Jebbo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jebbison definitely feels a couple of seasons away. But, also I think we maybe using our strikers as a pack, rather than investing in a major signing upfront. Remember we played Jebbo as a 17 year old in the Prem and got results. We have seen Hecky use him tactically this season, when we want to get the ball out into the channels early, which is what we might see more of in the Prem, less possession, counter attack, someone to make space for Ndiaye. Jebbo like all young players will have developed physically over the summer. So while far from the finished product, he might provide a valuable option, if we let him go, we need to bring another forward in. I would look to have him in the squad at least until the January window and see what role he has.

There are essentially two sets of "needs" here. The loan spell to lower leagues that (apparently) both players NEED. And 11 players plus subs which Sheffield United (actually) NEED each weekend.

One of Jebbison/Osula is currently our third choice striker. We will not send our third choice striker out on loan.

Is Jebbison a Premier League quality striker?

Yes, because he's clearly in the top four strikers, on merit, at a club in the Premier League, on merit.
Start with McBurnie and Ndiaye and then partway through the second half, in the words of Dave Bassett, tell them to go out their and cause some bollocks!

They’re both excellent physical specimens and as we seemingly have no cash let them improve with us instead of being shipped off only to potentially be sold before even pulling on the red and white!

In terms of Jebbison's progress, this promotion has come at a terrible time.

He's shown flashes where he's been far more influential and imposing on the pitch than McBurnie could ever dream of, yet his finishing has left question marks.

Another season with us in the championship would have been the making of him I think but since we're up and given how limited our recruitment seems to be this Summer he's looking like our 3rd choice striker, so I can't see us letting him go on loan.

I'd say take relegation as a certainty, and just use this season to give him as much practice against premier league opposition as possible. A few prem goals will do his confidence the world of good. Its vital that we know if he's good enough to lead the line in the 24/25 season.

In terms of Jebbison's progress, this promotion has come at a terrible time.

He's shown flashes where he's been far more influential and imposing on the pitch than McBurnie could ever dream of, yet his finishing has left question marks.

Another season with us in the championship would have been the making of him I think but since we're up and given how limited our recruitment seems to be this Summer he's looking like our 3rd choice striker, so I can't see us letting him go on loan.

I'd say take relegation as a certainty, and just use this season to give him as much practice against premier league opposition as possible. A few prem goals will do his confidence the world of good. Its vital that we know if he's good enough to lead the line in the 24/25 season.
Don't see your logic with this! We needed to go up end of quoting one player as a reason not too is illogical.
Yep we may get relegated and Jebbo would probably go ( if as you say he was a success ) as we would need to sell to keep afloat.
We have an opportunity to
build maybe a team who can stay up ( tough yes but we have to go for that ).
As has been said we would have been in the shit if still in championship! where's your logic in staying down.
I'm interested ?

I didn't say I didnt want us to go up 🤣. Simply that it's not the best thing that could have happened for Jebbisons progress this year.

Teenagers don't have a big impact on top level games. To expect Jebbison to be the outlier is going to end badly for all involved

owen giggs fowler rooney beckham foden bellingham haaland and several hundred more made the grade
but if they dont get prem minutes we will never know

owen giggs fowler rooney beckham haaland and several hundred more made the grade

Leeds would’ve won something with that young squad if it wasn’t for O’Leary being a shit manager and realising that hilarious book damning his two best players.

They finished 3rd with an average age of 22 or something ridiculous.

Leeds would’ve won something with that young squad if it wasn’t for O’Leary being a shit manager and realising that hilarious book damning his two best players.

They finished 3rd with an average age of 22 or something ridiculous.
kyle walker , played reguarly as a kid to become a world class defender
jagielka , had a great prem career, and young billy sharp got lots of games

we arent flooding the team with youngsters , just easing in a couple

Last edited:
we made it work in 19 20 season with lyss mousset and freeman , got results with the crowd pushing us forward

surely we have some better players now than then, Im very optimistic about our chances
Hecky and mccall are no mugs and will find solutions

Not sure what blame could possibly be put on the club for this? The treatment and rehabilitation advice surely comes from his doctor?

There are over 400 PL squad players of who a large number are missing at present, so why speculate ?
Why not? Does it not fit into the 'could be Jebbison situation'?

No one knows what's been up with him and hasn't kicked a ball since the second pre season game. For a young striker he's also known abit in the football world.

I think we're obliged to have a team doctor employed, but there's none listed here:

Bit off topic, but for comparison, Arsenal's slightly longer list of staff:

https://trainingground.guru/staff-profiles/arsenal-staff-profiles
From the club’s website:

The medical department is headed by Steve Humphries, ably supported by Ryan Flanagan, Joe Sowden, Chris Senior, Paul Evans and Iain Worton. They are supplemented by club doctors Dr Alex Worthington, Dr Subhashis Basu and Dr Roshan Gunaserkera.

Why not? Does it not fit into the 'could be Jebbison situation'?

No one knows what's been up with him and hasn't kicked a ball since the second pre season game. For a young striker he's also known abit in the football world.
…because it might not be him. How would he feel if these allegations are levelled at him if they are not true ?

…because it might not be him. How would he feel if these allegations are levelled at him if they are not true ?
Not saying its him but it could be surely? When something fits and we dont know the reasons then it's always going to be speculated.

There's been rumours about Jebbo and blood clots. He's also a young Premier league striker. We also have medical staff that appear to have bought their degrees and doctorates off dhgate.
Wilder said Jebbo is not far away when mentioning injured players ,that was in one of his interviews after taking over.

Back
Top Bottom