John Fleck

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They did but Doyle was our best player imo, even his corners are top notch. All about opinions though so not saying I’m right 👍
I think you’re right 😊. Been a consistent performer ever since he has been starting games. Very mature for his age and takes excellent corners. Cannot understand (unless still getting back to full fitness) why Hecky has subbed him so many times in the past

I’d say RND just edged it. I wouldn’t drop Doyle just to get Fleck in.

Drop McAtee and push Doyle further up then, we can't keep playing Doyle and McAtee together is what I’m saying

Brewster gets his first goal of the season and we reward him by benching him for the next. Send Khadra back in January and use that wage elsewhere
But missed a penalty, we have the worst £40m strike force I've ever seen. He may have scored last week but did very little else, yes a striker is judged on goals but with his strike rate you've gotta expect more with and without the ball.

But missed a penalty, we have the worst £40m strike force I've ever seen. He may have scored last week but did very little else, yes a striker is judged on goals but with his strike rate you've gotta expect more with and without the ball.
Hecky couldn’t have predicted that pre game though, he came on and caused problems for their defence & was the reason their centre half got sent off. No penalty is good if it’s missed, but he’s very unlucky. Sharp had a stinker vs Stoke & his reward is a start today?

In all honesty with them being a tall physical team it would have made more sense Anel & McBurnie starting over Osborn & Sharp?

Hecky couldn’t have predicted that pre game though, he came on and caused problems for their defence & was the reason their centre half got sent off. No penalty is good if it’s missed, but he’s very unlucky. Sharp had a stinker vs Stoke & his reward is a start today?

In all honesty with them being a tall physical team it would have made more sense Anel & McBurnie starting over Osborn & Sharp?
Totally agree with you but I think Sharp played OK today 1st half, but how is brewster ever going to hit any type of form if he's on the bench? Some of heckys decisions at times are baffling.

Fleck Gets straight back in the midfield when fit, yes even the current iteration of Fleck.. Doyle and McAtee are too lightweight to play together in The Championship, rotate them in and out of game.

And then after 10 minutes of Fleck’s first game back you’ll be slagging him off in the shoutbox saying Hecky needs to get him off.

Be a decent squad player
Macatee and Doyle did well today

They did alright but it did feel like we were not winning the midfield battle often enough. Every second ball ended up with their player.

Do you think Fleck will just come back fit straight away?
Fleck will take up to the break to get fit, he'll then lose that fitness during the World Cup.
Unless of course he gets injured again.
Like Bash, Enda and Billy the guys just about finished at this level.

Drop McAtee and push Doyle further up then, we can't keep playing Doyle and McAtee together is what I’m saying
No, Mcatee will get better, and the last 2 games has shown this, its not the mid it’s the awful back 3.
Bash needs retiring, he would not be starting if we weren’t desperate.

Fleck Gets straight back in the midfield when fit, yes even the current iteration of Fleck.. Doyle and McAtee are too lightweight to play together in The Championship, rotate them in and out of game.

I've thought further on this and after instantly dismissing it out of hand, I now think there might be some merit in it but not necessarily for the same reasons.

On an individual basis, I prefer Doyle to Fleck. However, we have been super-exposed through the middle of the park this month with teams running through at will.
I'm not sure whether Norwood and Doyle suit each other as a pairing, whereas Fleck does at least offer more of a defensive shield (when he's at it).

Doyle likes to roam and play in more advanced areas.
He might be more the answer to our Berge problem, than our Fleck problem.

It will all depend on which Fleck returns though.

I've thought further on this and after instantly dismissing it out of hand, I now think there might be some merit in it but not necessarily for the same reasons.

On an individual basis, I prefer Doyle to Fleck. However, we have been super-exposed through the middle of the park this month with teams running through at will.
I'm not sure whether Norwood and Doyle suit each other as a pairing, whereas Fleck does at least offer more of a defensive shield (when he's at it).

Doyle likes to roam and play in more advanced areas.
He might be more the answer to our Berge problem, than our Fleck problem.

It will all depend on which Fleck returns though.

I'd play Doyle Norwood Fleck in a CM three. Gives the wingbacks more licence to get forward and provides some cover for the defence.

I'd play Doyle Norwood Fleck in a CM three. Gives the wingbacks more licence to get forward and provides some cover for the defence.

I'd agree if we had some wing-backs available that were effective in the final third!

As it is, we don't.
So I'd rather stick to the two 10s creating.

Back
Top Bottom