John Fleck

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Old bones break easier, sad to say this is probably career ending. Think the sniper is angry with us.
Crikey! He's in his early thirties ! Wouldn't have thought his age would have been a factor in this case.
Soft tissue and injuries round muscles will be slower to heal but bones in a man in his early thirties should heal up well ?
Learn something new every day.

I'd be surprised if that was the truth considering Hecky wanted Billy to stay but the board wouldn't offer the contract.
Hecky wanted to keep the whole group together but the board apparently played eenie meenie miney moe and we ended up with Fleck.
Flecky was probably much cheaper than Billy

To have this many continual injuries all the time something needs looking at. I don't believe it's bad luck. We never had injuries like this under Warnock, under Blackwell, under Wilder or Slav. But ever since Hecky took over the list has been shockingly bad and most injuries haven't been niggles but seen players out for weeks or months. His training methods must play a part in this, or maybe it's the conditioning staff. Someone at the club needs to take the blame as it's ridiculous. The number of players injured during pre-season and going back to last season is a joke.

We don't have the strength in depth to cover injuries, so if training or lack of conditioning is playing a part then it needs to change asap. We cannot carry injuries. We cannot have the likes of Osula or Ozzy starting matches in the Premier League.

I was under the impression the areaof the break is usually stronger than before if the break heals properly. Blow to Fleck and us will it need pinning to give it strong now its happened again? Whoever is knowledgeable on these things.
I’m not 100% sure how the fracture was treated initially. I think it was conservatively treated without surgery. Sometimes fractures appear to have healed on X-rays but true bony union doesn’t occur and refractures can occur through the old fracture site. Obviously don’t have full knowledge of the injury but might explain the situation.

Sad for him but it was folly to renew his contract.

Treat him until he's better but then I think pay him off amicably and above all learn the frigging lesson
I wasn't overly impressed at him getting a new contract, but wouldn't wish this on the fella,so could be this year's JOC living in the gym,and leaving the club at end of his contract the fittest man at the club , he'll never play for us again so got to be left out of the squad, so another place to fill

We get what we deserve for handing out sentimental 'rewards' contracts. We have to get out of the habit and move the fuck on

Hecky's insecurity in not wanting to lose any of the good old senior lads is largely to blame it seems
'We' deserve John Fleck potentially breaking a leg because we gave him a contract?

Walk me through it.

I wasn't overly impressed at him getting a new contract, but wouldn't wish this on the fella,so could be this year's JOC living in the gym,and leaving the club at end of his contract the fittest man at the club , he'll never play for us again so got to be left out of the squad, so another place to fill
I think we owe him the treatment without a doubt, irrespective of whether he decides to call it a day or not.

Set incredibly high standards for four seasons and sadly a bit of a bit player afterwards. We owe him a lot.

But we owe it to ourselves to replace him with someone who will set the same kind of standards he once did.

'We' deserve John Fleck potentially breaking a leg because we gave him a contract?

Walk me through it.
If you're stupid enough to give a permanently injured/unfit player a new contract, then more injuries/unfitness seems like a suitable reward. But I'm sure you knew I meant exactly that

Fleck was never gonna be fit enough to play in the PL - at least this has ruled him out before the season starts so PH can discount him from his planning.
On the positive side we must surely now recruit a Lsided MF asap

If you're stupid enough to give a permanently injured/unfit player a new contract, then more injuries/unfitness seems like a suitable reward. But I'm sure you knew I meant exactly that

The meaning of what you initially said, and what you've just said in reply to me are different. Thanks for the clarification.

Though I shouldn't have been so surprised about the initial melodrama when I think about it, I remember your hissy fits last season when Hecky wasn't picking Reda Khadra 😂.

The meaning of what you initially said, and what you've just said in reply to me are different. Thanks for the clarification.

Though I shouldn't have been so surprised about the initial melodrama when I think about it, I remember your hissy fits last season when Hecky wasn't picking Reda Khadra 😂.
You're being deliberately dense. Bet you want me to bite don't you?

Probably a refracture. Or the fracture never fully healed the first time. Less energy / force required with the second injury. Not that unusual unfortunately.
Fractures very rarely occur in the same place .
This is because, assuming the origanal fracture heals properly, the fracture site is actually stronger.

To have this many continual injuries all the time something needs looking at. I don't believe it's bad luck. We never had injuries like this under Warnock, under Blackwell, under Wilder or Slav. But ever since Hecky took over the list has been shockingly bad and most injuries haven't been niggles but seen players out for weeks or months. His training methods must play a part in this, or maybe it's the conditioning staff. Someone at the club needs to take the blame as it's ridiculous. The number of players injured during pre-season and going back to last season is a joke.

We don't have the strength in depth to cover injuries, so if training or lack of conditioning is playing a part then it needs to change asap. We cannot carry injuries. We cannot have the likes of Osula or Ozzy starting matches in the Premier League.
You might want to look at the effects of mRNA covid jabs on the immune system and particularly the effects of resultant micro clots on the cardio vascular system.
Best not agree with me though - unless you want to be branded a dreaded antivaxxer.

Gutted for him. Was unlikely to play much but I imagine he'd have loved another crack at the premier league.

A leg break is hardly something that can be foreseen and he was offered reduced terms to be a backup. It was a sensible decision to offer him a contract given our financial situation - we can all see how much work we still have to do

Bed wetters of the world unite!!!!

Based on his performance in the FA Cup Semi final against the best midfield in Europe, he quite clearly could do a role when asked this coming season.

But don't let hard evidence get in the way of giving the club a good kicking.

Injuries happen and can happen to any player.

Come on Hecky listen to these moaning experts, you only train with the players all week.
These forum know all's see them once fortnight and can tell you who to give contracts to and who's going to get injured . Hindsight FFS.
No one knew he was going to get Injured (then again it's every year) but he hasn't performed/played much for 3 years.

Should have been in the JOC, Stevens and Sharp category.

Unlucky for Fleck, but it was an idiotic new contract offer in the first place, now just got to hope that insurance will cover most of the wages and SUFC/Fleck can come to mutual consent for the rest and he moves on

We get what we deserve for handing out sentimental 'rewards' contracts. We have to get out of the habit and move the fuck on

Hecky's insecurity in not wanting to lose any of the good old senior lads is largely to blame it seems
Not an unfair comment. He seemed a bit miffed to have lost Stevens and Sharp.

These were both absolutely the right decisions as releasing Fleck would have been, though I may have been guilty of trying to justify it myself once it was done.

I suppose he was short of bodies in midfield and that is what drove it.

You do wonder if he properly recovered last time.

Atleast it hopefully force PH to play a new signing instead of the old dead wood..

Jeez, thought Newcastle had put a bid in when I saw his name 😤

Back
Top Bottom