was technically gifted but so one footed he went around in circles) but this bloke can take the ball forward. For the price, his skill set and positive attitude its a yes from me!

He is a lot bigger than I remmeber too. I thought his issue would be his size for the rcm role.

Reading Manager Bowen remained tight lipped when asked about Blades interest in Swift

Didn't want to know, but hopefully that's a positive. Bowen also apparently conceded that Reading have to unload some of their "key" players to help balance the books

Seems like there is definite interest. Would fit our model of players too.

This is the type of signing I'd really like to see. One of the higher end Championship players. Still plenty of development left in him. Won't cost the earth. Will be hungry and determined. Will likely fit in to the personality of the squad.

Reading fans a little indifferent to this. Consensus seems to be he's great on his day, anoynmous when it's not & not one for a battle or taking a game by the scruff of its neck.

Reading fans a little indifferent to this. Consensus seems to be he's great on his day, anoynmous when it's not & not one for a battle or taking a game by the scruff of its neck.
I remember some Coventry fans saying similar about Fleck. If he had anything like a similar amount of success I'd be happy. 😁

Probably not the best game to judge him on, but from last night's borefest against Huddersfield:

Swift 6
Some nice touches but tended to frustrate more often than not. Needed to be better at his set-pieces. Created a good chance for Puscas but almost gave away a goal in the second half with a weak back pass to Rafael.

He's more then good enough technically to play in the top division. He didn't make it at a top/Prem club and has had to drop down a level or 2 to rebuild his career.

Norwood
Fleck
JOC
Freeman
Stevens
Bryan
Robinson x 2
Lundstram
Rodwell
Morrison
Zivcovic

He literally could not fit the profile of a Wilder signing any more.

Has anybody pointed out that we would have the tantalising option of an entire midfield called John?
Wilder shouts in training "Oi! John!" and half the squad turn around and look at him.

Excellent.

So when we sack Kasabian off, as per current thread in Entertainment Chat, we could run out to this:

(Obscure 1980s music memrie alert).

For the rumoured £3.5m it’s a steal and it does show that pillaging the Championship does seem to be where the value is. The obvious risk is if they can step up to the level we now need.
It’s another good move by Wilder, Knill and Bettis, I just hope this doesn’t kill a potential Eze deal.
I’d sooner have Eze than either Swift or even Cantwell given his likely fee and wages. I’d be happ with any of them but Eze looks the more exciting and probably the best value (assuming QPR don’t hold us to ransom)

I’d sooner have Eze than either Swift or even Cantwell given his likely fee and wages. I’d be happ with any of them but Eze looks the more exciting and probably the best value (assuming QPR don’t hold us to ransom)

Eze would be terrific as McGoldrick competition, but not for RCM.

If I see one more Tweet referring to the 'Duffy role' I might have a break down.

We don't play with the Duffy role any more. The role is redundant. We haven't used it, wont use it.

Unless it refers to a player barging into the office demanding a new contract, only to be thrown out of the club and their careers go up in smoke. Soon to be known as the ‘Lunny role’ Can we forget about the name Duffy?

Back
Top Bottom