Player Suggestion Jerry Yates

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Scored 32% of Blackpool's goals last season @ 14
Bloody hell, he looks a lot older than he actually is.

I rate him but hes not prem quality yet. Perfect for the champ or a long term prospect. If we hadn’t been promoted i would be happy signing him. Good player though.

We're likely back there the season after, so every sense in taking a punt now and then having a quality our books for that level, if needed.

Funny football and its opinions with supporters 🤣 I post about a 22 year old at Man Utd (Williams) and get told he's shit but people rave about Jerry Yates.

#knowball
I wouldn't say I'm raving about him. I'm suggesting if we signed him we might see value based on his improvement in recent seasons.

He'd also be likely to come.

I feel people are being harsh to Yates. He can make something happen on his own, which is a
fairly uncommon ability. If he was free, it wouldn't be the worst squad signing.

I’d take him. The idea of preparing for the championship if we come down is really appealing.

We're likely back there the season after, so every sense in taking a punt now and then having a quality our books for that level, if needed.

I’ve seen similar sentiments from other posters on other threads and its total nonsense to suggest we sign players we know are nowhere near prem quality to prepare for life back in the champ.

YES, we will likely get relegated, but when we did last time it wasn’t Callum Robinson, Luke Freeman etc who dragged us back up - because their confidence was shot to pieces by having been out of their depth and playing like utter crap for one or two seasons.

The same would happen to this lad, and just about anyone else likely to struggle in the prem.

With the money we have available, he could be a canny signing. I would want Utd to sign another forward who is the main target but if the budget stretched that far I'd be happy with us signing him. He brings different skills to the table and would be a handful off the bench.
Sounds like someone is preparing for the championship…

Thought he played really well against us this season. Wouldn't be rushing to sign him. But would trust and believe in him and the management if they did, as always. #HappyClapper

As expected, not one of the 20 Prem sides felt he is good enough for them - another one lobbied for by a number of people on here simply because he had a decent game v Utd.

Swansea should be a good move for him though
Yes it annoys me that some think he is a good player after seeing him only once!

Might have been worth picking up, we'll see. Swansea are good at getting strikers to bang in 20 goals

Back
Top Bottom