Player Suggestion Jerry Yates

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kev Gee

Reaction score
Played well and could have had a hatrick.

Local lad as well I believe

Good young striker.

Would you take him?

How much is he valued at?

He played well on Saturday but he's hardly prolific at this level.

That was his 6th of the season, 4 of them were braces in his last 2 games.

Last season he got 8.

In League 1 he got 20.

I guess we just saw him put in a remarkable, isolated performance.

He played well on Saturday but he's hardly prolific at this level.

That was his 6th of the season, 4 of them were braces in his last 2 games.

Last season he got 8.

In League 1 he got 20.

I guess we just saw him put in a remarkable, isolated performance.
Let's not make the same mistake we did with khadra and judge a player who's been given the fredom of the park to look good

Two excellent finishes. Underrated header.

I don't know loads about him.

He's a very decent championship player. He would be someone we should look at and be attainable if we needed to freshen the forward line up in the future.

Another hes played well against us lets sign him suggestions
Agree, I find them annoying.

I remember a know it all Blade advising Adrian Heath and our board at a SUISA forum meeting to sign Darren Wrack from Walsall not long after he played against us in the 1-1 draw at Bramall Lane. This Blade was an embarrassment and was on the mic for too long. I admit Wrack played well against us that day but really Walsall was about his level and no bigger club made a bid to sign him.

Yates played well against us on his good day but it doesnt mean he will be a signing to bring us promotion.

Khadra played well against us last season but so far this season he hasnt done much for us.

Dennis Bailey scored a hat trick for QPR at Old Trafford but he didnt play many more games in the top tier

Me and my Grandson thought that Yates was the worst player on the pitch for Blackpool last season, this season he played better, but still not good.

Scored 32% of Blackpool's goals last season @ 14, which along with his 4 assists meant he was significantly involved in 41% of all their goals.

Outside the top 8 teams, only him and Piroe figured in the top scorer list.

My take is that he's heading towards his peak years at 26 and someone prepared to take a punt and work on his game will get a bargain.

Scored 32% of Blackpool's goals last season @ 14, which along with his 4 assists meant he was significantly involved in 41% of all their goals.

Outside the top 8 teams, only him and Piroe figured in the top scorer list.

My take is that he's heading towards his peak years at 26 and someone prepared to take a punt and work on his game will get a bargain.
Maybe, but not in the Premier League.

He was heavily linked to Leicester a couple weeks back

I rate him but hes not prem quality yet. Perfect for the champ or a long term prospect. If we hadn’t been promoted i would be happy signing him. Good player though.

Totally understand why people are 🤷‍♂️, given his overall career But his last 3 years indicate a guy getting much better, year on year.

He's another potential money ball signing in my opinion. Wouldn't need to play much EPL football to double his value either.

With the money we have available, he could be a canny signing. I would want Utd to sign another forward who is the main target but if the budget stretched that far I'd be happy with us signing him. He brings different skills to the table and would be a handful off the bench.

I’d take him. The idea of preparing for the championship if we come down is really appealing.

I’d take him. The idea of preparing for the championship if we come down is really appealing.
It's one thing being prepared in the event of relegation, it's another to actively plan for it.

Yates wouldn't be the remedy to Utd's biggest problem - not having anywhere near enough goals in the side.

I think we are fishing in a different pond now.
And hasn't he recently signed a new deal with Blackpool which meant any sale was off the table.
He would have been a good signing if we were still in the EFL though.
I still think he will improve further in the next year or two.

Totally understand why people are 🤷‍♂️, given his overall career But his last 3 years indicate a guy getting much better, year on year.

He's another potential money ball signing in my opinion. Wouldn't need to play much EPL football to double his value either.
Yeah but Jerry Yates. Even his name screams lower league 🤣

Yeah but Jerry Yates. Even his name screams lower league 🤣
That's a whole different thread. A blades team of players with league 1 names.

Kieran Freeman would be my starter for 10. No idea why🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom